Hassat Hunter

MOD:Coruscant - Jedi Temple Compatibility

Coruscant - Jedi Temple Compatibility

==== Coruscant - Jedi Temple compatibility patch by Hassat Hunter ====

These few files allow you to use the Coruscant - Jedi Temple mod combined with the Handmaiden 4 Females mod, and the M4-78EP mod!

==Install Instructions==

* M4-78EP: Install M4-78EP FIRST(!), then the Coruscant - Jedi Temple mod. Afterwards, drop the 3 files in the M4-78EP folder (a_galaxymap.ncs, tr_leave_ehawk.ncs and galaxymap_p.gui) in your override, overwriting the existing files.

* Handmaiden for females: Install both mods (in either order) then drop the file inside the Handmaiden4Females folder (k_sup_galaxymap.ncs) in your override, overwriting existing file.

* If you want to install the expansion, drop the changes.ini from inside here into tslpatcherdata of that mod before installing. This prevents the planet to be called "Finding The HK Factory"

==Version History==

1.0 release

1.1 Galaxymap_p.gui added. Modified changes.ini added for Expansion mod.

==Known Issues==

None known.

==Distributing This Mod==

This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author.

==Contact Info==

Find me at the deadlystream forums (http://www.deadlystream.com/forum).

==Thanks To==

* The TSLRCM Staff for making TSLRCM and getting me into modding for TSL. Although nothing has been done here but extracting ;).

* Obsidian for KOTOR2:TSL.

==Legal Stuff==

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, THE TSLRCM CREW OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS MOD.

• Like 1

I installed as instructed but when i got to the point where i should be able to travel to M4-78 the planet wouldn't show up on my galaxy map. I uninstalled Jedi Temple Mod and that allowed me to travel to M4-78. Did I have the wrong version of the Jedi Temple Mod or something?

I would like to ask just to make sure, this Mod is compatible with the new M4-78 patch you just put out? ( Looks awesome, so excited!)  

@ Whiddenite; Yes

@ Darth Weasel; You did talk to T3, right?

Yes I did. As soon as I uninstalled Jedi Temple Mod i could access M4-78. I Saved at the galaxy map then uninstalled JTM. I then loaded my save and accessed the map and there was M4-78.

Something interesting I just noticed on my playthrough. I installed this jedi temple mod before this compatibility came out ( so it may be the base version?) along with TSLRCM 1.83, and M4-78 EP. I then installed this compatibility mode just put up, and finished Korriban. Everything there went smoothly, on track to M4-78. However when I went to check on the galaxy map (after talking to T3 about it) the planet did not show up on the map. However, when I scrolled through the planets using my arrow keys, it came up as one of the planets. So apparently it was invisible on the map, but it is there if you use the arrow keys to scroll. I read on the original readme for the coruscant temple mod that it was not compatible with any mod that changed the galaxy map.. Maybe this is why M4-78 is invisible, but accessible?

I focused on files that were both in there and M4-78EP.

The following file wasn't, but checking it out it seems Coruscant got the same ID as M4-78 has. Which might cause the shown issues.

I changed the ID from M4's to an a new unused one...

Give it a try (overwriting the existing in override)

galaxymap_p.rar

• Like 2

Time to add that file to the download then.

Didn't quite expect an incompatibilty to be hidden in something M4-78EP doesn't even modify, but yeah, having 2 ID's double I can see where the problem lay.

Hello!
I have Steam version of TSL, RCM and M4-78EP, and manually installed Coruscant Jedi Temple updated with expansion and compatibility.
On the galaxy map the planet icon is missing, and in description - HK factory stuff. Though I can travel everywhere without problem. Also getting blank quest slots.
Can you advice the proper installation process and the order, so everything works perfectly? Thank you.

P.s. Resolved. Installed everything to RCM folder.

On 10/28/2016 at 3:09 PM, Darth_Delator said:

Hello!
I have Steam version of TSL, RCM and M4-78EP, and manually installed Coruscant Jedi Temple updated with expansion and compatibility.
On the galaxy map the planet icon is missing, and in description - HK factory stuff. Though I can travel everywhere without problem. Also getting blank quest slots.
Can you advice the proper installation process and the order, so everything works perfectly? Thank you.

P.s. Resolved. Installed everything to RCM folder.

I also have the Steam version of Kotor 2.  I installed TSLRCM and M4-78 through the workshop.  Can you explain what you mean by everything went in the RCM folder?  

Edited by WarKingDovid

On 11/8/2020 at 7:47 AM, WarKingDovid said:

I also have the Steam version of Kotor 2.  I installed TSLRCM and M4-78 through the workshop.  Can you explain what you mean by everything went in the RCM folder?  

If I recall correctly, during installation process of Coruscant mod you want to put the files in workshop folder containing RCM files, not in game folder, since former is prioritized it seems. 

On 11/16/2020 at 5:03 PM, Darth_Delator said:

If I recall correctly, during installation process of Coruscant mod you want to put the files in workshop folder containing RCM files, not in game folder, since former is prioritized it seems. 

Wait a minute, let me get this straight.  Are you saying that the compatibility fix does work with Steam version TSLRCM+M4-78EP from the workshop?  

4 hours ago, WarKingDovid said:

Wait a minute, let me get this straight.  Are you saying that the compatibility fix does work with Steam version TSLRCM+M4-78EP from the workshop?  

Not sure about RCM+m4-78 as a ONE subscription/installation (my original post pre-dates this release), but Coruscant worked for me in Steam version with RCM and M4-78 installed, if that's what you asking. And my manual Coruscant installation went to RCM folder in steamapps. Hope that helps.

Okay, so what you're saying is it did work with TSLRCM and M4-78 9 (separate installations) from the Steam workshop, with the Coruscant temple mod from Deadly Stream?  

Quick question about the install instructions for the compatibility patch. 

* If you want to install the expansion, drop the changes.ini from inside here into tslpatcherdata of that mod before installing. This prevents the planet to be called "Finding The HK Factory"

Do you know if when he says "expansion" and "that mod"  is he referring to the Coruscant Temple mod, specifically?  I ask because, I'm a little confused that in this thread there is mention of the base jedi temple mod and something about an expansion, not sure what that is.   

Yes, I believe it did work. Though I can't guarantee it was flawless and I made it through to the endgame, been a long time.

Good question. If RCM and M4-78 are pre-installed, then I'd say he means by "that mod" the Coruscant one. Patch it, then install it into TSLRCM directory and see how it goes.

Have you tried Steam installation of Coruscant? Because I haven't. Maybe there will be no issues that way.

Well, you see that's exactly why I originally called you out in the first place.  Because as can be seen from here, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1834752897&searchtext=  they apparently are having issues.  I believe the main problem why it isn't working for them, is the fact that according to the install instructions for the compatibility patch you have to replace the changes.ini file that comes with the Jedi Temple mod before you install it.  The Steam workshop simply doesn't provide the functionality to do that before it's automatically installed by subscribing.  

There are some people on Deadly Stream who claim that the steam version of M4-78 doesn't work with the temple mod even if you use the patch.  But you said you got it to work, so I trust you.  😊

But a powerful tool is *distrust* (Kreia disapproves) ;)

Right. In this case, manual installation of Coruscant is the most viable option.

Try putting it into RCM folder so nothing in M4-78 EP is overwritten and let me know how it went.

5 hours ago, Darth_Delator said:

But a powerful tool is *distrust* (Kreia disapproves) ;)

Right. In this case, manual installation of Coruscant is the most viable option.

Try putting it into RCM folder so nothing in M4-78 EP is overwritten and let me know how it went.

Okay, so I didn't realize this before, but apparently the Coruscant jedi temple mod, (I'm just gonna say CJT from here forward)  installs via the TSL Patcher.  Is this the path you direct it too?  Program File s(x86) > steam > steamapps > common > Knights of the Old Republic II   ?  

No, it must be "steamapps/workshop/content/208580/*numeric folder of TSLRCM*"

Edited by Darth_Delator
Wrong file path

4 hours ago, Darth_Delator said:

No, it must be "steamapps/workshop/content/208580/*numeric folder of TSLRCM*"

*numeric folder of TSLRCM* = 485537937