Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

"This door has been sealed due to a security breach and will not open."

Boom. Problem solved.

Short, sweet, and to the point. I like it.

Not so much a bug as it is content that is not yet restored, but:

The Ithorian base on Telos has more rooms past the door in Chodo Habat's room (IIRC this room was used by the old Ithorian Cantina mod). Likewise, the Telos Medical Center has more rooms past the uninteractable door, and there's a door in the Exchange base (near the caged Ithorian) with a room beyond it as well.

Since you opened the uninteractable rooms in Nar Shaddaa (the cantina and the "hidden complex"), maybe unlock the ones on Telos too?

A bunch of Kreia's dialog is also unvoiced for me, but I think that one is probably a mod conflict and not a TSLRCM issue...just mentioning it to be safe.

A bunch of Kreia's dialog is also unvoiced for me, but I think that one is probably a mod conflict and not a TSLRCM issue...just mentioning it to be safe.

I read that Aspyr deleted 111 .wav files from the game when they patched it. Hassat Hunter was kind enough to provide a solution for it on steam. If you have the disk version or the GOG version you can copy + paste the missing .wav files to StreamVoice\GBL\Kreia.

I read that Aspyr deleted 111 .wav files from the game when they patched it. Hassat Hunter was kind enough to provide a solution for it on steam. If you have the disk version or the GOG version you can copy + paste the missing .wav files to StreamVoice\GBL\Kreia.

Wait, the deleted files were only for Kreia? Wonder how that happened.

Wait, the deleted files were only for Kreia? Wonder how that happened.

It's Aspyr we're talking about. The company known for less than stellar ports of Force Unleashed 1 and 2, and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, among others.

Basically, you wouldn't trust them with porting Tetris, but money talks and they're the cheapest ones around, I guess.

• Like 1

It's Aspyr we're talking about. The company known for less than stellar ports of Force Unleashed 1 and 2, and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, among others.

Basically, you wouldn't trust them with porting Tetris, but money talks and they're the cheapest ones around, I guess.

I was actually going to make a jab at them for this, but I haven't played to many of their ports, so I didn't know I have had a rep for doing this.

But even so, I'm still really curious as to why it only happened for Kreia and why it was so damn many files.

Hello. I read about the huge patch for Kotor2 on the Guardian in the UK.

I really enjoyed the game in it's 4-CD "Vanilla" format and was intrigued with the thought of new content.  However, I can get out of the area with the damn Kolto tank after awakening on Peragus station.  Sorry about the spelling errors.

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

Waking up at Peragus station after the prologue.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.8.3b and 1.1b respectively)

Just installed the TSLRCM 1.8.4 patch with no other mods.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4-CD retail version - North American region.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

Yes, used the update option on the splash screen for the game launcher.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Fresh install.  I haven't played the game for years.

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

No other mods have been installed.

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

Character is standing in the area of the Kolto tank on Peragus station but is hemmed in by some sort of force-field that keeps in the immediate vicinity of the Kolto tank.

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

Nope.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes.

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

Nope.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows7 32-bit

12) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen?

Yes.

Two things I've noticed - the HK-50s don't have "lipsynch" eye flashes during the random encounters with the party, at least if HK-47 is in it.

Secondly, when the player asks Jorran about the thief in the enclave sublevel, this particular line isn't lipsynched either. Neither is the "It's complicated, they've thrown grenades at people" line about smart laigreks.

Also, if the reactivated protocol droids come by during the conversation, it breaks as Jorran turns hostile towards them.

Aaaaand there doesn't seem to be any sort of update if you remove all the mines for the mercenaries. The Khoonda: Traps quest seems to default to "you ran out of time" update that completes it after you finalize things with Zherron, since he doesn't have a specific dialgoue option to talk about mines.

Some reason there is a new force power shown now in the powers list every time I go to level up. Called "Finding the HK Factory", I found a similar post that someone made, but couldn't find any answer or fix to that, is this normal power, do I have to put a point in it, or is it merely a bug. Any advice on which mod could be causing this to show up like this, I've only used mods that said that were compatible with TSLRCM.

Link to other unanswered post: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/376-bugs-and-minor-inconveniences-with-tslrcm-17/page-27?do=findComment&comment=11008

Edited by exocron

Clearly your dialog.tlk is borked somehow. Do you have any other mod installed that alters it?

Nah, dialog.tlk is fine, found out it's the "UltimateSoundMod" that conflicts with TSLRCM, though it says it is compatible. 

The mod alters:

baseitems.2da

spells.2da

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/293-shems-ultimate-sound-mod-for-tsl-and-kotor/ , probably should change that "TSLRCM Compatible: Yes" message to "TSLRCM Compatible: No"

Nah, dialog.tlk is fine, found out it's the "UltimateSoundMod" that conflicts with TSLRCM, though it says it is compatible. 

The mod alters:

baseitems.2da

spells.2da

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/293-shems-ultimate-sound-mod-for-tsl-and-kotor/ , probably should change that "TSLRCM Compatible: Yes" message to "TSLRCM Compatible: No"

If I recall correctly, it isn't an issue with compatibility, it's actually a bug with the mod itself. So you'd probably get it even if you weren't using TSLRCM.

If I recall correctly, it isn't an issue with compatibility, it's actually a bug with the mod itself. So you'd probably get it even if you weren't using TSLRCM.

I restored those two files from the "UltimateSoundMod" and the problem was fixed, no more HK force power.

If you ask Hussef what's going on in the area after wiping out both the Serocco and the Exchange, he'll say that Secorro is gone but the Exchange is still putting pressure on the refugees.

EDIT:
Also, Fuel for Telos seems to have gotten stuck after I told Grenn about Vogga's offer. The questlog says I told Grenn about the offer, but KSE shows one more entry after that ("Telos has a new source of fuel") - is there something I'm missing, or will that trigger at the Battle of Telos? Since Vogga has no new dialog options.

Sorry if this bug is mentioned, but it is the only one i have found:
When facing Sion at Malachor V, another one spawns behind the exile and he is passive... unless you talk to him(i was smart enough to talk to him whilst fighting the 1st one and i had to face 2 sions.... yay)
Also did the difficulty of the game spike at the end? Havent played swkotor 2 in a while but it is alot harder than i remember. The mods i have is choose mira or han and remove force speed blurr effect.

It's an issue already fixed with the Steam version, since I can easily update that and for the other installers I need Zbyl, who is temporarily unavailable for that.

So you know the bit where the party enters Korriban academy, the cutscene with Sion starts and his theme kicks in? That's fine. Problem is, once the cutscene ends, his theme keeps playing over the gameplay and combat music. Same thing when he's confronted after unlocking the entrance to the academy again. If this could be fixed, I'd appreciate it. You could use the Harbinger scene as a point of reference, since it's the same deal, but the music ends along with the cutscene there.

Ok i have a question. Is there a way to redeem Hanharr, because i read on gamfaq that someone did it, but i cannot do it here, and always end up getting dark side points at the verry end.

It's actually surpressing background music for the proper duration, but activating combat overrules that (since combat isn't the ambient background music). There's no real way to fix that besides manually shutting off all music for a specific duration, however trying to restore it after a cutscene is already done is pretty prone to error, just making things worse.

Ok i have a question. Is there a way to redeem Hanharr, because i read on gamfaq that someone did it, but i cannot do it here, and always end up getting dark side points at the verry end.

First off, I'd be just a bit wary of trusting Gamefaqs, it is very prone to hoaxes. Second, you might be on the wrong topic for that question. And third, no, I'm almost certain that Hanharr can't be redeemed. It's one thing to try to redeem somebody like a Sith, it's another thing to try to redeem somebody who is literally insane.