heyorange90

[WIP] Kainzorus Prime's Robe Model Reskin Project and More

Hello everyone. 

I reading forum for 4 years already, and haven't logginged once until today, though i'm reading posts everu day and downloadings mods 

The reason i'm back, because my hands are itching to make some new textures for the game.

I have several thoughts for modding one one them is making variety of sith republic and sith soldiers. I don't  know will be there eventually a mod, but at least i can show you what is already done. In any case, if i will became too lazy,  i will upload it as a modder's resource) 

First of all, i always wandered 2 things:

1. Why do sith officers use shoulder-belt (cause blaster is not heavy at all, and there is no shealth for a sword on the belt). Well, actually i understand why (cause it looks like more militaristic and offensive) 😶

2. What soldiers (not sith officers) looks like without armored-uniform

The first one is easy) As it is not needed it can be removed, but when i remoced it, i realized that, well, uniform became too pale. 😃

So, second point game me idea to make uniform more detailed:

As you can see on screenshots i made 3 types of uniforms

1. Soldiers (grey uniform, grey cape)
2. Low Ranking Officers (black-grey uniform, black-grey cape)
3. High Raning Officers (black or dark-brown uniform, black cape). The last one is a attempt to use Saul's pattern of uniform 

So, here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

1.png

Spoiler

2.png

Spoiler

3.png

Spoiler

000.png

Spoiler

001.png

Spoiler

002.png

Spoiler

003.png

Spoiler

004.png

Spoiler

005.png

Spoiler

006.png

Spoiler

007.png

Spoiler

008.png

Spoiler

009.png

Spoiler

010.png

Making separate textures for males and females was pain in the ass)

It's interesting what you guys think about retexture like this.   

And i was wondering. Well, i can make unique npcs to wear this uniforms, but is there a way to make common sith officers to use different uniforms ? (as i understand correctly one npc = one texture for body, right ?)

Edited by heyorange
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, heyorange said:

Hello everyone.

Hello! :cheers:

Making separate textures for males and females was pain in the ass

And it paid well in the end! They're great and looked well-executed.

It's interesting what you guys think about retexture like this.

The concept looks interesting and fits my preferences. I'd love to have them installed and see the improvements directly!

...is there a way to make common sith officers to use different uniforms ?

You can have up to 8 different body textures, by utilizing g_a_clothesxx UTI for each specific commoner which're referenced on appearance.2da. And for their new head you'll need to add 2 new entries to heads.2da, because as far as I know there's only 1 Sith officer head model that wear cap, I think? But to adequately answer your question; yes, there definitely is a way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ebmar said:

You can have up to 8 different body textures, by utilizing g_a_clothesxx

You can have as many as you want by creating additional UTIs with new texture variations. But if you need to edit every single UTC to edit their inventory anyway, you might as well just use straight added appearance.2da rows for each rank/tier and point to custom named models with custom textures.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

You can have as many as you want by creating additional UTIs with new texture variations.

Exactly! What I was pointing is to use the UTI for game-files' basic clothing/g_a_clothes01~09 which can allow us to have 8 different body textures presently.

...you might as well just use straight added appearance.2da rows for each rank/tier and point to custom named models with custom textures.

I might as well recommend this, even so you'll need extra tools to work with the custom model and having extra models to accommodate different body textures. Though presumably this is the better choice because you'd have to add custom heads eventually, and they need new appearance.2da entries to have their functioned.

Edited by ebmar

1 minute ago, ebmar said:

What I was pointing is to use the UTI for game-files' basic clothing/g_a_clothesxx which can allow us to have 8 different body textures presently.

It should be noted this approach would still require custom named textures, specified in appearance.2da, so as to not override the vanilla clothes textures.

• Like 1

Nice to see you back! And the links at the beginning of this topic dont' work anymore. Could you update them? 

This looks amazing. As mentioned by DP, you've got your work cut out for you incorporating those textures into the game, which I look forward to seeing! If you do release it fully, would you still mind allowing use of it as a modder's resource?

On 4/11/2019 at 5:22 AM, jc2 said:

This looks amazing. As mentioned by DP, you've got your work cut out for you incorporating those textures into the game, which I look forward to seeing! If you do release it fully, would you still mind allowing use of it as a modder's resource?

Of course i will. Just don't forget to mention me as author

On 4/9/2019 at 3:13 AM, JasonRyder said:

Nice to see you back! And the links at the beginning of this topic dont' work anymore. Could you update them? 

Tnanks) Well , old imageshack gone done, so i can make new screens if you want. In any case, after release of JC's Fashion Line I: Cloaked Jedi Robes for K1 i'm eager to make my mod with it. But i can upload Kainzorus Prime's Robe Model Reskin as modder's resource

On 4/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, DarthParametric said:

You can have as many as you want by creating additional UTIs with new texture variations. But if you need to edit every single UTC to edit their inventory anyway, you might as well just use straight added appearance.2da rows for each rank/tier and point to custom named models with custom textures.

Thanks. That's what i'm going to do) But i want to avoid editing  appearance.2da for it to be more compatible with other mods

On 4/8/2019 at 7:51 PM, ebmar said:

Hello! :cheers:

And it paid well in the end! They're great and looked well-executed.

The concept looks interesting and fits my preferences. I'd love to have them installed and see the improvements directly!

You can have up to 8 different body textures, by utilizing g_a_clothesxx UTI for each specific commoner which're referenced on appearance.2da. And for their new head you'll need to add 2 new entries to heads.2da, because as far as I know there's only 1 Sith officer head model that wear cap, I think? But to adequately answer your question; yes, there definitely is a way.

I see now. But, for example, there is only 3 officer .utc files on Taris Sith base (g_sithcomm003.utc, n_sithcomf001.utc, n_sithcomf002.utc). I originally thought that there is something like "sithofficer001.utc" which, if you change it, will affect all sithofficers in the game. I'm glad that the game is made that way, that there is different npc utc's for different moduls. Although, i'm limited in one module anyway, but it's enough to implement my idea)

• Like 2

Hello there!

Guys, I'm sorry for no updates during these 2 years. A lot of things happened but now I can say that I'm back on track)

So.  As ebmar suggested I made g_a_clothesXX files and added them to certain npcs

I tried to change this way the outfit of the first officer on Taris (g_sithtrooper002.utc). But as I understand G in the filename means Global and this file is used both for this npc and for sith soldiers in the battle suit (at least the same npc is used on the Endar Spire,  4 sith soldiers in the last room before the escape pod with Carth ). As a result, if i change the battle suit to my g_a_clothesXX for this npc it will break the game (these 4 soldiers will change their appearance and become frozen. They can't be killed and script that let's you open the door afterwards won't fire). This was the original blocker and one of the reasons why I stopped working on this mod.

image.png.2939712305b7f2462b6d80e70a5f3470.png

The other reason was that on Manaan before the Sith base (manm26XX modules) the only npc that changed appearance was man26_sitharg.utc (sith who is arguing with republic soldier in the first hall after the docking platform where the Ebon Hawk landed) Others didn't want to change though I added g_a_clothesXX to their inventory and textures were for the same models as these npc used.

image.png.c96bd681f89b23ff78ff3a9ac005076a.png

For some reason it didn't work. Even for unique NPCs like Viglo, Duan and Vek. First two are drunk siths in the bar and  the last one is the Twi'lek in the sith uniform. (The other thing is that I use K1RP mod. There's a little chance that maybe this is the reason but as far as I know this mod doesn't modify these npcs)

But evetually I found out that in the modules where players is fighting with sith it IS WORKING. I mean, it works like a charm.

So I've changed sith npx on the Taris sith base and on Manaan sith base

tar09_recepti001.utc (the poor Twi'lek girl on the reception. I gave her sith battle suit whick was made by redrob41  https://deadlystream.com/files/file/726-modders-resource-specialized-combat-suits-for-kotor-and-tsl/ ) - actually i don't know if I can add this to my mod but this is a work-around because I didn't want to edit appearance.2da and I didn't want to change model for this NPC. And in the end I like the result better than the original idea (You know, she isn't a consripted soldier, she just works there)

g_sithcomm003.utc (sith Captain. Though its a global file this one worked). I checked only Taris and Manaan, if this file will break something like g_sithtrooper002.utc I will sadly delete it. But for now everything works just fine.

n_sithcomf002.utc (I've changed several techs to Sergeants. They looked to similar)

tar09_shieldtech.utc (this tech is now female with rank of Sergeant-Major)

tar09_sith092.utc (common sith trooper in the battle suit. Changed it to soldier in the Trooper rank without armor. The idea is that no one is waiting for the ambush so some soldiers are without battle suits)

Ow. And one more thing. I added slightly more HP, medpacks and shields for these npcs (except Senior Technician) because without their original armor they're weaker so this way I balanced it a bit.

Moreover, I left other techs in the original uniform and aside from tar09_sith092.utc there're other sith soldiers in the battle suit. So this doesn't ruining the original look of the npcs at the base. Just gives it variety.

Spoiler

Twi'lek desk girl

Twi-lek-desk-girl.jpg

Spoiler

2 soldiers without uniform and Sergeant-Major

2-soldiers-without-uniform-and-Sergeant-

Spoiler

Senior Technician

Senior-Technician.jpg

Spoiler

Sith Captain

Sith-Captain.jpg

Edited by heyorange
  • Like 2

Hi guys!

Small update here. 

This time it's Manaan sith base.

Here we have

Arguing sith soldier in the first hall of Manaan (the only sith man26 modules I could edit). Now he's Sergeant.

Spoiler

Manaan-Arguing-soldiers.jpg

Security officer lady at the desk (man27_sithlieu.utc). Now she's Ensign

Spoiler

Manaan-Security-Officer.jpg

Commander of the base (man27_sithdip.utc). Now he's in the proper uniform

Spoiler

Manaan-Commander.jpg

Spoiler

Manaan-Commander2.jpg

And some random captain (man27_sithcap.utc) was promoted to Major

Spoiler

Manaan-Sith-Major.jpg

That's all for now. 

For other sith soldiers on Manaan the only thing I can consider is to replace the standart uniform texture. This way they all definitely will change. But there're diplomats, recruiters and common soldiers. So a uniform with a rank bar isn't a good idea. Maybe I should make the parade uniform or something.

If you guys have any ideas or suggestions please leave your comments. 

Edited by heyorange
  • Like 2

Many nice reskins for uniforms there.

One of the few that don't look so good chromatically is the Sith Ensign, in my opinion. But that's just minor nitpicking... Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Salk said:

Many nice reskins for uniforms there.

One of the few that don't look so good chromatically is the Sith Ensign, in my opinion. But that's just minor nitpicking... Keep up the good work!

Thanks)

Can you please describe in detail what you don't like in the Ensign uniform colouring ? The fact that only top is black or something else ?

Here's a close-up look of the uniform

Spoiler

Ensign-closeup.jpg

Edited by heyorange
  • Like 2

Hello, heyorange!

I think the uniform itself looks very good. I just thought that the light grey pants don't look wonderful with the upper part of the uniform. I realize that this applies also to the Sith Captain uniform but oddly, he does look better in the screenshot. So it's probably just a wrong impression on my side which you can disregard.

But if you want a suggestion: in your last screenshot there is a darker grey color used in the Ensign's upper uniform over the shoulder. I believe that that kind of grey would look much better for the pants. Perhaps you could consider testing this alternative and possibly show a comparison screenshot? If that is not asking too much, of course...

Cheers!  

• Like 1

SalkThanks for the comment!

Well, originally I decided not to change pants colour so that the cap will still match (because the game has the single  "Albino" model with cap one for male and one for female)

In case with Commander he doesn't have the cap at all)

But anyways, I can try and make recolouring with grey pants and show you the comparison screenshot 😃

As promised, here's the result. What do you think ?

Funny thing is if you see this uniform in the bright room these grey pants look like pantyhose))

Spoiler

Manaan-Security-Officer3.jpg

Edited by heyorange
  • Like 2

Aaaand here is the update.

At last I understood what was wrong and why I couldn't change npc clothes in the man26XX modules.

It's because race parameter of the npcs in these modules was empty.

So now it works perfectly

Spoiler

Colto tank room

Manaan-Kolto-room2.jpg

Spoiler

Second sith guy in the same room

Manaan-Kolto-room1.jpg

Spoiler

Viglo in the bar

Manaan-Bar-Viglo.jpg

Spoiler

Drunk Duan

Manaan-Bar-Duan.jpg

Spoiler

Sith Recruiter

Manaan-Bar-Recruiter.jpg

Spoiler

The Court

Manaan-Court.jpg

Spoiler

East central sith ladies

Manaan-East-central-sith-ladies.jpg

Spoiler

Same place sith couple

Manaan-East-central-sith-couple.jpg

Spoiler

For some reason Vek is already in the new uniform though I didn't change him

Manaan-East-central-Vek.jpg

Spoiler

East central shop

Manaan-East-central-Shop

Spoiler

Sith base entrance

Manaan-Sith-base-entrance.jpg

Edited by heyorange
  • Like 2

Very nice!

Another small chromatic nitpicking on my part. In the screenshot "East Central sith ladies" and "Same place sith couple": there is a small white patch on the shoulder of the grey upper uniform of two of the ladies and the Sith man in the second screenshot. I think that white is making too much contrast and doesn't fit with the chromatic harmony of the uniform. The same patch (I think) is visible in the screenshot "The Court" for another Sith Uniform but in that case, the color blends it very well.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 8:42 AM, Salk said:

Very nice!

Another small chromatic nitpicking on my part. In the screenshot "East Central sith ladies" and "Same place sith couple": there is a small white patch on the shoulder of the grey upper uniform of two of the ladies and the Sith man in the second screenshot. I think that white is making too much contrast and doesn't fit with the chromatic harmony of the uniform. The same patch (I think) is visible in the screenshot "The Court" for another Sith Uniform but in that case, the color blends it very well.

Thanks)

You mean the colour of the patch should be less bright ? Or you're speaking about another colour for the patch ?

• Like 1

Well, I tried to use the wrist colour and here's the result. What do you think ?

In my opinion it looks like they have holes in the shoulder pads) Plus white patch matches the rank bar.

Spoiler

test.jpg

• Like 2

Hi guys!

Small update here.

I made several new textures.

1. Korriban sith Sergeant, Sergeant-Major, Ensign with white harness (aka sith patrol squads of Korriban regiment)

2. Korriban sith Ensign without harness (for Adrenas)

3. Archaeologist uniform (brown uniform with shovel insignia instead of starforge insignia)

I hope you'll like it!

Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

Sith patrol Guard at the student quarters

Korriban-Sith-Guard-at-the-academy.jpg

Spoiler

Sith patrol Guard at the academy hall

Korriban-Sith-Guard-at-the-academy3.jpg

Spoiler

Dreshdea door guard

Korriban-Sith-Guard-at-the-academy2.jpg

Spoiler

Sith Valley entrance guard

Korriban-Sith-Guard-at-the-academy4.jpg

Spoiler

Adrenas in the new uniform

Korriban-Adrenas2.jpg

Spoiler

Guards in the Valley of the Sith

Korriban-Sith-Guard-at-the-ruins.jpg

Spoiler

Ensign in the patrol

Korriban-Sith-Ensign-at-the-ruins.jpg

Spoiler

Archaeologist uniform

Korriban-Archaeologist2.jpg

Spoiler

Female archaeologist at work

Korriban-Archaeologist1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, heyorange said:

Hi guys!

Small update here.

I made several new textures.

1. Korriban sith Sergeant, Sergeant-Major, Ensign with white harness (aka sith patrol squads of Korriban regiment)

2. Korriban sith Ensign without harness (for Adrenas)

3. Archaeologist uniform (brown uniform with shovel insignia instead of starforge insignia)

I hope you'll like it!

Here are some screenshots:

Been watching your work from afar and I have to say, your latest update looks really cool!

Personal preference here, but I think the guards to the Valley have too many colours going on (the one's with the hats). I'd maybe change the colour of their hats to match their paints.

• Like 1

Hello again!

21 hours ago, heyorange said:

Well, I tried to use the wrist colour and here's the result. What do you think ?

I like it better and I would definitely use this one rather than the white patch. But I understand why you say it looks like there are holes in the patch. But if you used a different color (possibly black or a much darker grey) rather than just the same color of the uniform, I think that would solve the issue.

And about the latest update, I like a lot the new archeologist's uniform. I like the rest too but the grey beret doesn't look good, in my opinion, with the brown uniform.

Keep up the good work! :cheers:

• Like 1

Guys! Thanks for your replies!

1 hour ago, Salk said:

I like it better and I would definitely use this one rather than the white patch

I'll try to make separate textures with the black starforge insignia if I'm not too lazy. But you can always modify uniform textures the way you want. Just note me as the original author of the mod if you're going to upload it. 😄

8 hours ago, Mutilator57 said:

Personal preference here, but I think the guards to the Valley have too many colours going on (the one's with the hats). I'd maybe change the colour of their hats to match their paints.

44 minutes ago, Salk said:

And about the latest update, I like a lot the new archeologist's uniform. I like the rest too but the grey beret doesn't look good, in my opinion, with the brown uniform.

Speaking about the hats. Actually they're pain in the ass) Because they're a part of the head model, so I have several options here:

1. I can change Sith_Male_Albino model (the one which uses the head model with the head) to another one, without the hat.

2. I can create new heads in the appearance.2da which will be just recoloured  Sith_Male_Albino and  Sith_female_Albino head models

3. I can make masks which will be just  Sith_Male_Albino and  Sith_female_Albino head models with recoloured hat textures. And I can try to add them in the npcs inventory. But I guess it won't work. Because these head models aren't designed for that.

The easiest one to do is the first option. The second option is kinda tricky for me and it will definitely affect compatibility of this mod (This is my first mod so I'm not used to using TSLpatcher). And the third option may not work.

And what do you think, guys?