File Submitted: 04 Apr 2014

File Category: Mods

K1R Compatible: Yes

Author:
Kainzorus Prime, Darth DeadMan

Mod Name:
KotOR Prequel Robes Replacement 1.1

Under NO circumstances is this, or any of my other,
mod(s) to be posted on ANY site other than by myself.

1. Info
===========
This mod replaces the default Jedi and Dark Jedi robes with the styles seen in Episode I-III. Includes new icons, texture for Qel-Droma robe, optional replacement for Jedi robes worn by NPCs, as well as optional replacement for Star Forge/Darth Revan’s robes.

2. Installation:
=========
Copy the files from the Main Mod folder into the Override. Overwrite all if prompted. Install optional components from specified folders into the Override as you want.

3. Credits:
===========
Special thanks to:

Holowan Laboratories - For all the great resources.

Varsity Puppet - Discovered the cause of model crashes on macs; fixed half the models.

Fair Strides - Fixed the other half of the models; relayed information between Kainzorus and Varsity Puppet.

4. DISCLAIMER:
===============
This Mod is not supported by LucasArts, Bioware or Obsidian.
Please do not contact them for support of this mod.

Copyright:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, characters, items, etc. are trademarks
and copyrights owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, characters, items, etc. are
trademarks and copyrights owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.

Bioware and the Odyssey Engine are trademarks of Bioware Corp. Obsidian are trademarks of Obsidian Entertainment. All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.

Click here to download this file

I have a quastion. Is this mod compatible with robes korriban sith students ? And if not how hard is it to make it compatible ?

Thank you for your answers. I will try this
Edit: Well, I tried Korriban Sith students mod and... it works only with female Sith characters. The male Sith characters are wearing original robe model.

Really enjoy this mod a lot and have always wanted it. With that said, I think the animations need a tweak because It looks like they disconnect from the shins at different points in the walk cycle.

Yeah, TSL version also have a strangeness to the walking with this new model (the female version at least, in my case).

Some people had such problem with my Anakin head, but the textures were in override. Looks like for the unknown reasons the game can't handle the non-square textures on some PC configurations. I suppose it have something to do with the graphic card and/or it's drivers.

Are you sure it is because the texture is non-square, and not simply that the width and height of texture is not a multiplier of two? My computer has no problem with textures like, say, 512 x 1024 px, but it can't understand something like 612 x 612 or such.

//Edit. "squeare", what on Earth is that? I meant square.

The textures in my Anakin head are 768x512, and most people (including me) have no problems. But someone (I don't remember who, it was a long time ago) had similar problem with it. When I resized textures to 512x512 for him - everything worked just fine. So, I suppose it could be similar problem here - textures are 1024x1536 (IIRC). And they do work fine for most users.

That's it - 768 and 1536 are not multipliers of two (or perhaps I messed my vocabulary again). I bet 1024 x 2048 would work just fine. But, of course 1024 x 1024 might be smarter, as the filesize would be smaller.

Sizes like 768 (512+256) and 1536 (1024+512) are usually work fine. Problems with them are really rare. This one is the 2nd I've seen.

On the other hand, textures like 612x612 will not work at all - for me, they crash the game.

612 x 612 was just an example. I can't remember the actual size of TSLRCM:s logo. Anyway, I don't doubt that they usually work - I was talking only about those computers that can't handle the original size of the textures. (It might have something to do with the "outdated hardware" issue - most of the people here most likely have newer computers.)

The Qel Droma robe graphic doesnt appear. It uses the Jedi Master graphic instead when I equip it. I have all the files installed and there are no conflicts with other mods as far as I can tell.

Yeah I actually figured out what was happening. I have a mod installed that changes the stats on the Jedi robes and gives them to you early on in the game. However when I looted the Qel Droma robes off the body on Korriban the proper graphic showed up along with the original stats for the robe. I'm guessing the UI from the other mod is messing up whatever tells the computer to use whatever graphic for that certain robe. Its odd because it doesnt affect any of the other robes but at least I found out whats going on. Also just so you know Bastila's mother on Tatooine is wearing the Qel Droma robe graphic. Or its wearing her lol. I thing the computer stuck her mother's head on the male version of the robe because her head looks small on her body. Thanks for taking time out to help me. As an aside I wanted you thank you and Darth DeadMan for this and the other robe mods. I dont have to tell you how crappy the default robe models look. Darth DeadMan's original movie style robe mod was awesome and they only keep getting better. Thank you for revitalizing a game I play more than a little bit lol. Thanks again. Take care.

Would love it if you could fix some of the seams in the model and perhaps scale it down slightly, they look just a tad oversized on the character models for K1.