Guest Angelsfury

Handmaiden 4 F + TSLRCM 1.8.2

Guest Angelsfury

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster (I was caught in a Purge some months back).

I was ecstatic to see Hassat Hunter had updated Stoffe's mod for changing Brianna/Mical for an Exhile of the same sex.  Unfortunately, this is currently not compatible with TSLRCM 1.8.2, and looking over the (hopefully complete) change notes, I was mostly content to find and play 1.8.1 until they could made compatible.

However, there is one change that I would very much like to have from 1.8.2: 

* The workbench will now use the skill of the user, instead of the PC when dismantling items for components.

My question to the community is: are there currently any methods to use these two wonderful changes at the same time?

Thank you!

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but was Handmaiden 4 Females ever updated to work with 1.8.2?  I can't seem to find one that works...

• Like 1

Nope.

I decided to finish 1.8.3/M4-78EP first before updating this.

Also hopefully I can make it M4-78EP compatible then and the Jedi Temple mod (for this and M4-78EP). Still a lot of work to do though...

OK Hassat. Thank you very much for your quick reply, as well as all your hard work making all of these run together. I'm sure I'm not alone in being very grateful to skilled modders such as yourself who keep these older games exciting and fresh playthrough after playthrough. It's greatly appreciated ...

Regcod it's impossible with the same galaxymap script being in both mods and each contains info the other doesn't. I was going to tackle this back when 1.8.2 and M4-78EP came out to make it compatible with Jedi Temple mod but then I realized the H4F used the same script file also, further complicating things.

I've just completed the game having a female exile and choosing the handmain thank to the mod downloaded from this site. If I remember well the only modification made by hand, was for merging the global.jrl with the tools found on Holowan Laboratories called 'JRL Merger'.

I don't remember other modification but I'll check again and let you know...

This is the mod I used anyway : "Handmaide 4 Females - Disciple 4 Males (for TSLRCM 1.8.1) 1.0" downloaded from this site in the download section.

k_sup_galaxymap.ncs is the file I am talking about there are changes that were made for H4F that aren't in the same file for M4-78EP or Jedi Temple.

k_sup_galaxymap.ncs is the file I am talking about there are changes that were made for H4F that aren't in the same file for M4-78EP or Jedi Temple.

Where is k_sup_galaxymap.ncs touched in M4-78EP?  Is this script integrated into one of the module files for this mod?  I'm only a novice modder and havn't done any scripting for KOTOR, so I'm not sure which files the original scripts are stored, but from my limited knowledge I do not see any conflicts for k_sup_galaxymap.ncs between M4-78EP for 1.8.2 TSLRCM and H4F (for TSLRCM 1.8.1).  I haven't played RCM since 1.7, and I'm starting up a playthrough today, planning to use H4F.  Sounds like it worked for Regcod, but I will update this thread if I find out more.

It works with 1.8.2 (though might undo some small tweaks), wont with M4-78EP though...

Which files conflict?  I do believe you if you say it won't work, but I've compared the 78EP standalone files to the files added/altered by H4F, and the only conflict (including .mod files that are edited) is globalcat.2da, which shouldn't be problematic since H4F uses TSL Patcher.  Is this last statement incorrect?  I'm just trying to make sure I can see where the conflict is, since I can't see it at the moment and I want to be able to detect mod conflicts better than I can currently.  Thanks!

It is, indeed, incorrect.

Some of the files modified by H4F M4-78EP changes in 003EBO.mod.

Looking at the changes.ini for H4F (the TSLRCM 1.8.1 compatible version) it lists only the following module files:

install_folder0=Modules\950COR.mod

install_folder1=Modules\610DAN.mod

install_folder2=Modules\350NAR.mod

install_folder3=Modules\262TEL.mod

install_folder4=Modules\006EBO.mod

I did re-download the file just to double check this, so it looks like H4F does not touch 003EBO.mod.  I'm still not clear on how it is conflicting.

Looking at the changes.ini for H4F (the TSLRCM 1.8.1 compatible version) it lists only the following module files:

install_folder0=Modules\950COR.mod

install_folder1=Modules\610DAN.mod

install_folder2=Modules\350NAR.mod

install_folder3=Modules\262TEL.mod

install_folder4=Modules\006EBO.mod

I did re-download the file just to double check this, so it looks like H4F does not touch 003EBO.mod.  I'm still not clear on how it is conflicting.

One can insert files into a .mod using TSLPatcher...

Those are indeed the files TSLPatcher installs files into for H4F.

However, the files in question from 003EBO H4F places in the override folder (while they are still in 003EBO for M4-78EP).

I think I'm just waiting on the H4F mod to be fixed for 1.8.2 now.  Then I should be able to play with TSLRCM, Jedi Temple, M4-78EP since those are all already compatible right?  I'm really eager to play KOTOR2 again...

Those are indeed the files TSLPatcher installs files into for H4F.

However, the files in question from 003EBO H4F places in the override folder (while they are still in 003EBO for M4-78EP).

I opened up 003EBO.mod in KOTOR Tool, and the only two files that H4F installs into Override (k_sup_galaxymap.ncs and handmaiden.dlg) are not part of 003EBO.mod.  I still don't see where the conflict occurs...

Anyways, I have been playing with 1.8.2, M4-78EP, and H4F (1.8.1 version), I currently only have Korriban left and no issues so far (of course following Korriban is when I would expect to see issues with M4-78EP).  I will update this thread as I keep playing.

I opened up 003EBO.mod in KOTOR Tool, and the only two files that H4F installs into Override (k_sup_galaxymap.ncs and handmaiden.dlg) are not part of 003EBO.mod.  I still don't see where the conflict occurs...

Anyways, I have been playing with 1.8.2, M4-78EP, and H4F (1.8.1 version), I currently only have Korriban left and no issues so far (of course following Korriban is when I would expect to see issues with M4-78EP).  I will update this thread as I keep playing.

Curious to find out how this plays out.. I've been trying to reinstall TSL, yet seem to be stuck in this constant cycle of:

Install mod

Find out mod isn't compatible with X mod.

Find Fix for X mod...

Install X + Fix....

Find out Fix only works with certain mod version (which I didn't install)

Reset override

Rinse and Repeat...

(and somehow, all 10-15 mods I've done this for all seem to be in the limbo state where they are "almost ready" to release exactly what I need...but the last post was months ago. Apologies, I don't mean to complain as its tough work, but it gets frustrating when it happens again and again.)

All I want is TSLRCM, a Female exile with Handmaiden (cause everyone knows Disciple sucks.) just like canon, M4-78EP, and some cool sabers/robes...maybe a head texture... Hell, I'd ditch M4-78 if it made things easier... if that was possible without completely starting from scratch...again...for the fourth time....

SO! Good luck, Wasabi, really hope this works out for you.

So I finished Korriban, talked to T3 to unlock coordinates to M4-78, it showed up on the galaxy map correctly, and then I travelled there and triggered the first scenes correctly.  It is now bed time, so I haven't done anything on M4-78 other than land, but I can confirm that this much has worked with TLSRCM 1.8.2, M4-78EP, H4F 1.8.1, and the Dustil Restoration mod found here (which was a very welcom addition I may add!).

I'll keep updating this as I go, but looking good so far.  If I everything ends up working, I can post a mod list of all the mods I'm using if anyone is interested.  It's close to 60 mods, but many are textures or small tweaks, and I haven't run into any issues so far with M4-78 being my last planet before endgame starts.

Sounds good! I might go ahead and continue with my other installations...if troubles arise..I could just skip M4-78

Have you already installed M4-78EP?  If you plan to install it, that should probably be done right after TSLRCM and before any other mods, especially ones that may make changes to non-texture and model files (such as scripts adn 2DA's).

If you have M4-78 installed, it looks like this is a mandatory planet to complete the game (which makes sense), so there is no skipping the planet if it is installed as far as I know.  I have never played with M4-78 installed before now, so it's all new to me, which is really awesome for an almost decade old game!  I'm planning to finish M4-78 tonight and go on to the Onderon endgame sequences, so I"ll update this again either way to say how things went.

Ah, okay. M4-78 is installed, and properly..

Basically, atm, I have TSL + Patch, vista fix, then TSLRCM, the M4-78, and a few textures/models (anything that changed appearance.2da used TSLPatcher, e.g. Dak's skin pack). Invisible headgear... I have also used the widescreen patch, and the map fix for widescreens.

What's Left:

H4F

Lightsabers (wanted USM, but I may have to just settle for Old-flashes replacements..HOTOR was never updated for 1.8, so that's up in the air)

90SK's Robe Pack Final

That mod that replaces Jal Shey armor with Armored Robes... maybe (I've yet to see a Jal Shey rextexture only that I've liked.

Also wanna instal "Andrei's Dynamic Jedi Classes", but that may be biting off more than I can chew..it depends on what set of Lightsabers I settle on. I really wish Old Flashes Replacement Sabers (1-H) were as detailed as his later doublesabers and shortsabers packs.

Finally...I'm scanning around for pack that adds unique statted clothes Mira/Brianna, so I don't have to equip them with other robes (the texture packs make them look REALLY good)

Well, I completed M4-78 successfully, and triggered the message from T3 to go back to Onderon.  The main issue I had with M4-78 was all the journal entries were blank for quests added by the mod (which was frustrating, but I was still able to complete it and most of the side quests in it).  If this is the only consequence of having H4F installed, then it was well worth it (and the journal glitch could have been caused by numerous other things as well, so who knows).