Quanon

Quanons many projects.

Sorry to say that, but it looks even more awfully than Bastila in early stage. If it's ever going to look good, it's not going to be finished before Christmas.

Man, how much time do you spend in work? You're, just like me, living in UTC +1, We've got almost midnight now!

Hahaha, no worries; it's early WIP, like I said, I'll tweak the colors. He's a bit pale; but that's due to the lighting in the portrait/ photo I'm using.

I've just been busy pasting together various parts of the face.

Had to work from 13:00 to 20:00 today, since it was close by my home. I got to start working on Carth at like 20:30 or something :P

Can't have a post without pic. Carth had suchi of the wrong kind; lol ^_^

Prev_Game.jpg

The thing to me that makes the Carth wip looks horrible is the distinctive eye color and the fact that his ears and neck is a different color from his actual face.

@redrob41 Wow  :o that looks superb. I love it!!

@Quanon I think the scruff could use some thickening/mascara haha. Anticipating the next update

Wow; nice, you should get those out, Certainly a lot of people would enjoy to use these in their game.

Is that fixed UVmap model avaible for fellow modders? ^_^

Yeah, I'll put them out this week. They're only the standard size (512x512) not Quanon size :lol:. I'll try and get you my psd file, so that you can at least have the individual parts broken out onto their own layers, to get you started. With the amount of work that you're putting in on these hi-res versions, maybe I can help by saving you some time.

Yeah, I'll put them out this week. They're only the standard size (512x512) not Quanon size :lol:. I'll try and get you my psd file, so that you can at least have the individual parts broken out onto their own layers, to get you started. With the amount of work that you're putting in on these hi-res versions, maybe I can help by saving you some time.

Wow, thanks a ton friend! Yeah, I'm not sure the 2048x2048 really is that helpful for the game. I think it's more like an ego thing :laughing:

@the others: No worries on the "horrible" look; it's why I said it is early Work In Progress ;)

So this is why I bring a next update, Carth has more healthy look now! The hair has been worked on as well. Eyes have been tweaked a little.

Still need to do the ears and back of the neck, just below the hair. Teeth and gums... tongue need work too.

But overall, I like the look I got. Carth doesn't look all too old and neither like a young pup. This guy had to go through some hard living in the war. So I think he can have some wrinkles here and there.

Lots of moody pondering of revenge on Saul :P

Carth_Mug_Shot02.jpg

• Like 1

i think the lips could use some more tweaking but wow that went from scary to great real quick!

Now that has a permanent place in my override folder.

Thanks, glad to hear you like it that much already :D

i think the lips could use some more tweaking but wow that went from scary to great real quick!

I learned from my work on Bastila; it was just a matter of adding a few extra layers to get back some color and contrast.

And I learned now, not to post a very early WIP shot, shouldn't be giving you people heart attacks   :laughing:

I've been trying to make a new vid, with me just talking to Carth. But somehow my vids turn out black. I've got all the sound but no pictures.

I tried a couple of times; but alas, Kotor just seems to refuse to work with me.

So I then had a go with TSL, which worked like a charm. Decided to dig up something old, but which I never had a proper chance to show my fellow modders.

A walk across my Nar Shaddaa street area. 

• Like 4

Throw on a mini-map, some placeables, and a couple dozen NPCs, and that baby looks vanilla-immersive.

Any plans now to finish up that module?

Yes; very much. But I first need to wrap up a dozen other projects :laughing:

Like always I got few things in the running; but these babies take time.

Besides I want to finish the models before asking extra hands to help and populate the areas.

You don't want to know the hours I spend on that Nar Shaddaa area already.

Looks really good indeed. And so does the Carth reskin :D

If I may ask: What Kreia reskin are you using in the video? It looks really good.

Thanks ^^

Ah, Kreia, it's an old reskin I did myself. Never released it though. As I thought I could do better.

Certainly not at the same level as my recent work.

Carth has taken a pause for now. I did some work on Zaalbar. I wanted to test a few things on how to do his fur.

I so far like the look, but I'll need to do his fur in a lot more smaller patches. Do different sizes of hair more... I've used larger parts now and it doesn't work good on his model.

Certainly the head looks weird :laughing:

He also needs more contrast. But I got basis now to work from. And try to get rid of that horrible mirror effect. That might be a real challenge.

Anyway, can't help myself an early preview of sorts. No fear, he'll look better in future updates ;)

Zalb_Prev.jpg

• Like 1

That actually looks pretty good (for early WIP :P).

As you said, you need different lengths of hair for different parts of his body. Also the hair color should not be the same everywhere and the same goes for the smoothness of the hair. You probably knew that stuff, but in the very unlikely case you didn't I figured I'd type it here^^

For the Kreia skin:

I might PM you about that skin at some point in a very very distant future ;)

Was the Nar Shaddaa module by any chance inspired by the Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast Nar Shaddaa levels? Or is it just me who feels like it was?

Nar Shaddaa looks fantastic Quanon! Those lightmaps are really paying off!

Yeah, it really, takes it to the next level. Very happy how they turned out.

I stopped working on this area, since I now have to decide on how to add more decor and props.

I would like to use custom made placeables. So that I don't need to  adjust the walkmeshes again.

But somehow, when I make a placeable, say, just a box. And add a walkmesh to it. So it blocks off the player. It also "Blocks" the whole walkmesh of that part of the area.

It's really strange... And I haven't dug further into the problem so far.

I feel like you made Zalbaar look like an 8-foot tall teddy bear, but keep trying and it should look alright.

Hahaha, yes, he even had a more chocolate brown color at the start, really super fluffy looking, but I adjusted it. But it can use some more tweaks :D

Was the Nar Shaddaa module by any chance inspired by the Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast Nar Shaddaa levels? Or is it just me who feels like it was?

Oh, yes. Dark Forces and Dark Forces II, where my first Star Wars games on PC ^_^

Nar Shaddaa has always taken my interest and I wanted that same feel and look back in the Kotor games.

Recently replayed the whole series, Outcast and the expansion included; yum yum!

I can live with how the Refugee sector looks like in TSL, but the name says it. It's the run down part, near the docks. Not the real social hub and place the residents of Nar Shaddaa live.

So I made a section that's considered the place to be if you like to have good fun time at night or day;.... euh, week? :laughing:

More Zaalbar tweaks: Mainly did work on his face. Added smaller hair patches around nose, cheeks and eyes. Adjusted the 'top' of his head to.

Started to add longer hair to his chest area. But this gets lost, due to the horrible mirror effect. I'll have to get in some straight hanging hair. Instead of this more flowy curved stuff.

Which is why the seam and mirror effect is so clear to see.

The color has been altered to. But  seeing it in Max and in-game I can push the contrast and effect a little more.

Max_Prev02.jpg

Max_Prev03.jpg

Max_Prev04.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that looks incredible! I'm guessing that Juhani outfit is your mod? Also, at 3:38 it looks a bit like the Korriban map in the mod Jedi Masters. It's a reskin of the Manaan surface right? Did you ever work with those guys, or is it just coincidental? 

Do you reckon you could do a Module Modder's Resource?

No- http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/351-juhani-catlike-head-mod/

Ahum, yes, that is part my mod. I made that one skin/ outfit and also the lightsabers included in that mod. Thank you ;)

My old WIP thread on Lucas Forums is gone now. But back in the day me and Redrob where sort of working on the same idea for Juhani.

And the logical thing was to work together and get a really good mod released. Plus, Jonathan also helped on the mod.

To answer your other question. I did release a Resource pack; but that was on LucasForums.

I might pack this up again, so more people can enjoy this stuff or finish it.

@JC: No Manaan stuff was used. It's all made by me :D

But like I mentioned above, back in the day, I did release a Resource pack, with these models included. It's possible a few people have picked this up and used it.

Which would be pretty cool ^_^

• Like 1