LDR

LDR's Works in Progress

Haha you totally would want to let the PC yell at Trask. Haha, looks great! Some pseudo-restoration-type stuff, yeah?

College sucks.

But anyways, winter break is upon us and I have loads of free time again. I wanted to keep this to myself and keep my nose to the ground and challenge myself to see if I could sneakily finish a mod and quietly upload it in a couple of weeks. My narcissism got the better of me.

I'm still alive folks. And I will finish every one of my projects, whether it is 2 months from now or 20 years from now.

KotOR0001_zpsivvq9xma.png
  • Like 2

College sucks.

But anyways, winter break is upon us and I have loads of free time again. I wanted to keep this to myself and keep my nose to the ground and challenge myself to see if I could sneakily finish a mod and quietly upload it in a couple of weeks. My narcissism got the better of me.

I'm still alive folks. And I will finish every one of my projects, whether it is 2 months from now or 20 years from now.

I must say I didn't know the LKIM was still being developed on and I certainly didn't know LDR stood for Lord DeathRay. LKIM was my favorite mod back in the day, I hope you'd be able to finish the 2.0 version and release it here on Deadlystream. The screenshots look great except for the ones that are broken of course, I hope it's way better than the last version and I hope you don't get overpowered drops like being able to obtain the verpine zal alloy heavy armor on Taris.

• Like 2

I must say I didn't know the LKIM was still being developed on and I certainly didn't know LDR stood for Lord DeathRay. LKIM was my favorite mod back in the day, I hope you'd be able to finish the 2.0 version and release it here on Deadlystream. The screenshots look great except for the ones that are broken of course, I hope it's way better than the last version and I hope you don't get overpowered drops like being able to obtain the verpine zal alloy heavy armor on Taris.

For the record, I love being able to get the Verpine Zal on Taris, since it guarantees it'll actually show up in my game. Usually it's too rare to be randomly looted, but goddamn does it look good, so it's nice to have it for sure.

For the record, I love being able to get the Verpine Zal on Taris, since it guarantees it'll actually show up in my game. Usually it's too rare to be randomly looted, but goddamn does it look good, so it's nice to have it for sure.

I get what you mean but the Verpine Zal isn't random loot, in fact there isn't even a random loot system in K1 that's TSL. in the default game you can obtain Verpine Zal by completing the Mandalorian Sidequest for the black rakata on the unknown world (If your a light sider you can still do this sidequest). The reason I don't like such an overpowered item being on Taris THAT early is because I would at least want a chance to use the other armors because lets be real if you have Verpine Zal why would you ever want to use a Bonadan Alloy Heavy.

Plus it is also meant to be a super expensive and super protective armor so why would a random Exchange Thug wear it. I'm going to be honest in my K1 Improvement mod I put Verpine Zal on Davik as it is very logical as to why a rich crime lord would wear expensive protective armor.

I get what you mean but the Verpine Zal isn't random loot, in fact there isn't even a random loot system in K1 that's TSL. in the default game you can obtain Verpine Zal by completing the Mandalorian Sidequest for the black rakata on the unknown world (If your a light sider you can still do this sidequest). The reason I don't like such an overpowered item being on Taris THAT early is because I would at least want a chance to use the other armors because lets be real if you have Verpine Zal why would you ever want to use a Bonadan Alloy Heavy.

Plus it is also meant to be a super expensive and super protective armor so why would a random Exchange Thug wear it. I'm going to be honest in my K1 Improvement mod I put Verpine Zal on Davik as it is very logical as to why a rich crime lord would wear expensive protective armor.

I didn't know that! Interesting stuff. Yeah, makes sense!

I didn't know that! Interesting stuff. Yeah, makes sense!

It's all in the item description but I get what you want since there's more than a 50% chance of not getting it the first time you play but instead of putting it on a random exchange thug it should be in someone's merchant inventory since the description clearly states the only thing better than the protection is the price which probably wasn't a good idea to add that line since you can't sell or buy that armor in the default game.

College sucks.

If it means I must wait 20 years to play these mods, then so shall I wait 20 years.

• Like 1

Hey all. I'm still around. I'm still working on these, chipping away as I may be. Two of them are almost done. I'm excited to announce that soon one of these projects will be open to beta-testing. I just need to tidy it up a lot.

Being a full-time college student is exhausting. But I do have some progress. Many thanks to Thor 110 for his hard work with his getting modules to work with both games. Two Harbinger modules have been repurposed for the Crashed Republic Cruiser! This is a big deal because I was having trouble trying to fill in two modules in the ship, as I wasn't sure what modules I wanted to use that would've worked well. But this fixes it. Again, many thanks.

Spoiler

harbinger_to_k1.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Is this Crashed Republic Cruiser on Lehon? 'Cuz that would be AWESOME

Hey everyone! I have exciting news!

A Crashed Republic Cruiser On A Nameless World is now open for beta testing!

If you're interested, please send me a PM!

In addition, I'm also looking for 1-2 voice actors (psst @Zhaboka ) as well as someone who's strong in dialogue writing/editing to peruse my dialogues and help clean them up and make them sound better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LDR said:

... as well as someone who's strong in dialogue writing/editing to peruse my dialogues and help clean them up and make them sound better.

Might I suggest contacting Allronix? She most recently has been on the KotOR subreddit. 

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

It's out! Words do not describe how excited I am to have finally finished one of my projects. I realize I have been very haphazard working on these, but schoolwork has always come first for me. Still, I am so glad and I feel like I have a huge weight lifted on my shoulders. Rest assured, I am always working on these projects, just at my own, weird pace.

Thank you so much to everyone involved for making this a reality. Next up: Battle of Dxun!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1