I remember modder called Qui-Gon Jorn helped me with this problem. He released fix of his lgtsbr mod for PL version of the game. Nevermind, let's hope problem will not apear this time.

Now that I finally got that .NET 4.0 working I tried to install the saber mod. Installation appeared to work correctly... but it messed the .2da files. Everything in the edited .2da files that was not installed by the installer, to be more accurate. Do you want some files to check?

I can fix the installation manually, but if you want to find out what's going on with the installer...

• Like 1

Now that I finally got that .NET 4.0 working I tried to install the saber mod. Installation appeared to work correctly... but it messed the .2da files. Everything in the edited .2da files that was not installed by the installer, to be more accurate. Do you want some files to check?

I can fix the installation manually, but if you want to find out what's going on with the installer...

I most certainly would like to find out what is going on with the installer.

Just wanted to say that is mod along with the restored content mod, has inspired me to play though this game again. Really looking forward to seeing this release, strong work! Keep it up!!

QP

• Like 1

Hello VarsityPuppet,

There is a mod called Ellderon's Great Sabers (0.2) which adds a Great Lightsaber  that uses both hand slots and deal bigger damage that a regular lightsaber + knockback . In that mod it replaces the shortsabers but I was wandering if you can add-it to the game as a separate sword(not replacer) and also make it possible to be created with the lightsaber quest/workbench .

So weirdly enough, I fixed the installer to a point where it isn't crashing! Turns out it didn't particularly like to be installed over other mods that add more baseitems...

...long story short, that problem is fixed and I'm thinking I could probably take some screen shots and do some sort of official release.

Thoughts?

Is it possible to add options to practice duel with your jedi companions?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

I'll be willing to test if you still need testers.

Please do!

Perhaps a comment about that base items issue in the read me might be a good addition.

Will do!

Sorry for not being specific, I meant ya'know how you have the option to spare with Visas? (note I'm just spitballing here) be able to duel with all your companions when you teach them to become force users

Sorry for not being specific, I meant ya'know how you have the option to spare with Visas? (note I'm just spitballing here) be able to duel with all your companions when you teach them to become force users

I haven't checked, but I would assume it doesn't work with that.

Happy Holidays all!

I am curious as to how the mechanics of this mod will work in relation to the Ultimate Saber Mod, for me the nice touch about USM was that it gave all the major NPCs their own unique lightsaber, is this something you are going to continue with? Will you also be replicating the feature whereby party members who you train to be Jedi can construct their own lightsaber?

I am guessing that you will want to reduce messing with dialogue especially as this is aimed for compatibility with TSLRCM, I am being a little daft and running USM with the patch and TSLRCM 1.8.3 they definitely do not play nice together. The game is playable but certain dialogues and cutscenes are really messed up, especially those which are restored content.

Is this how you are planning on avoiding issues with TSLRCM?

Forgive me if this is apparent in any of the alpha or beta builds but i've decided not to use until the mod is finished or has a release candidate, I'd rather be patient and get the "full experience"!

All the best,

QP

Happy Holidays all!

I am curious as to how the mechanics of this mod will work in relation to the Ultimate Saber Mod, for me the nice touch about USM was that it gave all the major NPCs their own unique lightsaber, is this something you are going to continue with? Will you also be replicating the feature whereby party members who you train to be Jedi can construct their own lightsaber?

I am guessing that you will want to reduce messing with dialogue especially as this is aimed for compatibility with TSLRCM, I am being a little daft and running USM with the patch and TSLRCM 1.8.3 they definitely do not play nice together. The game is playable but certain dialogues and cutscenes are really messed up, especially those which are restored content.

Is this how you are planning on avoiding issues with TSLRCM?

All the best,

QP

Hello,

Yes, my intention in the end is to give all NPC's their proper lightsabers. All the Jedi Masters and all the Sith Lords. Party members will also be able to make their lightsabers, although not automatically, you'll have to build them at the workbench, but they will become available when they are jedified. (It's easier and makes more sense this way).

That said, there are still 30 some odd sabers that need to be put into the game somehow either by being given to enemies as drops, bought in stores or special loot. This will take a lot of planning because there are only so many places we can put lightsabers, and i don't want to require the use of the Coruscant Jedi temple or the Battle Arena.

That said, I'm still working on the "installation" of said files (giving NPCs lightsabers, giving containers lightsabers) so that will be a ways off, so my plan is to release the beta build which is more or less just a cheat console at the work bench with which you can build any lightsaber you want.

Hello,

Yes, my intention in the end is to give all NPC's their proper lightsabers. All the Jedi Masters and all the Sith Lords. Party members will also be able to make their lightsabers, although not automatically, you'll have to build them at the workbench, but they will become available when they are jedified. (It's easier and makes more sense this way).

That said, there are still 30 some odd sabers that need to be put into the game somehow either by being given to enemies as drops, bought in stores or special loot. This will take a lot of planning because there are only so many places we can put lightsabers, and i don't want to require the use of the Coruscant Jedi temple or the Battle Arena.

That said, I'm still working on the "installation" of said files (giving NPCs lightsabers, giving containers lightsabers) so that will be a ways off, so my plan is to release the beta build which is more or less just a cheat console at the work bench with which you can build any lightsaber you want.

I see! Very cool!

Perhaps though to save yourself some hassle, as you said you have 30 something "generic brand" lightsabers to drop in, could you not put them all in the crystal caves? And then perhaps dot a few around the more Jedi/Dark Jedi themed areas of the game as you see fit. And to make things simple for the Main Party lightsabers after Jedi-fication, perhaps have a store of crystals in the Hidden Compartment on the Ebon Hawk? If the Lost Jedi lightsabers are restricted to their respective NPC characters it could be an easy way to drop everything in subtly?

(This of course is all assuming it follows the mechanic of using a specific crystal to get a specific hilt design)

This leads onto another question about your mod. Is the colour for each lightsaber blade determined by the hilt/crystal, or will your console cheat allow you to choose any colour for any hilt? I felt that was a limitation of USM where you were essentially constrained to the hilts you were able to find in the game. Although I could understand this being a tall order as you may end up having to create a crystal for each colour for every hilt (a lot of work!) ...I guess I'm asking would it be non-trivial to allow you console to choose the blade colour at creation of that hilt?

Look forward to seeing this mod come to fruition. It adds so much more to the game and it was a great shame USM and RCM didn't play nice. Your mod seems to be a perfect solution to this!

All the best,

QP

I see! Very cool!

Perhaps though to save yourself some hassle, as you said you have 30 something "generic brand" lightsabers to drop in, could you not put them all in the crystal caves? And then perhaps dot a few around the more Jedi/Dark Jedi themed areas of the game as you see fit. And to make things simple for the Main Party lightsabers after Jedi-fication, perhaps have a store of crystals in the Hidden Compartment on the Ebon Hawk? If the Lost Jedi lightsabers are restricted to their respective NPC characters it could be an easy way to drop everything in subtly?

(This of course is all assuming it follows the mechanic of using a specific crystal to get a specific hilt design)

This leads onto another question about your mod. Is the colour for each lightsaber blade determined by the hilt/crystal, or will your console cheat allow you to choose any colour for any hilt? I felt that was a limitation of USM where you were essentially constrained to the hilts you were able to find in the game. Although I could understand this being a tall order as you may end up having to create a crystal for each colour for every hilt (a lot of work!) ...I guess I'm asking would it be non-trivial to allow you console to choose the blade colour at creation of that hilt?

Look forward to seeing this mod come to fruition. It adds so much more to the game and it was a great shame USM and RCM didn't play nice. Your mod seems to be a perfect solution to this!

All the best,

QP

There will be roughly 60 saber hilts to choose from, with 13 colors to choose from. It still uses the same mechanism, but there's an added layer which sort of streamlines that - you can match a crystal with a hilt and put that in the saber to get the hilt and saber color you want.

Ultimately, as far as getting things into game, I want to distribute them as evenly as possible, so I'm probably not going to add them all in one spot.

The feel I'm going for is making them sort of like collectible items to find throughout the game.

I fixed the installer, it should hopefully install correctly. To be honest, the bug I fixed would not have existed with my current coding skills, but since this code had been in development for a long time, it's quite a mess.

So where it's available? I want to test it, but I'm not sure about the download link...

About positioning the hilts in-game... maybe you could drop something at Telos academy, Dantooine sub-level and Sith academy? They somewhat would make sense. And maybe the hidden tomb at Korriban, too.

This might sound odd, but what about positioning them in places typically out of reach as is normal with collectibles? Or for added challenge, put them in locked containers so you can't just collect them like candy..

This might sound odd, but what about positioning them in places typically out of reach as is normal with collectibles? Or for added challenge, put them in locked containers so you can't just collect them like candy..

Yes, I like the prospect of putting them in locked containers. I'm not sure, however, where might be a hard to reach place though.

So where it's available? I want to test it, but I'm not sure about the download link...

About positioning the hilts in-game... maybe you could drop something at Telos academy, Dantooine sub-level and Sith academy? They somewhat would make sense. And maybe the hidden tomb at Korriban, too.

It's in the download section and those are all good places