Replacement Texture for Lightning on Malachor V
========================================

MOD AUTHOR: Sith Holocron
ORIGINAL RELEASE: 14 MAR 2013
UPDATED RELEASE: 29 FEB 2016

GAMES: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Description:
------------
Did the low resolution lighting ever irritate you when walking along Malachor V's surface? Me too!
Once again, I've decided to do something about it.
The new texture uses captures from a real lighting strike.
Constructive criticism is welcome.

About The Update:
-------------------------
When the mod was originally released, Darth Sapiens requested a version that has a flare on the cloud the lightning would be emanating from. I made him a version like that as a thank you for his helping the original version. I think it should be available to everyone – so now’s your turn to try it out.

Installation:
---------------

There are two versions of the lightning now: the original version and the publicly-unreleased-until-now “flare” version. Both versions have their own folder. Choose your version's folder and put the 2 files inside it into your Override folder. The "Original" version has a choice of DDS or TGA. In that particular case, choose either one you wish.

Uninstall:
------------

Take them out again.

Known Bugs:
-----------------

None known at this time.

Thank You Section:
-------------------------
Zbyl2: For the original testing of this mod.
Darth_Sapiens: For creating an alpha channel that made the black background transparent.
Kexikus: For pointing out transparency issues in the "Original Version"
Darth Parametric: For adding in the missing alpha for the "Original Version", correcting dimensions to power of 4 (2048x2048), and including a DDS version for optimal compression!

Legal Disclaimer:
----------------------

All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc.,
I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed as-is without alteration, unless by permission of the mod author. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either. Use it however you like, but if you're going to post it up somewhere, or make a derivative mod, or use it in another mod, please put a line in the readme, mentioning me. I hereby state that I specifically do NOT wish this mod to be uploaded to Steam Workshop - with the exception of Hassat Hunter who has my permission to do so.

I've lost my instructions on how to do the fooling around with transparencies and alpha channels on my Paint Shop Pro 5. (Yes, I said Paint Shop Pro 5! I don't have Photoshop and I will never be able to afford a legal copy.) I don't have an abundance of time to mess with this at the moment. However, there are those that would love to work on this. Might one of you be able to fix the original version and I'll update the read-me with a credit?

I've unapproved the mod until it is fixed. No point in having people downloading it until it's up to snuff.

But of course - stand by . . .

Update Posted Today, 12:32 AM [EST]
Fixed now. Thanks to Darth Parametric and Kexikus!

Btw someone should probably test that the fixed version actually works.....

Also, you should either remove the TGA or specify that you only use either the TGA or the DDS, not both. Or just delete the DDS if you are worried about compatibility. I just included it as a matter of course, seeing as I export any textures I do as DDS these days (besides icons that need to be seen in KSE).