heyorange90

[WIP] Kainzorus Prime's Robe Model Reskin Project and More

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. 

I reading forum for 4 years already, and haven't logginged once until today, though i'm reading posts everu day and downloadings mods 

The reason i'm back, because my hands are itching to make some new textures for the game.

I have several thoughts for modding one one them is making variety of sith republic and sith soldiers. I don't  know will be there eventually a mod, but at least i can show you what is already done. In any case, if i will became too lazy,  i will upload it as a modder's resource) 

First of all, i always wandered 2 things:

1. Why do sith officers use shoulder-belt (cause blaster is not heavy at all, and there is no shealth for a sword on the belt). Well, actually i understand why (cause it looks like more militaristic and offensive) 😶

2. What soldiers (not sith officers) looks like without armored-uniform

The first one is easy) As it is not needed it can be removed, but when i remoced it, i realized that, well, uniform became too pale. 😃

So, second point game me idea to make uniform more detailed:

As you can see on screenshots i made 3 types of uniforms

1. Soldiers (grey uniform, grey cape)
2. Low Ranking Officers (black-grey uniform, black-grey cape)
3. High Raning Officers (black or dark-brown uniform, black cape). The last one is a attempt to use Saul's pattern of uniform 

So, here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

1.png

Spoiler

2.png

Spoiler

3.png

Spoiler

000.png

Spoiler

001.png

Spoiler

002.png

Spoiler

003.png

Spoiler

004.png

Spoiler

005.png

Spoiler

006.png

Spoiler

007.png

Spoiler

008.png

Spoiler

009.png

Spoiler

010.png

Making separate textures for males and females was pain in the ass)

It's interesting what you guys think about retexture like this.   

And i was wondering. Well, i can make unique npcs to wear this uniforms, but is there a way to make common sith officers to use different uniforms ? (as i understand correctly one npc = one texture for body, right ?)

Edited by heyorange
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, heyorange said:

Hello everyone.

Hello! :cheers:

Making separate textures for males and females was pain in the ass

And it paid well in the end! They're great and looked well-executed.

It's interesting what you guys think about retexture like this.

The concept looks interesting and fits my preferences. I'd love to have them installed and see the improvements directly!

...is there a way to make common sith officers to use different uniforms ?

You can have up to 8 different body textures, by utilizing g_a_clothesxx UTI for each specific commoner which're referenced on appearance.2da. And for their new head you'll need to add 2 new entries to heads.2da, because as far as I know there's only 1 Sith officer head model that wear cap, I think? But to adequately answer your question; yes, there definitely is a way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ebmar said:

You can have up to 8 different body textures, by utilizing g_a_clothesxx

You can have as many as you want by creating additional UTIs with new texture variations. But if you need to edit every single UTC to edit their inventory anyway, you might as well just use straight added appearance.2da rows for each rank/tier and point to custom named models with custom textures.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

You can have as many as you want by creating additional UTIs with new texture variations.

Exactly! What I was pointing is to use the UTI for game-files' basic clothing/g_a_clothes01~09 which can allow us to have 8 different body textures presently.

...you might as well just use straight added appearance.2da rows for each rank/tier and point to custom named models with custom textures.

I might as well recommend this, even so you'll need extra tools to work with the custom model and having extra models to accommodate different body textures. Though presumably this is the better choice because you'd have to add custom heads eventually, and they need new appearance.2da entries to have their functioned.

Edited by ebmar

1 minute ago, ebmar said:

What I was pointing is to use the UTI for game-files' basic clothing/g_a_clothesxx which can allow us to have 8 different body textures presently.

It should be noted this approach would still require custom named textures, specified in appearance.2da, so as to not override the vanilla clothes textures.

• Like 1

Nice to see you back! And the links at the beginning of this topic dont' work anymore. Could you update them? 

This looks amazing. As mentioned by DP, you've got your work cut out for you incorporating those textures into the game, which I look forward to seeing! If you do release it fully, would you still mind allowing use of it as a modder's resource?

On 4/11/2019 at 5:22 AM, jc2 said:

This looks amazing. As mentioned by DP, you've got your work cut out for you incorporating those textures into the game, which I look forward to seeing! If you do release it fully, would you still mind allowing use of it as a modder's resource?

Of course i will. Just don't forget to mention me as author

On 4/9/2019 at 3:13 AM, JasonRyder said:

Nice to see you back! And the links at the beginning of this topic dont' work anymore. Could you update them? 

Tnanks) Well , old imageshack gone done, so i can make new screens if you want. In any case, after release of JC's Fashion Line I: Cloaked Jedi Robes for K1 i'm eager to make my mod with it. But i can upload Kainzorus Prime's Robe Model Reskin as modder's resource

On 4/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, DarthParametric said:

You can have as many as you want by creating additional UTIs with new texture variations. But if you need to edit every single UTC to edit their inventory anyway, you might as well just use straight added appearance.2da rows for each rank/tier and point to custom named models with custom textures.

Thanks. That's what i'm going to do) But i want to avoid editing  appearance.2da for it to be more compatible with other mods

On 4/8/2019 at 7:51 PM, ebmar said:

Hello! :cheers:

And it paid well in the end! They're great and looked well-executed.

The concept looks interesting and fits my preferences. I'd love to have them installed and see the improvements directly!

You can have up to 8 different body textures, by utilizing g_a_clothesxx UTI for each specific commoner which're referenced on appearance.2da. And for their new head you'll need to add 2 new entries to heads.2da, because as far as I know there's only 1 Sith officer head model that wear cap, I think? But to adequately answer your question; yes, there definitely is a way.

I see now. But, for example, there is only 3 officer .utc files on Taris Sith base (g_sithcomm003.utc, n_sithcomf001.utc, n_sithcomf002.utc). I originally thought that there is something like "sithofficer001.utc" which, if you change it, will affect all sithofficers in the game. I'm glad that the game is made that way, that there is different npc utc's for different moduls. Although, i'm limited in one module anyway, but it's enough to implement my idea)

• Like 1