LDR

LDR's Works in Progress

Well, my thread on LF has become a bit of a mess, particularly the very first post, so I might as well get everyone up-to-speed here.

Alright, I've scrapped the Ajunta Pall recruitment, and the Korriban restoration. Instead, I will incorporate elements of both mods into Korriban Expansion. I've also scrapped the skin pack, which will be incorporated into LKIM 2.0. I've also gotten rid of the Balak V'stok recruitment, mainly because it would cause problems with TSLRCM and frankly I don't want to deal with the hassle. Nothing from it will be incorporated into any mod, except maybe Balak himself. Many of the features of the Republic Cruiser As Ship are being integrated into the Recruit Dak Drexl mod, so there isn't really a point to keep it going. And finally, I scrapped Reign of Revan. I did absolutely no progress on it, and looking back, the (very old) plotline I had for it was absolutely horrendous. Someone else could take the reigns for that mod.

Alright, here's my current projects.

1.) Prison Ship (K1)

2.) Yavin IV (K1)

3.) Korriban Expansion (K1)

4.) A Crashed Republic Cruiser On A Nameless World (K1) (DOWNLOAD!)

5.) LKIM 2.0 (K1)

6.) The Battle of Dxun (TSL)

7.) Secret Planet (TSL)

All of these mods (with the exception of one) are for the first KotOR.

Here's what I've been working on lately.

u0r4.png
7nmb.png

Prison Ship stuff.

fq5y.png

rabf.png

And some Yavin IV stuff.

bnzt.png

If you would like to look at some of the older screenies, you'll have to go onto the LF thread.

Stay tuned, I may have some more screenies later.

Yavin IV and the Crashed Republic Cruiser are both hugely exciting to me. And I've always loved the original LKIM, so a new one can't hurt. :P Keep up the awesome work!

So, I never knew your mod existed... :(

LKIM looks to be quite cool from your description, though, and it fixes a lot of inconsistencies such as the sith patrons low poly models in the cantina and the various costume choices which look much better now.

----------------------------------------------=----

Although I am also rather interested in your personalizing of the NPC names.

In that vein, I wonder if there's a way to clear up the inconsistency of either knowing an NPC's name which you have never met, or of showing a nonspecific name for an NPC which you have met.

(Perhaps there is a script that can run after the line of dialogue mentioning their name, which would change it thusly;... IE the name is "gate guard" until you talk with them, and once their name is mentioned in dialogue, it changes to "sheera" or what have you...) /rant

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=-

Incidentally, are you focusing on making your KOTOR1 changes compatible with the KOTOR1 Restoration mod (K1R), perchance?

So, I never knew your mod existed... :(

LKIM looks to be quite cool from your description, though, and it fixes a lot of inconsistencies such as the sith patrons low poly models in the cantina and the various costume choices which look much better now.

----------------------------------------------=----

Although I am also rather interested in your personalizing of the NPC names.

In that vein, I wonder if there's a way to clear up the inconsistency of either knowing an NPC's name which you have never met, or of showing a nonspecific name for an NPC which you have met.

(Perhaps there is a script that can run after the line of dialogue mentioning their name, which would change it thusly;... IE the name is "gate guard" until you talk with them, and once their name is mentioned in dialogue, it changes to "sheera" or what have you...) /rant

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=-

Incidentally, are you focusing on making your KOTOR1 changes compatible with the KOTOR1 Restoration mod (K1R), perchance?

There is a function to get the name of an object, but it's impossible to change it...

What you could do, if you were thorough, is add a script onto the end of the first dialogue to replace the person with a new .utc that has the name. However that'd require two .utcs, times however many people...

Ouch.. Well, it was an idea anyway..

Regardless.

I very much appreciate the attention to detail your mod provides, LDR. I'll be on the lookout for the next version for certain.

Alright folks. I've returned with some new screenies, this time for the Battle of Dxun. I'd like to give a massive thanks to Fair Strides, for doing essentially all of the scripting and cameras, and without him, they wouldn't have come out nearly half as good. So everyone give him some praise! I also have some screenies of tha Mandalorian Base on Yavin IV for those of you who haven't seen it here.

9j5.png

u8ta.png

4xh1.png

Kandosii. Oya Mando'ade!

This quote made me wonder . . . Will there be any authentic Mandalorian language represented in this mod?

This quote made me wonder . . . Will there be any authentic Mandalorian language represented in this mod?

I don't even know what Mandalore said!:)

Is there a site or dictionary or something for Mando'ade?...

I don't even know what Mandalore said! :D

Is there a site or dictionary or something for Mando'ade?...

Yoink! http://www.mandoa.org/

Also a copy of the script alphabet online for the written language on Wookiepedia.

Kandosii. Oya Mando'ade!

That is certainly an interesting idea! I don't think there would be enough words for some of the dialogue I'll be writing though. I could throw in a few jabs at it, most definitely.

Anyways, since it has been my birthday week, I've taken a bit of a break from modding to take a rest. And relax. But I've still been working on some small things. Such as this.

xg2n.png

One thing that really bugged me in KotOR was that some of the crystals shared the same icons. While I was digging in the game files, I came across four textures that were unused. There was also an unused Red crystal texture. So I put the original Red crystal texture for the Phond crystal, gave the Red crystal its unused texture, and then replaced the other crystals with the other unused textures. The only one that was made from scratch was the Firkrann texture.

I am really exited for your Dxun mod! I allways felt like something was missing from that place. Especially when meeting the Mandalorians. Dxun was supposed to be one of the major places to break the exiles spirit during the Mandalorian Wars, and that really didn't show well in the game. Maybe you could add some Mando Officer as a boss or something, that is crippled but survives and later on in the camp you have the chance to meet him again and talk to him, or maybe even end what you began.

This is something that had bothered me for a while in KOTOR and I was surprised it was never addressed. I'm sure for a lot of you as well. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. The latest installment in LKIM 2.0:

ItemList_zps715703c4.png

ArmorsMal_zps95420912.png

ArmorsFem_zpsecc4e76b.png

Next up are masks and weapons.

Special thanks to Mandalore for allowing me to integrate his Republic Mod Armor reskin into LKIM 2.0.

Hang on, is this included in the Lorddethreay Kotor Improvement Mod 2.0?

Special thanks to Mandalore for allowing me to integrate his Republic Mod Armor reskin into LKIM 2.0.

No problem - it's always good to know that someone both saw and liked your work (what you've done is great, by the way).

• Like 1

Some more LKIM 2.0 stuff.

ItemList2_zps0e8f9cc0.png

I fixed up the icons for a few of the belts and I made custom one for misc items. I also remade the infamous 'Done' and 'I need to make the party selection screen available' implants into actual implants, giving them stats based on their descriptions. Also thanks to Darth InSidious for letting me use his Teta's Royal Band.

And a secret planet I'm working on. If it wasn't for Fair Strides's amazing scripting this wouldn't be here right now.

galaxymap_zps9cd1d451.png

landing_zpsdb7873cd.png
  • Like 1

Some more LKIM 2.0 stuff.

ItemList2_zps0e8f9cc0.png

I fixed up the icons for a few of the belts and I made custom one for misc items. I also remade the infamous 'Done' and 'I need to make the party selection screen available' implants into actual implants, giving them stats based on their descriptions. Also thanks to Darth InSidious for letting me use his Teta's Royal Band.

And a secret planet I'm working on. If it wasn't for Fair Strides's amazing scripting this wouldn't be here right now.

galaxymap_zps9cd1d451.png

landing_zpsdb7873cd.png

I've consulted my maps, and I have a couple of ideas as to what planet that is.

The Roche Asteroids (the last Verpine colony) or the now-barren Taris. Am I on the right lines here?

I've been quite busy with all of my AP classes, I apologize for the delay.

pri1_zps857aac9c.png

pri2_zps31709582.png

Finally got this working. I'll probably tweak it a bit.
unksky_zps389ec061.png

Made a little error here. I thought it was funny.
lolwhat_zps2f307654.png
  • Like 1

SO glad to see the crashed Hammerhead is still happening for Lehon. Prison ship looks good!

• Like 1

Some more stuff for LKIM 2.0. I apologize, I've just been busy lately and the holidays didn't really help any.

endarspire1_zpsa2c10281.png

endarspire2_zps98ccb02a.png

endarspire3_zpsdfa94333.png

endarspire4_zps726f2197.png