Feel free to re-skin all the textures of the game; I however, have better things to do than create everything from scratch, especially for a texture that is only used TWICE in TSL as far as I can tell ;).

He said "re-skinning the texture", not every texture in the game. And "re-skin" does not mean "re-create", "re-do", or "create from scratch".

He said "re-skinning the texture", not every texture in the game. And "re-skin" does not mean "re-create", "re-do", or "create from scratch".

Wow, I think you've found your calling in life.

OK, so I guess I couldn't help but "re-skin" the texture anyway; it's just to ugly to look at, the original texture and model I mean. They shouldn't of used the only male Twilek to appear in the movies as the reference for all the Twileks in the game.

The first uses my original bump map texture, skin specular sheen appears more pourous -- bit hard to tell when not seen in-game.

k2_bumptest_03.jpg

The second one uses an alt bump map resulting in a more glossy uniform sheen to the skin -- again, hard to see when not in-game.

k2_bumptest_04.jpg

As for the re-skin part, I altered the shading to the forehead bumps along with some eyebrow elements.

Decided to do the alt textures for the (young-ish) male Twi'leks:

First is the blue...

k2_bumptest_05.jpg

Next is the orange...

k2_bumptest_06.jpg

Finally is the green again, albeit with some tweaks to make it more vibrant along with the others...

k2_bumptest_07.jpg

And this last one should show more clearly the bump-specular effect to the textures...

k2_bumptest_08.jpg

• Like 1

Spent some time doing the other male Twi'lek textures...

Orange skin -- originally Komad for K1:

twim_orange.jpg

Purple skin -- originally Xor from K1:

twim_purple.jpg

Red skin -- originally Zhar from K1:

twim_red.jpg

And the older male Twi'lek textures...

Yellow skin:

twim_oldyellow.jpg

Aqua(ish) skin:

twim_oldaqua.jpg

Lavender(ish) skin:

twim_oldlavender.jpg

That last one is actually based on one of the original textures in the game but I've decided to replace with the aqua skin instead; leaving this one as an alternative. I kind of like the tail coloring on the tails of the others, kind of like a change in appearance that happens with age. The lavender-grey to me seems like I could re-work it to create a Sith appearance instead.

Very sinister.

Thanks. Too bad the male Twi'lek voice is so the opposite of that; hands down, the worst voice to visual representation paring for the series IMO.

Every time one of the male Twi'leks in the game starts waffling on in that impotent and verging on aging-senility sumo-wrestler voice... I click as fast as I can  :on2long: .

Looks amazing. I have been following this mod for a while now and everything I see just makes me want more!

Since this mod is currently on hold, I was wondering if you considered releasing another preview version including what you have already completed.

And if you don't want to do that (which would be perfectly understandable), could you maybe release your Coruscant skybox as a seperate download? :D

This may have been deliberately unanswered - but I thought I might bump this question. I am especially excited for the skybox! 

After spending a hour reading this entire thread, there is some phenomenal work. I would be greatly disappointed, although understanding because IRL makes it hard, if it never got finished.

I have always liked other modders work, but this brings a whole new dimension to the 'vanilla' feel (which I liked when I played it 6 years ago), some 're-textures' can look a bit comical and out of place, so this mod is just amazeballs.

*insert whatever inspirational anecdote that might re kindle the passion*

This may have been deliberately unanswered - but I thought I might bump this question. I am especially excited for the skybox! 

After spending a hour reading this entire thread, there is some phenomenal work. I would be greatly disappointed, although understanding because IRL makes it hard, if it never got finished.

I have always liked other modders work, but this brings a whole new dimension to the 'vanilla' feel (which I liked when I played it 6 years ago), some 're-textures' can look a bit comical and out of place, so this mod is just amazeballs.

*insert whatever inspirational anecdote that might re kindle the passion*

Hmmm... Probably not :P

Though, seeing that some of you have discovered ReShade, I thought I might share some screens  of it using MasterEffect:

Outdoors with a combination of effects running that I like, with my tweaked settings, and, depth-of-field:

k2tslr_reshade_01.jpg

DOF has issues with the HUD elements as that is not part of the depth buffer, but, I think I can fix it so that it doesn't affect static UI elements  :sorcerer:

Another screen with all the bells and whistles (I like) on showing DOF indoors as well:

k2tslr_reshade_02.jpg

This one is a relatively good one for bloom and the lens flare/dirt effect:

k2tslr_reshade_03.jpg

This one shows a good example of Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO), with Kreia's hair casting a shadow on her body -- there are "issues" with SSAO like the white edging with the hood:

k2tslr_reshade_04.jpg

Another shot for bloom and lens flare/dirt, this is using a custom texture:

k2tslr_reshade_05.jpg

That's from a while ago, since then I've been busy creating my own custom selection of shaders from MasterEffect and SweetFX; along with some new stuff. SweetFX in particular people have issues getting to work with OpenGL and 32bit games, resulting in a black screen. So far what I have ported to my version works accept for SMAA -- but, I think I've an idea of what's going wrong  :Juggle:

Screens that have High Dynamic Range (HDR), Sharpen and Lens dirt -- this is my version that is not dependent upon the MasterEffect multi-pass bloom:

k2tslr_reshade_07.jpg

Better screen of the lens dirt effect, still a WIP as I think I can improve it more, but the idea is that most of the big lens "flares" are to the edges of the screen -- FYI: the snow is very bright due to the HDR and lack of corrective passes by other effects still to be ported:

k2tslr_reshade_08.jpg

The screens don't show everything, as I found that FXAA had almost nil positive effect and bloom was a little too much in combination with HDR -- especially without other corrective effects still to be ported.

EDIT: forgot to add that I brightened the screenshots as things look darker out of game; may affect things like contrasting details however.

Beautiful work. Love what you've done with the Restoration Zone!

Thanks for noticing!  :cheers:

Any news, SIC?

Well not any work to really show, or, at least not directly...  :shuriken:

Something I've been working on to get around some issues I'm having with models. Still early days.

wip_bintoascii.png

Oh man, so many great texture mods for these games, I can't even decide which to use. I am definitely adoring the extra detail on the character models.  

Thanks for noticing!  :cheers:

Well not any work to really show, or, at least not directly...  :shuriken:

Something I've been working on to get around some issues I'm having with models. Still early days.

wip_bintoascii.png

??? What could this be?

??? What could this be?

It's not that much for the moment. Got sick of the back and forth with MDLOps and other tools and decided to start making a replacement. So far all it does is read in the mdl model file and spit out text telling me what each byte essentially is; it accounts for EVERY byte, and the text conversion follows the file structure exactly. Both of which MDLOps doesn't do.

It's written in OOP C#.net, not Perl using binary regular expressions -- which I can't find any good info for freely via the web. The idea is that when I have mapped and accounted for every byte of the mdl & mdx files, that I will then model the required data structures in memory and write/read it out as an xml marked-up file. The editor will have some kind of editable xml data view tree, so that I can easily edit things like texture file names and other values rather than opening up the saved xml file via something like Notepad++.

When that all works, I'm going to then look into importing and exporting mesh/model data as either obj or fbx model files. Which means that you can edit models in whatever model program you like as long as it can open and save such files -- most can. There would be no need for NVMax scripts, which is part of the pipeline problem with editing model files.

Interesting. I'm keen to see what you come up with. I can't offer much help, not being a programmer, but I have bashed my head repeatedly against MDLOps for a while and have spent many a long hour hex editing models in a trial and error manner, for whatever that might be worth.

Well, it's been a while, longer than I had intended. So, without further delay here are some screens of my latest work retexturing the Peragus mining facility...

k2_00197.jpg

k2_00158.jpg

k2_00199.jpg

k2_00160.jpg

k2_00198.jpg

k2_00159.jpg

k2_00200.jpg

k2_00161.jpg

k2_00201.jpg

k2_00162.jpg

k2_00202.jpg

k2_00163.jpg

k2_00203.jpg

k2_00164.jpg

sir, Would you please give me a download link?