Fallen Guardian

Download:Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework

File Name: Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework

File Submitter: Fallen Guardian

File Submitted: 18 Feb 2014

File Category: Mods

Toasty Fresh recently released his Weapon Model Overhaul, which replaced nearly all the low poly weapons with pristine new models and textures. However, I liked the idea of the textures for the weapons matching the game's original icons more closely than they did (or, in some cases, weapons being more varied than they were) so I set about editing Toasty Fresh's textures to make them look more like the original game's icons. And, with Toasty Fresh's permission, I am now releasing my work.

ReadMe

(NOTE: In order for this mod to work properly you must download Toasty Fresh's Weapon Model Overhaul and install it first.)

Click here to download this file.

Congratlations on a new quality release, Fallen Guardian!

One question though: are this mod and Toasty Fresh's compatible with your own Gaffi Stick Improvement and Blaster Pistol Enhancement? (I am using manual installation and I see there is some overwriting involved)

Thanks!

Congratlations on a new quality release, Fallen Guardian!

One question though: are this mod and Toasty Fresh's compatible with your own Gaffi Stick Improvement and Blaster Pistol Enhancement? (I am using manual installation and I see there is some overwriting involved)

Thanks!

Thanks!

So long as Toasty Fresh's mod is installed first, everything else will install correctly.

Looks great!  I don't follow LF close enough to have seen Toasty's, but this variation seems like something I would have been more interested in.

Probably a dumb question:  Is there any way to leverage this mod to get some of these models in TSL?

Looks great!  I don't follow LF close enough to have seen Toasty's, but this variation seems like something I would have been more interested in.

Probably a dumb question:  Is there any way to leverage this mod to get some of these models in TSL?

You'd have to run the models through mdlops a couple of times in order to make them KotOR 2 compatible. To my knowledge though, Toasty Fresh is working on a KotOR 2 version.

So.... seems this must-have mod is unfortunately no longer possible. Wayback machine will not work for Lucasforum's download link, meaning that although we have a specialized kickass mod for HQ blasters, the swords and stuff are going to look terrible

So.... seems this must-have mod is unfortunately no longer possible. Wayback machine will not work for Lucasforum's download link, meaning that although we have a specialized kickass mod for HQ blasters, the swords and stuff are going to look terrible

You can get Toasty Fresh's mod on this thread:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/4647-anyone-know-where-to-get-toasty-freshs-mod/

• Like 2

No prob. I don't want to see good mods lost.

I'm glad I checked this thread out and finding Toasty Fresh's mod. I've been looking for a good reskin of swords.

Guest Sam Fisher

Don't mean to unnecessarily resurrect this thread from the depths, but if I wanted to use Toasty Fresh's stuff for TSL how would I go about that? Toasty's original mod, then this i gather, but I recall something about either MDL, MDX or TXI files from KOTOR 1 not behaving properly in KOTOR 2, but I can't remember which? 

19 hours ago, Sam Fisher said:

Don't mean to unnecessarily resurrect this thread from the depths, but if I wanted to use Toasty Fresh's stuff for TSL how would I go about that? Toasty's original mod, then this i gather, but I recall something about either MDL, MDX or TXI files from KOTOR 1 not behaving properly in KOTOR 2, but I can't remember which? 

I really would love to see the melee weapons being ported to TSL

2 hours ago, gthegenerous said:

I really would love to see the melee weapons being ported to TSL

Then make a request for it in the Mod Requests section, perhaps?  Because it's highly unlikely that Fallen Guardian is going to do anything about your request.