Dustil Restoration

In KotOR 2, you would originally stumble upon the body of a Jedi named Nebelish while investigating the tomb of an ancient Sith Lord on Korriban. However, this "Nebelish" actually looked a lot like Dustil Onasi. Turns out, Obsidian originally planned to have Dustil in the tomb but they ended up cutting the content. Now when TSLRCM came along they never restored this because Jason Mardsen, Dustil's voice actor, never recorded any lines for the part. Now I thought it a shame that Dustil couldn't have been restored, so I set about restoring him. And, thanks to some voice overs done by Zhaboka, I have finished my task.

So essentially, this mod restores Dustil to KotOR II.

TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

Please go to the Nexus Mods link to see further screenshots.

ModDB Link: DOWNLOAD

Nexus Files: DOWNLOAD

Deadly Stream Link: DOWNLOAD

Awesome mod! I have a problem though. There's a bug after I defeat Kreia's vision. I can't go through the door after that. As it opens, it still appears closed and then says "locked" after I try again.

Is that part of the Dustil Quest? Or do I have a mod install issue?

Awesome mod! I have a problem though. There's a bug after I defeat Kreia's vision. I can't go through the door after that. As it opens, it still appears closed and then says "locked" after I try again.

Is that part of the Dustil Quest? Or do I have a mod install issue?

That bug happens if you install Dustil multiple times without uninstalling it before reinstalling it.

To quote the ReadMe:

"NOTE 3: Once this mod has been installed, do not install it again. If you want to install it again, make sure that it has been completely uninstalled before doing so. Installing it onto a game that already has Dustil installed will break certain parts of the mod and most likely break the game as well."

At this point it may be easier just to grab the utility armbands mod, cheat the open door armband in and use that to get past the door. But uninstalling, reinstalling and loading a save from before you entered the tomb is viable as well, I guess.

(I linked to my version of the utility armbands, which has an installer setup for KotOR 2. Here is Star Admiral's original version - all credit goes to him for all the work that went into the armbands.)

That bug happens if you install Dustil multiple times without uninstalling it before reinstalling it.

To quote the ReadMe:

"NOTE 3: Once this mod has been installed, do not install it again. If you want to install it again, make sure that it has been completely uninstalled before doing so. Installing it onto a game that already has Dustil installed will break certain parts of the mod and most likely break the game as well."

At this point it may be easier just to grab the utility armbands mod, cheat the open door armband in and use that to get past the door. But uninstalling, reinstalling and loading a save from before you entered the tomb is viable as well, I guess.

(I linked to my version of the utility armbands, which has an installer setup for KotOR 2. Here is Star Admiral's original version - all credit goes to him for all the work that went into the armbands.)

Okay, thank you Fallen Guardian.

I did install it twice because it said that it didn't install properly the first time, but it probably did and I messed it up when I reinstalled it. I'll uninstall it and reinstall it and try again.

Thank you.

I just fixed it up and played through. Fantastic mod man! Thanks for restoring Dustil. I was bummed when I found out he was scrapped originally. This contributes to yet another piece to making KotOR II whole again.

• Like 1

Okay, so i was finally got to the dustil part but it bugged somehow. Basically after i have talked to dustil  and go to face Revan and Myself, Revan sends the vision to attack me and once i have defeated that nothing happens when Revan should attack me himself. If i manually speak to revan it places me inside a door and i can see TWO Dustils who have followed me (behind that closed door). I had to load back to the part where i hadn't faced dustil and completed the vision stage without Dustil. There shouldn't be any mod conflicts either.

Okay, so i was finally got to the dustil part but it bugged somehow. Basically after i have talked to dustil  and go to face Revan and Myself, Revan sends the vision to attack me and once i have defeated that nothing happens when Revan should attack me himself. If i manually speak to revan it places me inside a door and i can see TWO Dustils who have followed me (behind that closed door). I had to load back to the part where i hadn't faced dustil and completed the vision stage without Dustil. There shouldn't be any mod conflicts either.

First off, what mods are you using?

Second, what method of installation did you use?

First off, what mods are you using?

Second, what method of installation did you use?

I'm using Hanharr's jedi training, Force with armor, increased attributes, no lightsaber quest 1.5, m4-78 and ofcourse the tslrcm mod.

Installed using the Dustil Restoration v1.0 installer.exe.

I'm using Hanharr's jedi training, Force with armor, increased attributes, no lightsaber quest 1.5, m4-78 and ofcourse the tslrcm mod.

Installed using the Dustil Restoration v1.0 installer.exe.

Did you install TSLRCM first, or did you install Dustil Restoration first? Also, did you use the Added Content installation for Dustil or the Pure Restoration?

Could you also post a copy of the install log for Dustil Restoration that the TSL Patcher should've created?

Did you install TSLRCM first, or did you install Dustil Restoration first? Also, did you use the Added Content installation for Dustil or the Pure Restoration?

Could you also post a copy of the install log for Dustil Restoration that the TSL Patcher should've created?

Sorry for taking such a long time to answer. I checked the install log and there indeed was one warning:  Warning: A file named 711KOR.MOD already exists in the Modules folder. Skipping file... Warning: A file named 711KOR.MOD already exists in the Modules folder. Skipping file...  might be the problem?

Installation was added content.

I also remember that i opened the door which led to Revan before i met dustil and had to go all the way back to dustil, since i had missed his room.

Sorry for taking such a long time to answer. I checked the install log and there indeed was one warning:  Warning: A file named 711KOR.MOD already exists in the Modules folder. Skipping file... Warning: A file named 711KOR.MOD already exists in the Modules folder. Skipping file...  might be the problem?

Installation was added content.

I also remember that i opened the door which led to Revan before i met dustil and had to go all the way back to dustil, since i had missed his room.

No, that wouldn't be the problem as that file was just insurance in case TSLRCM wasn't installed. Can you post the entire install log?

So what happened was, you went through the tomb, skipping over Dustil, and got all the way to the door with Revan, and opened it. So at this point I can assume no conversation started with Revan?

Also, did you encounter any other bits pertaining to the Dustil mod within the tomb besides Dustil? i.e. Datapads, records and the like? Please post this part in spoilers.

No, that wouldn't be the problem as that file was just insurance in case TSLRCM wasn't installed. Can you post the entire install log?

So what happened was, you went through the tomb, skipping over Dustil, and got all the way to the door with Revan, and opened it. So at this point I can assume no conversation started with Revan?

Also, did you encounter any other bits pertaining to the Dustil mod within the tomb besides Dustil? i.e. Datapads, records and the like? Please post this part in spoilers.

I have attached the installog, but i can pretty much tell there shouldnt be any problems with that.

And yes I had already opened the door which lead to Revan before meeting Dustil. The conversation with Revan didnt start as you have to talk to him for that to happen. I did encounter those datapads and records. Can't recall what they said but i can tell they were associated with Dustil.

installlog.rtf

I have attached the installog, but i can pretty much tell there shouldnt be any problems with that.

And yes I had already opened the door which lead to Revan before meeting Dustil. The conversation with Revan didnt start as you have to talk to him for that to happen. I did encounter those datapads and records. Can't recall what they said but i can tell they were associated with Dustil.

Could you send me a copy via private message of your 711KOR.MOD found within the modules folder in your SWKotOR 2 directory?

Currently when downloading from Deadly Stream you'll come up with an empty ZIP instead of the mod. I've contacted the admins about this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

Are we supposed to download both of the files?  I get one file that downloads but the second one is empty? Just need to make sure if only need one or both of them. Don't want to install and mess up my game until I know for sure.   Thank you.

Thank you so much Hassat. Sorry I was confused to begin with. I will then install it now. Very excited to do so.  

As far as I can tell, this is a really great mod. However I'm having a serious problem. The mod skips the dialogue, much like the vanila one does sometimes when you've been playing for a while. Except I haven't been playing it for a while. I just loaded this save.

I run through the Mandalorian mine scene just fine, then I get to Dustil, and I cant hear a word he's saying. I click the dialogue options and hope I don't get faction points I don't want.

When he kicks me out of his room, it doesnt even show the proper dialogue. He goes through his yelling motions and all. I have to check the journal afterwards to figure out what he said. This rushing dialogue also affects Nebelish's recording.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the mod. I am extremely frustrated because this mod looks phenomenal and I wish it would cooperate.

I know it's only this mod because the Mandalorian and Kreia visions are just fine with the dialogue.

My other installed mods are TSLRCM, Atton With Scruff  , Cati the Gizka, TSL Hak Pad Ultimate

• Like 1

You're using the Steam version? Latest update did something harming various custom lines. Hopefully their next patch will fix that.

You're using the Steam version? Latest update did something harming various custom lines. Hopefully their next patch will fix that.

That's depressing, but yes I am. At least I know what's wrong now. Thank you!