Sign in to follow this  
Maugomale

Question about the [PLAGIARIST'S] patch

I'm sure some of you know of the unnofficial patch that's casually named "1.0c".

I'm not here to ask about its compatibility with TSLRCM, as I'm well aware that it has small doses of restored content that would certainly cause conflicts. I am curious about the many graphical improvements that are included with it, though: improved textures, shaders, etc. These interest me greatly and I think they'd be a great addition to my Override folder. However, I'm also aware of this patch is mainly composed of mods stolen from other authors. The fact that I'm mentioning it here will probably anger some of the veteran modders that come by this topic.

Can anyone help me find where these modified textures/shaders come from? I'd rather download them from the original source then picking them out from this patch's files.

Here's a list of what I could find in the read-me that interested me:

* Added a battered look to the wall textures on Dxun to properly fit the game storyline and timeline

* Added missing shader effects on various ships in the game, including Harbinger, Sith Lander and Basilisk War Droid

* Added shader effects to HK series droids, Goto's droids, Czerka's protocol droid, T3-M4 droid, Remote droid, mandalorians and Vogga the Hutt

* Added shader effects to various wall and floor textures on Nar Shaddaa and Ravager

* Reduced shader effects on certain alien characters

* Replaced the background textures on Nar Shaddaa to properly fit the intro cinematic

* Replaced the banners in Mandalorian Ruins from rakatan to the proper mandalorian ones
* Replaced textures on Peragus, Dantooine, Korriban, Dxun, Telos, Malachor and Onderon on a high resolution and more detailed ones
* Replaced textures of the Ebon Hawk on a high resolution and more detailed ones; added shader effects where they were missing
* Replaced a texture of Nar Shaddaa visible from Goto's Yacht on a proper one

I realize this is probably too much to ask, seeing as I'm fairly new on the site and pinpointing the original mods out of thousands that are in KotORFiles.com can be quite the hassle, but if anyone's willing to help, I'd appreciate it.

Pretty sure there are a couple of Mandalorian banner mods on KotORFiles. I know 90SK included a replacement texture for them in one of his robe mods.

The skybox for Nar Shaddaa was probably knicked by Crypto from Sharen Thrawn's mod, also available at KotORFiles.  (There's a mod which updates the loadscreens to match available here).

I think my replacement of the Goto's Yacht window textures was included in one of the later versions of TSLRCM.

I don't know about the rest, but they sound like a collection of small, relatively simple fixes, once you know which texture's your going for.

Also, yeah... mentioning that name is not a great idea. It tends to have the unfortunate side-effect of summoning her.

Also, yeah... mentioning that name is not a great idea. It tends to have the unfortunate side-effect of summoning her.

Ewwww!

I better get the bleach hose ready.

• Like 1

I don't know about the rest, but they sound like a collection of small, relatively simple fixes, once you know which texture's your going for.

That's the thing: as far as modding goes, I don't know jack.

What's the usual file extension for textures and shaders? .tga? That would help me filter out the stuff I don't want.

I'm terribly sorry about that. I can remove her name from the first post, but I'd need a moderator to remove it from the topic title.

I'm terribly sorry about that. I can remove her name from the first post, but I'd need a moderator to remove it from the topic title.

Attended to. LOL

Attended to. LOL

I was expecting something subtler, like "Question about the unnofficial patch", but that works too.

Subtlety from me? Cue the laugh track!

As long as links to the original stolen mods are listed and no link to the plagiarist's mod are linked to, I'll keep this thread open. I approve of the original modder's getting their credit.

That's the thing: as far as modding goes, I don't know jack.

What's the usual file extension for textures and shaders? .tga? That would help me filter out the stuff I don't want.

Yes. Though I'm not necessarily suggesting you should do it; I'm just saying if you could compile a specific list, you might find someone willing to do at least part of it. :)

I'm pretty sure that many graphical improvements not available anywhere since some of them been made by her. Nobody can know for sure. So if you want to use them you will need to manually search each file.

It tends to have the unfortunate side-effect of summoning her.

:laser:

:laser:

I'm sorry, translation?

Her? Her who? We can't avoid someone we don't know the name of.

Who's been elevated to the status of Voldemort around here?

Someone who was permabanned quite quickly when they arrived on LF many years ago, and who created an 'unofficial patch' by plagiarising mods others made, and then went on a crazy rant when they, understandably, objected to this. Contemporaneous with and comparable to windu6 (except even odder, and around for far less time.)

Oh, no, years before that.

Nah, that one was simply boring and egotistical. The unnameable was crazy. Crazier than Mac.

... The fact that of the people in this thread, only Kainzorus and I were around at the point when that person appeared makes me feel old. Very, very old.

You talk about X[censored]ON? She stated on russian kotor forum (years ago) that once you finish restoration, she will make new patch =)))))))))))))