For those who don't know, I've been working on a saber mod that will be compatible with TSLRCM. It will bring USM, HOTOR and all the other hilts you can imagine together in one big mod.

Well instead of speculation and discussion, we are now entering Phase 2 of the mod making process.

Phase 2 is the part where the mod actually works and could be released as is (no TSLPatcher ATM)

However, since this is intending to expand beyond its current scope, I figure we can start a new thread not about which are your favorite sabers, but an official update thread. I'll still take input of course, but the focus of this is to provide updates and get feedback about the mod itself, not just the sabers.

Also, if you could, I'm trying to decide on an epic name to call this mod so people will be intrigued and download it. I don't want all this work to go to waste after all. Just vote here or if you have another idea, just post it below

Here's where we're at.

USM - I have permission from Chainz.2da to use USM hilts. 20 of which are converted
HOTOR - I have permission from Qui-Don Jorn to use HOTOR hilts, just waiting for the textures
Quanon - Permission Pending
Evasto - Whatever's on Kotorfiles
DeadMan - Lightsaber Pikes (credit will be given)

And a few others (some Kotorfiles ones that slip my mind)

Here's the current system in action. (USM hilts and my own Sith Hilts included)

• Like 1

Totally wasn't familiar with Evasto's work till now!

As far as a name is concerned, how about something like a mashup music title to spice up the community lightsaber project angle:

Heroes of the Ultimate Old Republic Saber Mod (feat. Qui-Don Jorn, ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, Seprithro, svösh, T7nowhere, Quanon, Evasto, DeadMan, VarsityPuppet)

• Like 1

Hey Vp,

You said you were waiting on the textures? What do you mean? Did you not get them in that second email?

Let me know via Email, I check that more than I get on here.

Ok, working on it.

Outlook dosent seem to like attachments so it will come in 2 seperate folders to cut down the size.

It's coming. I'm going to probably spend quite some time going through KDJ's HOTOR and TOR hilts, but that'll be a large part of the mod in itself.

Already have 41 hilts fully installed and working (sans icons).

Nice, keep on working on this baby, please! It is going to be mind blowing!

Like in the old USM mod I'd like to see that Kreia have her Walking Stick Lightsaber from the beginning  (disguised Lightsaber in a walking stick) ,that only she can use it . It was awesome when she faced Sion on Peragus she pulled out this lightsaber , it is more fitting to face a dark jedi with a lightsaber than a vibrosword , I think ...

I looked upon your movie presentation and I like to say that hilt creation is logical and easy to use , it will be by far the best saber mod !

One more thing about crystal colors ... what about black color ? Darth Nihilus with a Dark Lightsaber will look more impressive & terrifying . 

• Like 1

One more sugestion ... to not become incompatible with future versions of TSLRCM(by editing companions dlg files) maybe you can find another solution to have party members construct their lightsabers. 

Updates are slow on the Saber Front. Mostly because I'm individually sorting through Kuai Don Jorn's Saber hilts. Matching newest model versions with the newest texture versions.

Will take quite awhile and I'm starting to think I should probably work on converting the smaller packs of sabers while I'm working on this mammoth of a pack.

Like in the old USM mod I'd like to see that Kreia have her Walking Stick Lightsaber from the beginning  (disguised Lightsaber in a walking stick) ,that only she can use it . It was awesome when she faced Sion on Peragus she pulled out this lightsaber , it is more fitting to face a dark jedi with a lightsaber than a vibrosword , I think ...

I looked upon your movie presentation and I like to say that hilt creation is logical and easy to use , it will be by far the best saber mod !

One more thing about crystal colors ... what about black color ? Darth Nihilus with a Dark Lightsaber will look more impressive & terrifying . 

Sorry for the long wait. I figure I'll answer your PM here since others will likely want to know the answer.

Will the infamous black/inverted color saber be included?

Sadly, no. I really like the black saber personally, but quality-wise, all the kotor renditions are... well terrible. This has to do with the engine's capability of texture rendering and image processing I believe. If you're familiar with openGL blend functions, basically, all lightsaber textures use the "additive" type blending where the colors values are added up (much like numbers) for a maximum of 255,255,255 rgb (white). That's what lets the "white" shine through.

With black sabers, you need the black to shine through, which is subtractive blending. TSL doesn't seem to support that in its .txi write ups so the result is not really that satisfying, if you get what I mean.

Will Kreia have her Walking Stick? Can party members construct lightsabers of their own? Quests? etc?

Possibly to all of these questions. One thing I wanted to stay away from is canonizing any particular saber hilt. I realize most of you will use USM but I like to mix it up between several different hilts. We shall see what happens.

Will Kreia have her Walking Stick? Can party members construct lightsabers of their own? Quests? etc?

Possibly to all of these questions. One thing I wanted to stay away from is canonizing any particular saber hilt. I realize most of you will use USM but I like to mix it up between several different hilts. We shall see what happens.

For compatibility's sake as well as for role playing, I also support letting the player choose whether or not Kreia will be using a particular sabre or another...

For compatibility's sake as well as for role playing, I also support letting the player choose whether or not Kreia will be using a particular sabre or another...

Fair enough - instead of multiple installations though I'm more in favor of some sort of interface that the user can customize.

Fair enough - instead of multiple installations though I'm more in favor of some sort of interface that the user can customize.

Yeah, this interface would be even better. Though I did not imply multiple installation design, rather changing the lightsabers directly in game by the crude means of inventory :P

Sorry for double post, but I figure if VP sees this earlier than later, it will be a good thing. So I was browsing through kfiles and stumbled upon oldflash's work. He did work on a lot of hilts which, provided he could be contacted, would make for interesting additions to this mod. Just tell-me what you think:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/developer/oldflash;23771

Edited by MrPhil

Sorry for double post, but I figure if VP sees this earlier than later, it will be a good thing. So I was browsing through kfiles and stumbled upon oldflash's work. He did work on a lot of hilts which, provided he could be contacted, would make for interesting additions to this mod. Just tell-me what you think:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/developer/oldflash;23771

Thanks Phil. I've got an oldflash pack in the mod already. It uses mostly his double sabers (again, I'm not too fond of movie sabers). But some single sabers have been included.

Hey VP, don't hesitate to ask for specific skins you need to find. I can help.

Oh yes, I know. I've been trying to get as many skinned as I can to see where I'm at. I just have had alot of my time sucked recently due to school and stuff.

Oh yes, I know. I've been trying to get as many skinned as I can to see where I'm at. I just have had alot of my time sucked recently due to school and stuff.

Don't procrastinate too much :P

UPDATE:

Well, after a long, tiring semester of school kicking my ass, I've returned to the interwebz world.

What's the plan?

To consolidate the Saber system and release what I have so far. I'll work on adding KDJ's sabers over time. Ultimately, we cut down the number of his sabers involved. We limited it to his favorites, which I believe is for the better overall.

There are things I know people won't like, but this is the reason I'm trying to develop tools to help ease this sort of stuff. We shouldn't be wasting time doing menial work anymore.

Also, I'd like to get this out so I can qualify for Mod of the Year 2013. It's a superficial reason, but it'll make me push it out faster maybe..

Anyways. Fun.