heyorange90

[WIP] Kainzorus Prime's Robe Model Reskin Project and More

Hi guys! Some time ago i started to make different textures for each robe for the k1.When i made 3/4 of it Kainzorus Prime and Darth DeadMan mod came out and Wow! I understood i should start from scretch)

So let me explain what i am doing

There are 16 (!) robes in the game (aside from Revan robes). And they have only 4 textures:

01. Jedi Robe (Brown)

02 Dark Jedi Robe (Black)

03 Jedi Robe (Red)

04 Jedi Robe (Blue)

05 Dark Jedi Robe (Black)

06 Qel-Drome robe (Brown)

07 Jedi Knight Robe (Brown)

08 Dark Jedi Knight Robe (Black)

09 Jedi Knight Robe (Red)

10 Jedi Knight Robe (Blue)

11 Dark Jedi Knight Robe (Black)

12 Jedi Master (Brown)

13 Dark Jedi Master (Black)

14 Jedi Master (Red)

15Jedi Master (Blue)

16 Dark Jedi Master (Black)

So You see. 16 robes, but in fact when i was playing the game the first time i thought there are only 4 because of the textures) And now i realized i should make individual reskin and name for each robe:

01. Jedi Robe

02. Sith Apprentice Robe

03. Yellow Jedi Robe

04. Brown Jedi Robe

05. Sith Marauder Robe

06. Qel-Droma Robe

07. Jedi Knight robe

08. Sith Assassin Robe

09. Norris Robe

10. Matukai Apprentice Robe

11. Sith Warrior Robe

12. Jedi Master Robe

13. Sith Inquisitor Robe

14. Ossus Keeper Robe

15. Matukai Adept Robe

16. Sith Berserker Robe

Of course each robe has it's custom icon!

In the Jedi Anclave:

Belaya is using Jedi Knight Robe

Dorak, Vrook, Jhar are using Jedi Master Robe

Juhani is using Brown Jedi robe

Nemo is using Yellow Jedi Robe

Other Jedis are wearing Jedi Robe, Brown Jedi robe and Yellow Jedi Robe (i just replaced the textures in the Kainzorus Prime mod here)

At the moment i am trying to replace robes for korriban sith students

So if Kainzorus Prime will give me his permission and some of You guys want it, i wiil upload it here when i'm done)

Robes 09, 10, 13, 14, 16 are using original mod textures (i only made them a little brighter), others are retextured by me

So here are the screenshots:

01. Jedi Robe

a4ck.png

02. Sith Apprentice Robe

d91x.png

03. Yellow Jedi Robe

rqac.png

04. Brown Jedi Robe

n2ip.png

05. Sith Marauder Robe

vov0.png

06 Qel-Drome robe (Brown)

tqb9.png

Here are the second grade robes:

07. Jedi Knight robe

puml.png

08. Sith Assassin Robe

eia8.png

09. Norris Robe

gm0x.png

10. Matukai Apprentice Robe

hpsj.png

11. Sith Warrior Robe

osok.png

Here are the third grade robes:

I made colour of the Jedi master robe close to the Movie-style Jedi Master robes for K2 by DeadMan

12. Jedi Master Robe

lvy4.png

13. Sith Inquisitor Robe

lz9w.png

14. Ossus Keeper Robe

pjya.png

15. Matukai Adept Robe

41z8.png

16. Sith Berserker Robe

ruoh.png

And of course i should playthrough the game a least once to understand where all this robes will pop-up (i don't remember all the places)

Very nice work, I do have one request though. Is there anyway I could convice you to do Anakin, Mace's and Obi-Wan's robes for tunics? 

I like these! Especially the Jedi Master Robes. I never understood why BioWare decided to have 16 different robes but only 4 textures for them. I'd like to one day see the robes from the Brotherhood of Shadow mod on these models.

Hohoho, some nice textures there! I love you can see the fabrics; though one issue, mind this is just my opinion. On the brown robes I think the contrast is just a bit to strong towards the belts it goes to black.

It's hard to believe you would get such hard shadows on clothes. Well only perhaps at night and in the desert :D

Allthough screenshots can be deceiving.

Quanon, Thank You for your opinion. I'll keep it in mind!

Small update

Renamed Sith Apprentice Robe into Sith Robe and made compatibility with robes korriban sith students mod by Shem

wubs.png

So, there were some problems with the original mod and Ыруь mod. By using this 2 mods together the new robe model has female characters, Now it's fixed, but if you gonna use this fix, you'll have to manually change 2 lines in the appearance.2da (because i don't know how to make self-installer). I will write detailed instruction how to do it when mod is released (it's very simple actually, but will require kotor tool to do it) This is because of appearance of Shaardan and Twi-lek sith thug. (so it's not critical if you won't do this, just not eye-candy)) )

I didn't change lashowe friends and one of the sith thugs because in the Shem's mod there are only few models with the robe (Sith in the uniform are used not only on korriban as sith's but as soldiers for example on manaan and other planets). So i tried to avoid clone effect) Well... maybe i will change sith teacher's into dark jedi (because at the moment they are 3 black women in 1! room). At least they will be in masks

And of course some screens...

Shaardan

a3c0.png

Yuthura

p5w0.png

Sith thugs

6y7p.png

Lashowe and friends

j5ug.png

Mekel

k9qu.png

@heyorange90: Wow, it looks very good so far! Im glad there are guys who give these robes the much needed facelift!!

Since im a newbie to modding im not in the position to give you special advise for your work - but theres one  of Xarwarz`tools i recently discovered that maybe is overlooked a bit:

Its called "Genetica 4.0"            http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/index.htm

and its absolutely amazing: with just a few clicks you can give your textures a whole new design from the scratch.

And the best part: You can actually animate textures!

Maybe this could provide your robes a little bit extra??

Anyway, im really lookin forward to your release..

• Like 1

I don't know if i'll use Genetica 4.0, but anyway thanks !

At the moment i'm checking the robe placement and making playthrough

Mod will consist 3 parts:

1) Only robe reskins (with vanilla drop)

2) Reskins for Jedi NPCs

3) Korriban sith students robe fix

4) Robe placement

The Korriban scenes look epic with your robes: its huge change for the good. Certainly love the red on the Yuthura and academy masters robes ( name escapes).

Looking forward to more updates on this :D

Genetica looks interesting, though never count on a program to do all the work for you. Recently I found FilterForge, a similar program to Genetica.

I tried it out, but didn't use it in the end. As these computer generated textures just don't mix up well with photos I often use to base my textures on. IMHO.

Though i havent used Filter Forge i can assure you, Genetica is amazing. I think its biggest strength lies in retexturing from the scratch, animating textures and really endless "customization."

Xarwarz used this program in his retextures - it easily shrugs off 3-4 years from  the old engine.

Im very much new to modding, but with this tool i remade some gui elements very easily from the scratch:

Vanilla head:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140422/8c8voen7.jpg

Modded:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140422/ffbficaf.jpg

Vanilla Party icon:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140422/4kjkbmi3.jpg

Modded Party:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140422/zyrb35cr.jpg

What i found very interesting is this advanced tutorial about making a scifi texture, things like this i would love to see in Kotor I+II...

http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/offsite_images/How%20to%20Make%20a%20Sci-Fi%20Texture.pdf

If Imperial officer outfit without insignia and pens was ported to Kotor 1 Admiral Saul could look like this (i rrecoloured Kainzorus Prime's ported model and colour rank insignia and pens with black)

2582dd.jpg

• Like 1

What is the status of this mod? This looks exactly like something I've been looking for for quite a while! I'm very new to modding, but I'd love to help work on it a bit if I could.

[Mod-Note: Please do not double- (or in this case, triple-) post. See the Site Rules, Rule 8, Section 6 and its supplementary thread.]

Good News, everyone. I'm back. I had little time for the mod, sorry for that.

My plans are:

1. Install kotor with K1R

2. Walkthrough + completing mod as the same time

As i remember, i had several thoughts what stats should robes have. I will make a stats table first.

The problem is, i want to make robes unique and not overpowered. But at the same time player should have time to wear each of time, otherwise if they will drop too soon they will confuse or they will stay in the inventory for eternity.

Edit 1:

Welll, there was an idea to combine robes requirements with Sense feat

Original Feats:

9tLssu.jpg

On which lvl Sense feat grants

V3Oyfk.jpg

Jedi Robes

zxloBJ.jpg

Sith Robes

T9QZrG.jpg

Neutral Robes

asD9Il.jpg

Edit 2:

It looks like Malaks Unique Apprentices 1.0 by Kexikus works very well with new robes

6gDOtZ.jpg

e4ipVV.jpg

There is some great stuff in this thread. I especially like the new Saul reskin, never had a taste for that mess of a texture that was his old uniform. Keep up the good work :)

That's pretty interesting, man. :D

So, what will the feats do for the robes, or am I reading this wrong?

Main idea was to make a restrictions to the robes according to their grades. But then i realized that there is big difference between player and other party npcs levels. So it won't work as i want =/

I hope you're going to give credit to HapSlash for those textures and models. They are Jedi Academy models.

• Like 1

This mod looks great. Could you possibly do new versions of the robes introduced in the Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge mod? Perhaps require that mod to be installed first if you can't get permission from Silveredge

I hope you're going to give credit to HapSlash for those textures and models. They are Jedi Academy models.

Definitely i will. Haps Obi and Anakin were my favorite models mods for Jedi Academy)

This mod looks great. Could you possibly do new versions of the robes introduced in the Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge mod? Perhaps require that mod to be installed first if you can't get permission from Silveredge

You mean without Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge mod itself ? Or you want me to make new textures for them, cause robe model is different ?

• Like 1

I guess sorta like reimagine the textures he did for those robes but on your newer/modified model.