heyorange90

[WIP] Kainzorus Prime's Robe Model Reskin Project and More

Hello again!

Well, the best solution is without any doubt option 2 but if you are uncomfortable learning how to use the TSLPatcher (my own knowledge of it is very limited) I think you could go for option 1. Option 3 is a no no... 😄

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mutilator57 said:

Been watching your work from afar and I have to say, your latest update looks really cool!

Same here, I also admire your work here! Really goes to show that you don't need to make the next big total conversion 4K HD texture mod in order for your mod to be good.

Speaking about the hats. Actually they're pain in the ass) Because they're a part of the head model, so I have several options here:

1. I can change Sith_Male_Albino model (the one which uses the head model with the head) to another one, without the hat.

2. I can create new heads in the appearance.2da which will be just recoloured  Sith_Male_Albino and  Sith_female_Albino head models

3. I can make masks which will be just  Sith_Male_Albino and  Sith_female_Albino head models with recoloured hat textures. And I can try to add them in the npcs inventory. But I guess it won't work. Because these head models aren't designed for that.

The easiest one to do is the first option. The second option is kinda tricky for me and it will definitely affect compatibility of this mod (This is my first mod so I'm not used to using TSLpatcher). And the third option may not work.

And what do you think, guys?

Here's what I think of your options:

1. I can change Sith_Male_Albino model (the one which uses the head model with the head) to another one, without the hat.

As you are giving the Sith Uniforms a distinctive "rank" per uniform, I'm certain you're going to modify the utc files for every Sith 'Albino' NPC to change the NPC uniform via the "Clothing Variant" items, and it appears you'll be changing many of their names to match their corresponding rank such as "Sith Major" (as I've noticed in one of your screenshots).

So if you are going to modify the utc files, why not change the appearance of said NPC to a Sith Officer variant with a generic head instead of the albino hat heads. I'd say you should keep the albino hat head as a grey hat and keep the grey albino hat head for whatever rank the grey Sith Uniform is, for any Sith Officer who has a different colour of uniform, simply use a generic head without a hat.

I would advise this option!

2. I can create new heads in the appearance.2da which will be just recoloured  Sith_Male_Albino and  Sith_female_Albino head models

It is possible, but would require a TSLPatcher for compatibility and a mod of this scale would be tricky to make a workable TSLPatcher which a new modder could make.

3. I can make masks which will be just  Sith_Male_Albino and  Sith_female_Albino head models with recoloured hat textures. And I can try to add them in the npcs inventory. But I guess it won't work. Because these head models aren't designed for that.

As Salk said, don't even bother with this option.

• Like 2

Thanks Guys!

9 hours ago, Salk said:

I think you could go for option 1

8 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I would advise this option!

It's decided then. I'll do the first option.

8 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Same here, I also admire your work here! Really goes to show that you don't need to make the next big total conversion 4K HD texture mod in order for your mod to be good.

It's very cool feeling when I see that someone likes what I'm trying to do.) In my case it's the first real mod I'm doing. I have several other ideas, but I want to finish this one before starting something new. 

Thanks again for your support and comments! 

----------------------

Option 1 for Korriban is Done

Spoiler

Sith Patrol in the academy

Spoiler

Another Sith Patrol

2.jpg

Spoiler

Sith Guards are now Twi'Lek

4.jpg

Spoiler

Sith Ensign without a cap

5.jpg

Small update here!

After the creation of the archaeologist uniform I decided that tech girls on Taris deserve their own uniform.

So I made Private and Corporal uniform for techs aka Sith Engineer Regiment (The difference with ordinary uniform is only in the insignia)

Spoiler

Senior Technician in the new uniform

Senior-Technician-NEW.jpg

Spoiler

Ordinary Technician in the new uniform

Senior-Technician-NEW2.jpg

Plus I created 2 new uniforms - Captain and Lieutenant Korriban Sith regiment uniforms

Though, for some reason I encountered only 2 captains during battle through sith academy (maybe it's random)

Spoiler

Sith-Captain.jpg

• Thanks 1

So, it's time for the new update)

This time I made the new uniform for the admiral Saul. Never liked his vanilla uniform (it looked different from other sith officers uniform. I understand that he was in the republic navy, but even then he has too much of the red colour) 

Made his uniform more formal and more parade-like. Plus I used elements and colours from the other sith uniform that I made before. Moreover, I gave him a white belt, recoloured the hole uniform in black with red stripes and added a pocket with the security keys to his chest. And I replaced his strange insignia under the shoulders with the starforge one.

Spoiler

Uniform.jpg

Spoiler

Uniform2.jpg

Spoiler

Uniform3.jpg

Spoiler

Uniform4.jpg

The only issue is - what to do with the cap. Right now I'm thinking about two options, either I'll add the sith starforge insignia to the  front of the cap or I'll add it to the side of the cap. 

To add it on the front of the cap seems more logical because the uniform already has an insignia on both shoulders. But I feel like it looks less Star Wars .

On the other hand, on the side it looks more stylish but less practical. What do you guys think ?

Spoiler

V1.jpg

Spoiler

V2.jpg

• Light Side Points 1

Hello Guys!

I decided to make some ajustments to sith caps after my manipulations with Admiral Saul, plus I changed the Saul's cap to look more like a sith cap. Basically I just added the starforge insignia to them.

So, here's the result:

Spoiler

Male sith cap

image.jpg

Spoiler

Female sith cap

2.jpg

Spoiler

The Admiral's cap

3.jpg

Plus here's Major Hurka from K1R in proper Major uniform

Spoiler

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Small Update Here!

Found at least one problem. In the cutscene at the Leviathan bridge after the espace from Taris n_sithcomf001.utc and n_sithcomf002.utc should have friendly_1 property. But instead, because I used these npcs from the Taris Base, now all n_sithcomf001.utc and n_sithcomf002.utc have hostile_1  property. As a result other sith officers kills them right in the cutscene.

So, I decided that I need to make a thorough playthrough to check such things. I won't use this 2 npc files and I hope there will be no such problems in the other cutscenes.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

While I'm still in the process of  testing the sith uniform mod, I made retexture (collar fix) for JC's Fashion Line I - Cloaked Jedi Robes for K1 by JCarter426

Original robe texture of the ported model

Spoiler

1.png.39fa8a588eac5ad78b96945ab2d65250.p

My retexture

Spoiler

01-1.png

Spoiler

01-2.png

Spoiler

02-1.png

Spoiler

02-2.png

Spoiler

03-1.png

Spoiler

03-2.png

Spoiler

04-1.png

Spoiler

04-2.png

PS Here're some more bright screenshots if for some reason contrast of your monitor doesn't let you see the details:

Spoiler

8.png

Spoiler

7.png

Spoiler

6.png

Spoiler

5.png

Spoiler

4.png

Spoiler

3.png

Spoiler

2.png

Spoiler

1.png

• Like 3

Hello everyone! At last I finished light and dark side test playthrough with my Sith Uniform Reformation mod! Plus checked that it works with K1R.

I added new uniforms for Korriban sith students and fixed the Czerka officers on Korriban. However, I decided to add it as a option because there are already mods like "Back in black" that change the sith students' appearances and fix Czerka officers. In any case, the new sith students look is below:

Spoiler

236999295_SithStudentsUniform.png.2f30cc

The mod is out on DeadlyStream now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Salk said:

Excellent work there, my friend!

I hearby appoint you as official Sith Uniform tailor. 😉

Thank you, he-he)

Sounds great! 😄

• Like 1

Small Update on collar fix mod. 

I checked JC's Cloaked Jedi Robes for K1 Mod Resource and the Mod itself, both now have version 1.4. I edited my collar fix a bit for the colour scheme of it to look a bit better for each three variations (100% Brown, Brown-Red-Blue, Brown-Red-Blue Alternative). I'm thinking about adding a .psd file with the collar itself to the mod so that anyone can use it.

I hope I will be able to release it today.

Update: It's out 😄

Concerning the mod ideas. I've been thinking about making variations of the Onderon uniforms in the Kotor 2 game. The idea is:

1. To add diversity to the Onderon military (add elements like insignias and rank bars to officers and soldiers)
2. Add something to distinguish royalist forces and General Vaklu soldiers (for example white band on a hand or something) during Battle of Onderon
3. Add something unique to the Uniform of General Vaklu and Colonel Tobin (maybe a medal, or some ribbons)

To check if this project is possible I took N_OndSoldM1.tga texture, repainted and added to the game as N_OndSoldM2.tga but when I'm trying to equip g_a_clothes02 on my character with the appearance of Onderon_Soldier_Mal_01 the texture doesn't change. I believe it means that there can be only one texture for Onderon Soldiers =/ At least without editing appearance.2da

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

As I expected the problem was that in the appearance.2da file Onderon soldiers and officers had no value for the clothing texture (texb field).

As a result, I edited appearance.2da for them:

• For soldiers, labels: Onderon_Soldier_Mal_01 - Onderon_Soldier_Mal_06 and Onderon_Soldier_Mal_Masked - texture N_OndSoldM 
  • For officers, labels: Onderon_Officer_Mal_01 - Onderon_Officer_Mal_05 - texture N_OndOffM
  • For Colonel Tobin, label: Unique_Colonel_Tobin - texture N_OndOffM2
  • For General Vaklu,  label: Unique_General_Vaklu- texture N_OndOffM3

Regarding Onderon Military project I played a bit with a soldier texture to make a proper "armoured" variation

- Added Onderon insignia from the cap texture to the chest (so that every soldier will get one 😃 )
- Added black armor with white plate to the front and back side of the uniform. I decided to add a shoulder pad for it.
- Added long awaited (for me al least) belt with with a buckle

Spoiler

01.png

Spoiler

all.png

- Added a fix for the texture part where neck connects to the body (the original texture had very simple one)

Original

Spoiler

original.png

Fixed

Spoiler

dd.png

- Added regiment stripe. For the reference I used the Onderon insignia from the flag

Spoiler

Flag-Onderon-Standing-1-1.jpg

I thought about soldier rank system and decided to do it like this (to stay as vanilla as possible):

Spoiler

Soldier-ranks.png

The next step will be to modify non-armoured soldier uniform and then I will move to the officer uniforms

• Like 1

I hope you guys saw the new episode of the Book of Boba Fett and are as hyped as I am! 

Ahem, anyways, back to the topic.
I've decided to make uniforms of the Onderon officers and soldiers of the same colour. As a result, all the soldiers will have blue uniforms instead of the red, however, I didn't touch other red/pink elements like piping or rank bar. After changing the "armoured" variation I did the "ordinary" one. I've added the same elements that I did to the armored one, the only difference is the belt, absence of the armor and regiment stripe on the uniform itself. And lastly, I've added code-bar to the chest. As a result it looks like this:

Armored Uniform:

Spoiler

01.png

Ordinary Uniform:

Spoiler

What do you guys think? Does it look better then the original one?

8 hours ago, Zhaboka said:

I think I'm team Ordinary - looks more royal. They look nice!

Hi! Thanks) Well, actually I was thinking adding both armored and non-armored soldiers. But I agree that without armor they look fancy)

At any rate, I finished editing textures for the officers and the final result for Onderon Military looks like this:

Armored Soldiers

Spoiler

Un01.png

Ordinary Soldiers

Spoiler

Un02.png

Officers

Spoiler

Un03.png

Onderon Military Uniforms Сheat Sheet

Soldiers

Spoiler

Un04.png

Officers

Spoiler

Un05.png

• Like 2

A little bit of news regarding the Onderon Military Mod.

I've decided to do it in parallel with Sith Uniform Reformation for K2 (at least only 2 playthroughs will be required to test both mods out when I will finish them) and I'm doing both mods for Kotor 2 + tslrcm186 + M478ep version of the game.

I made several new "protective coloured" uniforms for Onderon scouts on Dxun (though I'm planning to make them optional for the mod) and started to test Dxun for these uniforms:

Colonel Tobin And Random Captain

Spoiler

K2-00000.png

Angry Tobin

Spoiler

K2-00003.png

Captain is leaving

Spoiler

K2-00005.png

Dead Onderon scout with some blood on the back

Spoiler

K2-00006.png

Onderon scout up-close

Spoiler

K2-00007.png

Female Onderon scout up-close

Spoiler

K2-00008.png

Scouts from the distance

Spoiler

K2-00009.png

Scout Patrol

Spoiler

K2-00010.png

Bao-Dur is making a speed-run)

Spoiler

K2-00012.png

Update:
- Fixed the model and texture of the Lieutenant scout (know he uses the texture with lieutenant insignias)
- Added Onderon combat suit (the one i did for the female scouts) as droppable item from the Lieutenant scout

Spoiler

K2-00000.png

Spoiler

K2-00001.png

Hello everyone!
After getting a great tip from Effix I was able to continue my work on the Onderon Military mod.
So, here are some screens from Iziz

Port master

Spoiler

K2-00009.png

Spoiler

K2-00008.png

Ordinary soldier in the port

Spoiler

K2-00010.png

The Checkpoint

Spoiler

K2-00012.png

Some Vaklu soldiers

Spoiler

K2-00013.png

Interrigator up close

Spoiler

K2-00015.png

Checkpoint with Captain Gelesi

Spoiler

K2-00016.png

Captain Riiken

Spoiler

K2-00018.png

Gegorran's babysitter

Spoiler

K2-00019.png

Instead of generic soldier near the crowd - a lieutenenat

Spoiler

K2-00020.png

Spoiler

K2-00021.png

Bridge checkpoint with Captain Bostuco

Spoiler

K2-00022.png

Update:

- checked that General Vaklu has apropriate uniform

Spoiler

K2-00003.png

Spoiler

K2-00004.png

- edited the Lieutenant near the crowd to have Soldier body instead of the officer one, to have the same as in the vanilla version

Spoiler

K2-00005.png

- Tweaked soldiers near the Bridge to have a Lieutenant as a replacement guy (in case the player blows up Batsuco he takes his place) and edited other soldiers to have armor as well

Spoiler

K2-00008.png

Now I'm thinking about Tobin's face (texture of his face looks to generic for a Unique Character), maybe I should add some scars for him. Also I have some thoughts about the General Vaklu Uniform, maybe I should make the top of the uniform also white (Though, in this case it will get some Thrawn vibes, I guess)

• Like 4

Hello, i really like your mods so far and I am thinking in making a playthrough with the Sith Uniforms one.

However, I find the white trousers for the Onderon officers to be a bit visually disruptive with the rest of their uniform. This is just a suggestion, of course, but I think they would look nicer with a darker tone (closer to gray) or the same black of the scarf, to maintain the color pairing. The rest of the uniforms are excellent.

• Like 1