Quanon

Quanons many projects.

Sounds like you had a blast :lol:

I'd say to try replacing some of the gold with silver highlights (the same colour as the chain mail) so that it ties in with the mask. Then you could also add in some bronze details too. Or maybe tone down the gold, by desaturating it to a lighter gold alloy?

Whenever I'm trying to think of ornate clothing patterns, I have to Google "chasuble" for images. You can't get much more elaborate than religious vestments. Here's one you might find particularly appropriate as a colour sample

I think the gold looks fine myself. You could try changing it to silver if you want a bigger contrast. I assume those bits will be getting an envmap?

I love the gold/ red look, I'm a big fan of Khorne :P

And, yes, envmap is a must on things like these. 

Sounds like you had a blast :lol:

I'd say to try replacing some of the gold with silver highlights (the same colour as the chain mail) so that it ties in with the mask. Then you could also add in some bronze details too. Or maybe tone down the gold, by desaturating it to a lighter gold alloy?

Whenever I'm trying to think of ornate clothing patterns, I have to Google "chasuble" for images. You can't get much more elaborate than religious vestments. Here's one you might find particularly appropriate as a colour sample

Hahaha, yeah; had a serious hangover on Sunday... still tired on Monday :laughing:

But it was a blast indeed.

Thanks for the input, I'll finish up this garish Q version first. I'll then alter it a bit to fit with a more silver/ metal look. 

I did start working on Bastila, early beginnings so far; lots of tweaks needed:

Bit of a mess around her eyes, need to get back some contrast, skin details are not visible. Perhaps some extra grain... Her hair is something I'm testing...

Lips need a touch up too.  Got my work cut out for me :D

Prev01_h.jpg

Bast_Battle.jpg

I love the gold/ red look, I'm a big fan of Khorne :P

And, yes, envmap is a must on things like these. 

Hahaha, yeah; had a serious hangover on sunday... still tired on monday :laughing:

But it was a blast indeed.

Thanks for the input, I'll finish up this garish Q version first. I'll then alter it a bit to fit with a more silver/ metal look. 

I did start working on Bastila, early beginnings so far; lots of tweaks needed:

Bit of a mess around her eyes, need to get back some contrast, skin details are not visible. Perhaps some extra grain... Her hair is something I'm testing...

Lips need a touch up to.  Got my work cut out for me :D

Are you planning on giving Bastila a more "natural" look to her face? IMO, her face proportions have always seemed a little off and... robotic I guess?

Basically, whatever helps her match concept art a little more closely.

bc009e3114e1b8382f2a690263450b1d.jpg

Doesn't Bastila have blue eyes? Green don't serve her face well, and I think you should reduce her wrinkles, she's not forty.

And, for my tastes, a bit darker hair would be highly appreciated.

Are you planning on giving Bastila a more "natural" look to her face? IMO, her face proportions have always seemed a little off and... robotic I guess?

Basically, whatever helps her match concept art a little more closely.

bc009e3114e1b8382f2a690263450b1d.jpg

Yes, the idea is to get it close to the look I had for Canderous. I'm not going to alter the model... yet. :P

The her nose looks different though, on the model it's more like a button. I might look into it.

But I like to keep the re-skin mods simple.

Doesn't Bastila have blue eyes? Green don't serve her face well, and I think you should reduce her wrinkles, she's not forty.

And, for my tastes, a bit darker hair would be highly appreciated.

Lol; I was playing around with the colors of her hair and eyes. And wrinkles? Her face looks very flat right now :laughing:

I used a different method from the one I used on Canderous and it shows. I'm not content so far.

Which Dantooine reskin are you using Quanon?

Boy, Cache71 PM'ed me a mod package, including a game wide re-skin. To test it out and have a peek at. Every area has been changed. Lots of items... etc...

It's top quality, but I don't think it's up and released just yet. 

Then her nose looks different though, on the model it's more like a button. I might look into it.

But I like to keep the re-skin mods simple.

Lol; I was playing around with the colors of her hair and eyes. And wrinkles? Her face looks  very flat right now :laughing:

I used a different method from the one I used on Canderous and it shows. I'm not content so far.

Well, the original artwork for Bastila had her looking like this . . .

Bastila%20Concept%20Art_zps6bks7nui.jpg

Once Bastila's original design as Vima Sunrider was scrapped, her appearance was redesigned to better closely resemble Jennifer Hale - the character's voice actress.

Jennifer%20Hale_zpsoqubbkqv.jpg

(Jennifer Hale's eyes are bluish-grey.)

I've spend some more time on Bastila. The skin has been altered, not overly much. But just kept tweaking a few areas... contrast values etc... Endlessly :laughing:

Hair and eyes are back to how she really looks. I just need keep it up. Her lips are still the original color of the model I used as a basis. Also the ears need an update still.

Preview from 3ds Max

Prev01_Maxh.jpg

Prev02_Maxh.jpg

Prev03_Maxh.jpg

Ingame test:

Prev06_Maxh.jpg

• Like 1

Nice, but if you alter the model I would make the ponytail thicker.

I'll keep that in mind, I might cut of the whole hair and do something a bit different. But that is a big IF, right now.

I'll focus first on getting her "vanilla" look updated. There's a lot of testing and redoing when altering models.

It is a huge time drain.

So, I've been working at Bastila's clothes. Not finished yet and in 3Ds Max I seemed to have wrecked her flaps. :-s

And I also forgot to include them in my UV-map, which means the idiot I am, I didn't work on those yet...

I only noticed it all when I took a test run in the game :laughing:

Though another test run did reveal a small issue still on her head skin. So I need to fix/ tweak that again.

It does help to run around with a new skin on all the planets. Each has a different lighting setup and it is odd how that makes things pop-up or soften.

So things left to do: armor flaps, belt and the little pouches on her belt.

Then the underwear model... Does she has a third model? When you free her on Taris?

Body_Prev01.jpg

• Like 1

IIRC, her LS, slave, and DS underwear all have the same model uvw map, but there are multiple models because they all default to different textures. 

I'll have to check my head model files for her, because I know that I re-did the uvw map once upon a time, but I can't remember if it was K1 or TSL. Mostly, it was just slight tweaks to reduce stretching, and I fixed that line on the inside of her lips.

Edit: Never mind. I was remembering my aborted TSL hair mashup for an older Bastila in RoR. Although, fixing the lip uvw shouldn't take too long...

I know I may be in a minority but I actually like the outfit without the flaps. As always though, awesome work Quanon.

I like it too.

well, I updated the uvw map for Bastila's head model, but when I was testing it in-game, I noticed something weird near the corner of her mouth. It looked like the mesh didn't close properly where the pink skin meets the red lower lip on her right side. I only noticed it when she was talking, so I'm thinking that it might be a problem with bone weights. Before I do anything further with it, I just want to make sure that it isn't just me, or my in-game model. Does anyone else see it too?

Sorry, no screenshot, since I haven't been able to make them since I upgraded to Windows 10 :wallbash: . I use a Mac keyboard, and I used to be able to use the F14 key as a replacement for the print screen key, but now it doesn't work.

P_BastilaBB02

Ah, Thanks for that. I already have the underwear model, but I should double check on the skins used on that.

I know I may be in a minority but I actually like the outfit without the flaps. As always though, awesome work Quanon.

I like it too.

Héh, when I was testing it out again today, I noticed the flaps aren't really that nicely animated to go with her movement. They are rather stiff... 

But I'll finish this skin first and release it. I'm don't like getting bogged down again in to much crazy side projects... knowing  myself, I never finish stuff :laughing:

well, I updated the uvw map for Bastila's head model, but when I was testing it in-game, I noticed something weird near the corner of her mouth. It looked like the mesh didn't close properly where the pink skin meets the red lower lip on her right side. I only noticed it when she was talking, so I'm thinking that it might be a problem with bone weights. Before I do anything further with it, I just want to make sure that it isn't just me, or my in-game model. Does anyone else see it too?

Sorry, no screenshot, since I haven't been able to make them since I upgraded to Windows 10 :wallbash: . I use a Mac keyboard, and I used to be able to use the F14 key as a replacement for the print screen key, but now it doesn't work.

Really? I haven't noticed anything off so far when I do some talking with Bastila, but perhaps I focus to much on other stuff. I'm in to do some more tests anyways, I'll get back to you on that.

As I can't decide if her lips should have more of a purple tint or red tint?

If you do get her head a better fix, just PM me, perhaps we could do another team effort ala Juhani ^^

It's one of my favourite things to do with mods, giving the users a few nice choices.

Reminds me I do need to wrap up that Dark Jedi skin, see, got side tracked with Bastila... :sleep:

I've got a day off on Thursday, planning on getting some more work done then.

There are still a few things bugging me, like the painted shine on her boots, I'll have to repaint that myself.

So far I was able to use most of the old skin for colors and highlights. But the boots don't cut it for me.

Bast_01.jpg

Bast_02.jpg

Actually, she looks really nice, but I think the wrinkles still make her looking like she's forty. That's because the wrinkles on her face are too vertical, there's too much contrast of light between her chicks and the part of face inside the wrinkles, thus making her look plump and they end on the height of her lips' joint, making her look awfully old. I think the wrinkles should start being visible a bit lower under the nose and end above the mouth in a little bigger distance. Also, the difference of light between her chicks and what's between them should be less significant, because now with those place of head for mouth lighter than the end of the chicks, that's what between the chicks looks like it stands out.

Ah, yes, I think eyes should be a bit bigger and now she always looks down. This makes her even older.

Nice detail on the leather :)

So, for the boots, are you going to remove the painted highlights altogether and make it shine with an envmap?

Nice detail on the leather :D

So, for the boots, are you going to remove the painted highlights altogether and make it shine with an envmap?

Please do! PLEASE

• Like 1

P_BastilaBB02

IIRC, her LS, slave, and DS underwear all have the same model uvw map, but there are multiple models because they all default to different textures.

All of her underwear variants use the model P_BastilaBA. And all the clothing is P_BastilaBB. P_BastilaBB02 is her cutscene model (clothes); the only difference is that the flaps aren't flex meshes, but instead are weighted to additional bones. I don't believe the model is ever used in the game; rather, it's left over from when the Bink videos were animated.

Ok, so I'm looking at the model in max, and I can see now that there's just a crisp row of polygons under her lip, and they make a hard shadow in-game. I think I'll soften that out a bit, since it's only one pair of vertices that need to move. They kind of undercut the edge of her lip by being concave contours. At least its something that can be fixed with Taina's method alone.

I have to admit, that I don't like your Bastila face texture. Maybe it's my monitor or the screenshots but there seems to be almost no detail on the skin but just one flat color. Only her eyes and mouth stick out and don't seem to blend with the rest of the texture. But then again, what little detail there is makes her look way too old.

I have no idea how to fix this, but maybe my critique helps anyway :)

(The clothing looks amazing btw)

• Like 1