Well this mod kinda redoes the cutscenes- http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/891-kotor-2-unofficial-patch/

I must warn you it is incompatible with TSLRCM but it is so definitely worth it, the only reason I use TSLRCM now is because all the mods are compatible with it and not with the Unofficial patch.

I wasn't talking about the ingame cutscenes. I was refering to the BIK movies.

Oh, well some of the BIK movies would be difficult to make but yeah that makes sense.

But I'd still recommend that mod just to check out because it makes the in-game cutscenes SO much better.

I've uploaded the KotOR mod files into a couple of mods -- links below and you'll be able to download once they have been reviewed by staff.

They're from back in 2013, and to be honest, I think they're kind of rubbish compared to what I can do today. But, I thought I'd release them anyway...

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/991-kotor-darth-bandon-and-sith-apprentice-appearance/

Darth Bandon and Sith Apprentice textures -- both head variants for Sith Apprentice...

swkotor-2017-01-07-23-18-33-80.jpg

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/992-kotor-darth-malak-appearance/

Darth Malak textures -- both head variants included...

swkotor-2017-01-07-23-35-22-85.jpg

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/993-kotor-hk-47-appearance/

HK-47 with shiny spec...

swkotor-2017-01-07-23-17-42-50.jpg

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/994-kotor-sith-trooper-appearance/

All 3 Sith Trooper variants found in the game, but know not completely shiny:

Bone variant...

swkotor-2017-01-07-23-03-40-90.jpg

(Dried) blood variant...

swkotor-2017-01-08-00-57-38-81.jpg

Ash variant...

swkotor-2017-01-08-00-59-00-58.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, well some of the BIK movies would be difficult to make but yeah that makes sense.

But I'd still recommend that mod just to check out because it makes the in-game cutscenes SO much better.

Yes, those would be hard to recreate, and, I'm not inclined to do so.

In my opinion, when games use pre-rendered "cinematic" cutscenes, they are missing the interactive and real-time point of games. It should all be done in-engine, in real-time. They may have had an excuse for this more than a decade ago, but, they really don't these days.

• Like 1

You might as well release it so folks can beta test the textures.

Speaking of textures, I've something to point out regarding textures for the Ebon Hawk. I'll quote from my LucasForum thread about it.

The interiors of the Ebon Hawk in both KotOR and TSL suffer from both shader and UVW issues. Some examples follow:

33vnc7k.jpg

33lf7fo.jpg

sw7f3c.jpg

EbonHawkCleanedmodulesmoderror.jpg

Fallen Guardian also spotted a few issues.

2mi5kw0.jpg

2q0r19c.jpg

The parts he circled in Red are basically parts that are just not there. You can see right through them. Like, they're there on the texture, but not on the model in-game.

Finally JCarter426 reported this one:

swkotor22012-06-3022-14-26-53.jpg

Not sure if you can see it in the picture, but there's a slight crack that's especially obvious when the ship is in hyperspace.

As any mod that wants to improve/alter the interiors of the Ebon Hawk will have to deal with this UVW mapping issue, I'm making a modding request to correct these graphical issues.

Might you be able to deal these issues in your Ebon Hawk textures?

Any word on fixing these? 

What do you mean? Can't you release those fixes to the public?

Would you need that Fair Strides toolset or something?

Why not upload it here?

Cuz I'd need to get a screenshot! lol jk

I've changed 16 bytes in two files, it's not worth the trouble. You can upload it for me if you want to, though! Or anyone else for that matter!

How did you fix it Bead? Not gonna lie... I also fixed it lol

I'm just way lazier when it comes to releasing things... as we have observed throughout the years

Per your method of hex editing :) We talked about this, but I thought you never made it. Now that I know more about programming and stuff I could do it myself :)

So can other missing textures in both games be fixed like this or is that something else entirely?

Nope, this was a model geometry fix, those would need something else. It's for someone else to fix, you really don't want me anywhere around textures.

Per your method of hex editing :D We talked about this, but I thought you never made it. Now that I know more about programming and stuff I could do it myself :D

Ah good work, my friend!

• Like 1

Per your method of hex editing :D We talked about this, but I thought you never made it. Now that I know more about programming and stuff I could do it myself :D

Funny, don't recall having to fix that one with hex editing. Remember it just needing a little lateral thinking ;).

Anyway, took you guys long enough.

Funny, don't recall having to fix that one with hex editing. Remember it just needing a little lateral thinking ;).

Yet still managed to release it to the public before you did, how about that :P

Out of curiosity, how did you go about fixing it? The reason I went with the hex editing fix is because it literally was a mesh that was in the wrong place. Didn't have a texture applied, at least I don't think it did.

Out of curiosity, how did you go about fixing it? The reason I went with the hex editing fix is because it literally was a mesh that was in the wrong place. Didn't have a texture applied, at least I don't think it did.

How many Ebon Hawk models are there in the game?

How many Ebon Hawk models are there in the game?

I assume you mean the Interiors,

There's:

001EBO1-001EBO18 (Prologue)

002EBO and 002EBO2 (Not sure)

003EBOb-003EBOq (Ship used for most of the game)

For reference, 003EBOF has the mesh that clips through 003EBOp (the cockpit area)