VarsityPuppet

Your Favorite Sabers

Update:

The scope of this mod has changed. Instead of making a new set of Sabers (as originally stated), we will instead be focusing on converting USM hilt, HOTOR hilts and any other random hilts to be compatible with this mod.

Only 3 sabers (modeled by your truly) will be included and will be known as the Sith Lords pack. As you might imagine, they will be the sabers of Darth Sion, Nihiuls and Traya. After converting all of the saber models, maybe I'll have some inspiration to try some other hilts.

Anywho, I'll offer updates as we go along converting USM and HOTOR hilts

Nihilus saber from Hi Poly tin cans, yes. I'll probably even get the Hi Poly tin can models in there too (for the hell of it).

Oh, by the way, unless you guys have any objections, I was just going to omit short sabers

Nihilus saber from Hi Poly tin cans, yes. I'll probably even get the Hi Poly tin can models in there too (for the hell of it).

Oh, by the way, unless you guys have any objections, I was just going to omit short sabers

I object! short sabers need to be done too, imho they are too often overlooked when it comes to hilt mods. :)

I object! short sabers need to be done too, imho they are too often overlooked when it comes to hilt mods. :D

It'd be far easier to just apply the bonuses to single sabers. The models themselves, I don't care for too much. The only benefit they have is for two weapon fighting, but if I add the offhand bonus, is there any benefit to having short sabers?

Plus, I had in mind to try some other saber weapons that'll make you say "What's a short saber?"

Update: 23 total sabers from USM have been chosen to be included in the mod.

I left a few out because of the movie hilts (Anakin, Vader, Luke, Qui-Gon's etc) and the BA-122 Prototype I just wasn't sure what to do with it (since it's intended use is to be a breakaway saber). On top of that, I still have HOTOR to go through, and I've gotten permission from Evasto (Kotorfiles) to use two of his magnificent hilt.

Next, I just need to make all of the hilt UTIs and necessary 2da edits and we could be looking at a release pretty soon here.

Update: After a good long day of modding, I've managed to generate the 800 files that are required to make the 200 USM hilt/color combinations (20 hilts, 10 colors)

Needless to say though, not everything is working correctly in game but that comes with the territory of mass generation of files.

Hopefully I can work out the kinks.

Update: After a good long day of modding, I've managed to generate the 800 files that are required to make the 200 USM hilt/color combinations (20 hilts, 10 colors)

Needless to say though, not everything is working correctly in game but that comes with the territory of mass generation of files.

Hopefully I can work out the kinks.

Good work VP!

VP, might I say . .. you're awesome?

There have been many folks pining for USM with TSLRCM. I can't blame them. Both mods are fun to use. However, it is VP that has done the most to make this possible. Add into this, he's making QDJ's hilts available in this as well as many other hilts available.

If the new folks don't quite get the gargantuan effort expended here, I'll just say . . .  bravo!

Carry on, modder. Carry on!

Could someone please make a mod for Exar kuns lightsaber? A version of the single bladed version and the double bladed version? And don't lock it for dark side only please

• Like 1