VarsityPuppet

Your Favorite Sabers

Okay, so it's become fairly clear that I can't visit this site without doing something. And the more I play TSLRCM, the more I realize we need a sweet new mod. Not another content mod - a peripheral system.

So, I have an idea. It's a saber mod. I have everything mapped out. I know what I need to do. The issue is doing it.

So I have an experiment I want to try. Maybe it'll revolutionize Kotor modding, maybe it won't. Only time will tell.

I will be recruiting (although 'recruiting' is not right word)

I need people who can model lightsabers. (There is no inbetween. You can or you can't)

I need people who will not object to grunt work (Don't worry, I'm making a tool that will ease your troubles).

I need someone with a keen sense of narrative (Good spelling, good at writing item descriptions)

You will need to download some tools.

For right now, I need to know what lightsabers need to be made. I need suggestions

USM sabers are welcome (I have permission from Chainz.2da to use USM sabers)

HOTOR sabers are welcome.

Anything you can find on the internet is welcome.

Keep in mind I want to keep with the ornate saber style of the Old Republic. And varied styles are a must. The idea is to have a saber type for each Force Class (9).

Also, I will be using Nihilus' saber from my mod, and I currently have a Darth Sion saber which I will post later.

Eventually, we wil get to Each Jedi Master and Sith Lord saber, but not right now. I want to see how these 9 will play out first.

This is ultimately to get an idea of the saber designs you, the end user, will want to see.  In the meantime, with all of this brainstorming, I will be working in the shadows so we can start working right away.

So... .GO!!!!!!

I have to admit, I am quite curious about this.   I haven't modeled a saber which I have ever exported to the game but if you need a few I'll try my hand at it.

also if you do this, you should think about damage and not making certain one over powered. that was my problem with USM. sabers of the same type like single had different  damage. it should be about having customisation and not having the most powerful saber through gain one but making one with different crystals

also if you do this, you should think about damage and not making certain one over powered. that was my problem with USM. sabers of the same type like single had different  damage. it should be about having customisation and not having the most powerful saber through gain one but making one with different crystals

Hilt attributes had not been something I was going to do. This is more for the aesthetic aspect of lightsaber creation.

By the end, there will likely be so many different hilts that it'd pretty much be impossible to give them all unique attributes.

Hilt attributes had not been something I was going to do. This is more for the aesthetic aspect of lightsaber creation.

By the end, there will likely be so many different hilts that it'd pretty much be impossible to give them all unique attributes.

Thank God! I didn't want a over powered mod but do want one based on both customization and the look of hilts

An update for you all!

It comes in video form (2 videos)

Videos include an original modeled saber hilt, a new modding tool and a shameless plug for mine and 90SK's mod. There are still more secrets to come as well. Stay tuned and enjoy!

And as I always say: Suck it, Jaevyn!

One last thing I forgot to highlight in the video: DupliSaber can indeed be configured to export sabers in MANY DIFFERENT COLORS. For instance, when I was developing this mod with Crixler, we had brainstormed at least 30 different colors! To do that manually would have taken forever... but now it won't!

And you have Crixler's colors in there? Excellent . . .

I wonder if any of names for his crystals that I came up with wound up being included in that.

Well, no, not in the video, no. But, it would be easy to make a list with all of his color variations and then export all of those.

And sadly I don't even remember all of the colors we had come up with, but chances are that when we do get to the color crystals, I'll use some names that you came up with. I'm just not sure if I want to do around 30 color crystals, you know?

So, I take it this mod will indeed be fully compatible with TSLRCM v 1.8 and the M4-78EP?

I would like it if they did.

And so we are back to the beginning lol: there ain't no saber mod that can keep-up with TSL RCM w/ M4-78. At least, your tin can mod works :P

Traya Hilt: Almost done UV Mapping.

Dunno if those red light parts should change with the blade color or just stay red. Thoughts?

2ei.png

Also, if anyone could get me an install of gmax, I can use the gmax file of HOTOR hilts that KDJ has entrusted me with. With any luck, they'll be in the new mod as well.

That's a nice hilt - I think it should change colour based on crystal (though I can see it working visually both ways).

Update: I now have access to all of KDJ's HOTOR sabers. Are there any that you would like to see in this mod?

I'm already planning on getting most of KDJ's double sabers for the mod.

I had no idea what you were talking about before, but now that I see the video, I see just how right LoH is. That is brilliantly intuitive, VP! I very much look forward to this.