k2_00097.jpg

That Je'daii symbol seems to have colors inverted - if you're using the Wookieepedia page as gospel anyway.

JedaiiOrder_zps917783d3.png

I think my issue with this symbol is that it's too close to this symbol - which represents the Republic Military.

RepublicMilitary_zpsd7985d68.png

It just seems ironic that the Exile gets exiled partially because she joined Revan and the Republic Military to stop the Mandalorians in a room that pretty much has the Republic Military symbol on the floor.

It's not all grim news. I like the addition of the statue.

That Je'daii symbol seems to have colors inverted - if you're using the Wookieepedia page as gospel anyway.

I think my issue with this symbol is that it's too close to this symbol - which represents the Republic Military.

It just seems ironic that the Exile gets exiled partially because she joined Revan and the Republic Military to stop the Mandalorians in a room that pretty much has the Republic Military symbol on the floor.

It's not all grim news. I like the addition of the statue.

Well, I did say it was based on the symbol; it's inversion is on purpose.

It may be similar to the Republic Military symbol, but it is not the same nor does the wiki page state when that symbol started it's use. Plus, perhaps they had more than one reason for getting rid of it...

In short: I ain't changing it, no matter what you think of it or the reasons you give -- I like it the way it is and that's how it is staying  ;).

My first impression was along Sith Holocron's lines, but it really looks fine, and if its the appropriate Je'daii symbol, then that's alright. Regardless, the look itself looks "ritzy-er" which fits into the old republic theme a bit more due to the exorbitant lifestyle that the jedi were going through. (Reminds me of 1920s New York) 

As for the statue, I think it does a better job of explaining why the jedi council members are so hostile to the exile later in the game, since he/she allegorically stabs the jedi themselves rather than some random pillar.

(Though it does beg the question of why the jedi masters saw fit to stare at a statue of themselves while discussing matters of the republic... :D)

My first impression was along Sith Holocron's lines, but it really looks fine, and if its the appropriate Je'daii symbol, then that's alright. Regardless, the look itself looks "ritzy-er" which fits into the old republic theme a bit more due to the exorbitant lifestyle that the jedi were going through. (Reminds me of 1920s New York) 

As for the statue, I think it does a better job of explaining why the jedi council members are so hostile to the exile later in the game, since he/she allegorically stabs the jedi themselves rather than some random pillar.

(Though it does beg the question of why the jedi masters saw fit to stare at a statue of themselves while discussing matters of the republic... :D)

I actually think that it being similar to the republic army symbol is more a reason to keep it as is.

Anyway, I think the obelisk (now statue) being in the center of the room is functionally a problem, but, I can see why they wanted to have the exile stab something. It would perhaps make more sense if the chairs weren't all the way around but actually just a half-circle. That way no one seated has to try and look around a statue right in the middle of their view if trying to see someone speaking directly opposite themselves. The statue would then be there for the "visitors" they have called to appear in front of the council -- not primarily for their own egotistical narcissistic needs.

But, that would require making a custom chair placeable and then tediously positioning them as replacements before "removing" the others. Still, might be worth going at a later date...

Love it, love it, love it. Marble and red velvet for some reason always comes to mind when I think of Coruscant, now just if Sithspecter's Coruscant exterior was in working condition we'd have a worthy Coruscant planet! :P

The first thought that came to mind about the statue being in the way would be to have the masters on a higher plane (which imo would make more sense anyway, what with them arrogantly believing that they have the moral high ground, and it would give it more of a feeling of a trial, but I'm going to take a guess that it's probably impossible lol.

It looks very good! And yeah, the inversion looks better to me also, for some reason...

Love it, love it, love it. Marble and red velvet for some reason always comes to mind when I think of Coruscant, now just if Sithspecter's Coruscant exterior was in working condition we'd have a worthy Coruscant planet! :P

The first thought that came to mind about the statue being in the way would be to have the masters on a higher plane (which imo would make more sense anyway, what with them arrogantly believing that they have the moral high ground, and it would give it more of a feeling of a trial, but I'm going to take a guess that it's probably impossible lol.

It's not "impossible" just a major pain as the current tools don't appear to be very good at it. Mdlops when it exports the models appears to dump anything it doesn't "understand" about the model; in particular those things to do with area modules which use different features to something like a weapon model. And even if it didn't, then NWMax sure does. So, you can edit the mesh to make such changes, however, it may not appear correctly in game if the game even wants to load it up. I haven't done that much in the way of creating new areas for the game, so there are likely steps that you need to take to get things to export and load correctly. But, these may not work with existing area models and such.

Anyway, you can't really use the council chambers as is as the obelisk and chairs don't have collision detection. Meaning you can pass right through them. The statue does so you can't, and the best fix I think for the chairs is to replace them with placeables which would also come with collision. Placing them in a half-circle would then help alleviate the "statue in the way" issue. You can still have additional chairs, you'd just use some other chair placeable to make it clear that these are for assembled visitors and not for the Jedi council themselves to sit in.

It looks very good! And yeah, the inversion looks better to me also, for some reason...

One reason for the inversion is stylistic, in that if you had it as default it would look rather odd with the surrounding marble/jedi symbol border and the statue within the centre. You tend to expect borders to be dark, not light.

I also prefer it inverted as it helps support themes to do with their own corruption (hypocrisy) as at it centre surrounding the statue is dark marble reflecting what is at their arrogant core past their puritan facade. 

This... is... AMAZING! I don't know what else to say. I am, however, glad that mant of the "plastic-like" textures were changed to more realistic ones.

There's just a few things though:

• Will this affect the TSLRCM areas such as the HK factory?
  • Could the standard player character clothing model remain?
  • I'm not too fond of the "nippy" Luxa myself. Could it be changed?

For the last two, I'm not asking you to remove it entirely, as I'm sure plenty of people will love the changes. Instead, could you do like you did with the Ebon Hawk garage and add two alternatives? That way, everyone's happy.

Other than that, keep up the great work! Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

This... is... AMAZING! I don't know what else to say. I am, however, glad that mant of the "plastic-like" textures were changed to more realistic ones.

There's just a few things though:

• Will this affect the TSLRCM areas such as the HK factory?

The HK factory uses the same textures as those found within the secret facility within the Telos restoration zone -- minus the new ones created and used by TSLRCM. Any other changes to things that are "global" like placeable textures and entities that have been changed by the mod that appear within this area will also be changed.

• Could the standard player character clothing model remain?

If my memory is correct, that is all done by the appearance file. In theory you can set it back to being the robe models as per the game; not sure I will however as it means creating and managing multiple appearance.2da files. Especially as it's a bit complex as I wanted to use the default clothing "slot" -- or model letter -- for another purpose. I'd have to think through what issues there might be with that that aren't immediately obvious.

• I'm not too fond of the "nippy" Luxa myself. Could it be changed?

Possibly, but, the time I spend on it is time I can't spend on anything else. Might see if I can do something quick though -- probably won't look that great.

For the last two, I'm not asking you to remove it entirely, as I'm sure plenty of people will love the changes. Instead, could you do like you did with the Ebon Hawk garage and add two alternatives? That way, everyone's happy.

Yeah, if I hex edit the Ebon hawk model files there may not be "alternatives" as each will be used for specific meshes  :P .

Never seen this before, looks awesome! I'll have to try this out when you release it. The screenshots on the front page are incredible!

Sweet buttered toast Coruscant looks amazing. The stabbing of the statue feels a lot more of a powerful moment now (especially if done with a red saber).

As SH messaged about updates and I needed to take some screenshots anyway, I thought I'd post up what I had been working on up until late November last year:

Most of the work involves Peragus and hex editing all the level environment models to use different textures for certain meshes. It probably doesn't look like it but of what I have done so far, it is probably more work than what was involved in doing the earlier reworked textures.

k2_00149.jpg

One room I in particular hated as the one you wake up in; I spent a lot of time on it in order to improve it as much as I could. I think it's 10x better than what is in the original version:

k2_00112.jpg

I've tried to very the types of floors found throughout in order to vary the appearance and also help support what it's supposed to be. So a simple store room may have hard tiling where another room may have metal or plastic grilling if it is a work or office space:

k2_00113.jpg

I've also made sure that the floor and roof textures aren't identical. I think this makes the rooms feel bigger in a way if look less crap:

k2_00114.jpg

k2_00118.jpg

k2_00120.jpg

There's probably a lot that isn't immediately obvious, in that I also reworked all the other textures as well to get the layering and specular right for them. But, the new roofs for these larger joining corridor sections should be pretty clear:

k2_00121.jpg

I really question the judgement of whoever designed how levels were supposed to be created and rendered by the engine. You have a lot of sections that you think are the same model just used in a different spot with a different rotation, but, it is not. Part of what makes it so difficult, is that you end up duplication a lot of work this way. Though in some cases, they are actually different in some respects, like this dead version of the corridor with the airlocks:

k2_00130.jpg

Kinda bad shot of the elevators -- and yes, they have also been hexed along with the corridors leading up to them:

k2_00119.jpg

Security officer room:

k2_00122.jpg

New Peragus screens continued...

Though the new roof texturing is probably obvious, the tweaked re-sized floor texture is probably not:

k2_00125.jpg

Along with tweaked textures, the below shot has a big change that I'm not gonna point out :P

k2_00124.jpg

The below shot shows of the specular work for some of the new tiling textures. Usually it's hard to spot when you're just looking at a static image but I think the one below does show it off well:

k2_00129.jpg

I decided to turn a disused texture of Peragus into a corporate art floor mosaic -- the critter corpse from vine is from me using the space to test placeables (it's not meant to be permanent):

k2_00126.jpg

New prison cells with metal paneling and polished concrete floor:

k2_00127.jpg

k2_00128.jpg

Since it's directly outside this area, screens of the outside walkway with its much better grill texture:

k2_00131.jpg

Again new grill walkway -- rest of outside apart from the nebula and Peragus shown in above texture hasn't had any additional work so I won't bother showing it:

k2_00132.jpg

Lastly for this set, as I can't figure out where else to put it, a screen from the lower mining tunnels showing some new hexed in textures along with revised texture work I did:

k2_00145.jpg

More of Peragus...

k2_00133.jpg

k2_00134.jpg

k2_00135.jpg

The above screenshot is a good op to point out one of the many small changes and fixes I made that may not be immediately obvious. Below is a BEFORE close up of what I mean:

k2_00098.jpg

The AFTER screenshot with the hexed in texture as I imagine it was supposed to look:

k2_00099.jpg

k2_00138.jpg

k2_00139.jpg

k2_00141.jpg

k2_00137.jpg

Big difference below that should be visible is the new rough and dirty concrete floor:

k2_00143.jpg

k2_00142.jpg

k2_00144.jpg

This Hex-edit work you have been doing is evidently bringing the texturing work of Peragus to a whole new level. I am blown away. I always loved reskins of Peragus, tried a whole bunch of them. I tried like 3 versions by Xarwarz but this first room has always been annoying to anybody that tries modding Peragus. This work you are doing is formidable and will undoubtedly result in a superior work. The floor and roof being different gives a whole new feel and is a great refresher from vanilla. Peragus always felt too neat or too repetitive. Now it looks like a proper mining station might.

I did not notice the "big change" you spoke about, because I don't remember vanilla enough, though should you provide a before shot, I'm pretty sure I'd find-it :-P

I like this spot of light on the floor (specular uh? not a word I'm familiar with, being french myself, but hey, whatever, I'm pretty sure I get just about enough to know what you mean :D)

Love the new logo! Makes sense that they'd have one, which until now, we hadn't seen. Pretty sure some people won't agree with having one but whatever...

The prison looks so much better! The concrete floor makes the place feel more like where I'd put the "cream" of society. And with that floor, it is the first time I actually notice there are old fashion cubicles with bars, not just force-fielded cages! Vast improvement.

The outside is very good looking, with the nebulae somehow reminiscent of Homeworld or Sins of a Solar Empire space backgrounds...

I retract all of my previous statements. This looks marvelous!

Job well done and the idea with the mosaic is pretty good. I know this may not mean much coming from me of all people... but it had to be said.

Glad to see you're back.

It's cool to see how our styles diverge when comparing the screenshots side-by-side. Your visual theme reminds me of an early 1990s action film (something like, Escape from New York or Fortress 2)

Personally I believe that having more choices is better

BTW.. Fun exercise: do a quick google search of your screenshots and select the "visually similar images" button. 

Excellent, excellent stuff. Fits the vibe/plot of Peragus a lot more.

Thanks Zhaboka; and for being so quick of the bat with the praise ;).

This Hex-edit work you have been doing is evidently bringing the texturing work of Peragus to a whole new level. I am blown away. I always loved reskins of Peragus, tried a whole bunch of them. I tried like 3 versions by Xarwarz but this first room has always been annoying to anybody that tries modding Peragus. This work you are doing is formidable and will undoubtedly result in a superior work. The floor and roof being different gives a whole new feel and is a great refresher from vanilla. Peragus always felt too neat or too repetitive. Now it looks like a proper mining station might.

Thanks MrPhil, makes the extra work I've had to do to make it more unique worthwhile.

I did not notice the "big change" you spoke about, because I don't remember vanilla enough, though should you provide a before shot, I'm pretty sure I'd find-it :-P

Yeah, I figure most people won't notice it until I point it out; I'll wait until later to do that.

I like this spot of light on the floor (specular uh? not a word I'm familiar with, being french myself, but hey, whatever, I'm pretty sure I get just about enough to know what you mean  :D)

Specular is the reflected shine you get off of surfaces, most noticeable with hard shiny surfaces like metal. In particular the specular will move about as you move about the environment; with various features of the texture being highlighted. You can see if clearly with the metal roof tiles in that shot I pointed out as well as with the raw rough rock texture used for the walls in spots. Bit hard to tell as they're static images and all, much more noticeable when you're moving about the game environment.

The prison looks so much better! 

Yeah, that took quite a bit of work to look good. Surprisingly.

I retract all of my previous statements. This looks marvelous!

Job well done and the idea with the mosaic is pretty good. I know this may not mean much coming from me of all people... but it had to be said.

Thanks.

SIC is a master of remastering!

Damn straight!

It's cool to see how our styles diverge when comparing the screenshots side-by-side.

Yep, let's keep it that way ;)

Your visual theme reminds me of an early 1990s action film (something like, Escape from New York or Fortress 2)

Never thought of it that way; though I do have a soft spot for late 80s and early 90s action sci-fi flicks like Running Man -- like the black humor they had.

BTW.. Fun exercise: do a quick google search of your screenshots and select the "visually similar images" button.

As far as I can tell, there is no such button.

Some other stuff I was working on up until the end of last November:

When I say other stuff, I mean in this case stuff to do with placeables. In the case below, I disliked that both variants of the common desks found within the game used exactly the same texture, so, I changed this:

k2_00115.jpg

You may not notice the change I made above, but I removed something I just found stupid to have altogether on a desk and replaced with something else entirely. Below, the changes should be far more apparent -- there is also the Czerka droid texture that I did; not sure if I posted it before:

k2_00147.jpg

I also did work on the two crafting workstations found in the game to make them more visually distinct, in particular the little display panel is different for both as they're meant to be used for different things:

k2_00136.jpg

k2_00117.jpg

The two generic computer panel textures I've worked on as well to improve them:

k2_00116.jpg

k2_00154.jpg

I've just not worked on commonly found placeables, but ones that aren't. The marble fountain below I'm not even sure is used in TSL but I've decided to do all the placeables regardless. The water surface texture has a new animated texture; not that obvious from the static image below:

k2_00110.jpg

Another common placeable, was visible with the field turned off within the prison holding cells, this shot has it with the revised field effect as well:

k2_00153.jpg

As I said, I'm just going through them all and revising the textures for all the placeables in working condition. In some cases there are one or two textures missing because the texture sets are missing. Like the various fire-pits that used a Kashyyyk wood texture that they neglected to include or replace; why there aren't found in TSL. It was easy enough to come up with a new replacement for these:

k2_00150.jpg

Another example that was one of the better placeables yet had one or two textures missing. I replaced them and tweaked the others:

k2_00107.jpg

k2_00106.jpg

Though it and others aren't found in-game, I thought it would be worth the effort to fix them anyway, so that they might be used as a modder's resource by others if I don't end up using them myself -- though I probably will in most cases ;)

As far as I can tell, there is no such button.

Just right-click on any one of your images, select "search Google for this image", and at the middle of the window a bunch of images show up with the words "visually similar images" underlined. 

Positive on the marble pool texture? It just looks kinda dirty. Suppose it looks better in game.

EDIT: At second glance, it looks good, the different green colors look kinda weird though.  Like the yellowish hues with the green, I mean.

Just right-click on any one of your images, select "search Google for this image", and at the middle of the window a bunch of images show up with the words "visually similar images" underlined. 

Right, oddly did not try to think to do that even though I use Chrome. Odd results... They still need to work on this I think ;).

Positive on the marble pool texture? It just looks kinda dirty. Suppose it looks better in game.

EDIT: At second glance, it looks good, the different green colors look kinda weird though.  Like the yellowish hues with the green, I mean.

It does look better in game but I didn't think it looked right. I was planning to switch it with another alternative texture I was using for something else, but, wanted to see how it was used in game -- in the right context.

I just decided to go with my original instincts and switch them anyway:

Fountain with alt texture...

k2_00155.jpg

Other texture now used by this...

k2_00157.jpg

They seem to work better this way, even if I'm not 100% happy with the green one; or the plant textures for that matter...