Okay, I just completed Korriban and I wanted to give my feedback about this modification, hoping Fallen Guardian will find it useful.

I installed the extended version of the modification.

First of all, very good job... My compliments also to Paddy Garcia and Zhaboka who did well with the voice over. Technically I found it to be very well made although narrative wise, it did not feel like a great addition. My biggest problem though was with the quality of the dialogue... Overall, it felt a bit awkward and contrite, especially in its formatting, sometimes not faithful to the spirit of the game (example: there is a line when the Exile ask if Dustil needs "food or money"... food is not a factor in the game and the word "Money" is never used - they speak of "Credits"...). The biggest offenders were, in fact, the lines spoken by the Exile.

There is also a clear mismatch between VO and text. Once Dustil speaks thus: "Beating around the bush won't help either of us" while the text shows: "Please just tell me - what happened? What did I do?"

Said that, thanks for the hard work in creating this nice modification.

With a little more polish, it will make for a good addition to the game.

Salk, food not factoring into gameplay does not mean it doesn't exist. Plenty of NPCs talk about it, like refugees on Nar Shaddaa who complain of starving. As for saying "Money" rather than "Credits", I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the only instance in the game of that. Even if it is, the word "Money" is used in other places in Star Wars - including the movies. The text lines were presumably c/of Obsidian, anyway, not the modders.

This is an impressive job. I wouldn't personally run it because A. I like Dustil and all this scene does is abuse him and B. it feels like unnecessary nastiness that doesn't add to anything, but I can appreciate the work.

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman

Hi Maybe someone had a strange bug so, when i finished dark academy mission aka finding vash and also i got a m4-78 mod installed but lets focus about secret

711Kor thats the name of map when i found a hand within datapad i didint get any scene about Nebelish situation ,but when im going for the place wher dustil stands theres normal conversation with him, but he dont push me out from this area where he stood, and dialogue skips and he is killed and , on journal its said its about ending that he was killed in ebon hawk but be glitch he is killed on this map 711 kor i dont remember excatly that name area, but lets focus how to fix mod, and is thats fault of journal ?

actually never mind somehow i fixed it :D 😮

• Like 1

Anyone here that is still around, can you please explain what the difference is between Pure Restoration Installation and Added Content Installation?  Please?   

5 hours ago, WarKingDovid said:

Anyone here that is still around, can you please explain what the difference is between Pure Restoration Installation and Added Content Installation?  Please?   

"Pure Restoration" is the 'Dustil Restoration' which was left in the game files aka this version is almost exactly as the Obsidian devs intended. The "Added Content" version has some made up content created by Fallen Guarden to fill in some holes with Dustil's plot expanding his story in TSL and what not.

Hope this helps!

Hmmm......does that mean that "Pure Restoration"  is without Zhaboka's voice over lines that were added to it?  I was under the impression that Obsidian never hired a voice actor to record Dustil's lines....  

34 minutes ago, WarKingDovid said:

I was under the impression that Obsidian never hired a voice actor to record Dustil's lines....  

Reread original post.

Oh I get it.  So,  "Pure Restoration" only includes the dialogue that Obsidian intended for Dustil to say and "Added Content Installation" includes the stuff that Fallen Guardian decided to add to it?   

• Light Side Points 1

2 hours ago, WarKingDovid said:

Oh I get it.  So,  "Pure Restoration" only includes the dialogue that Obsidian intended for Dustil to say and "Added Content Installation" includes the stuff that Fallen Guardian decided to add to it?   

Yes.