Sign in to follow this  
Tricky

Mods that lower the prestige class level requirement?

I was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of mods that lower the minimum level requirement (14?) for the prestige classes. You see, I was thinking of creating a Jedi character that tries to avoid combat whenever he can, through use of stealth and in particular the Jedi Mind Trick and Beast Trick.

However, I'm afraid my eventual level will be so low that I might only gain one or two prestige class levels before finishing the game. Perhaps even none at all. A mod that lowers the level requirement would solve this. Is anyone here familiar with such a mod?

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone ever tried to play through the game this way, avoiding combat wherever possible.

Edited by Tricky

From what I gather, just open Kreia.dlg in the editor and change "c_pc_prestige" from 15 25 75 to whatever values you wish (first level, 2nd and 3rd alignments).

It's tk102's dialog editor, that can be found here, under 'dialog/sound editing':

StarWarsKnights.com - Knights of the Old Republic - Kotor TSL - The Sith Lords

Find the node that plays when kreia tells you about increasing your training, and you'll see under 'condition' or whatever: 'c_pc_prestige', then 15 25 75 0 0.

This probably means that you can get the class if your level > 15 and your alignment > 75 or < 25.

Changing the numbers to 10 50 50 should give you the dialog at level 10, no matter what alignment you have =P

I hope I have interpreted hassat's post correctly..

Yeah, although then you probably want to do more tweaks since it only gives the LS paths for 75+ alignment, so a "neutral" Jedi would become Sith.

I'm not sure how good an idea it is, to lower this requirement. The non-prestige classes get certain bonuses too, for instance Jedi Guardian Master Force Jump requires a level 12 Guardian. I'm not sure if you'd be able to get that if you switched classes before getting it.

The vanilla requirement is level 15, which is easy enough to get. I get it on my first planet after Telos.

Too true. My previously mentioned RP 'moral code' won't really stop me from destroying things on the Peragus Facility, since there will be only droids there. You don't really have the opportunity to avoid a lot of actual killing until you reach first the Telos surface. In all likelihood my level will be quite close to 15 by the time I am finished with Telos too.

Hm, this puts things into perspective. Thanks for reminding me. :P

Also, if avoiding fighting leaves your character weaker, isn't it only as it should be? :P After all, as Kreia teaches us, it is through confrontation and conflict that we grow.

On a more serious note, this is a large part of why this game is not -quite- as awesome as Planescape:Torment.

Guest DH-010
(..)

This probably means that you can get the class if your level > 15 and your alignment > 75 or < 25.

Changing the numbers to 10 50 50 should give you the dialog at level 10, no matter what alignment you have =P

I hope I have interpreted hassat's post correctly..

Yeah, although then you probably want to do more tweaks since it only gives the LS paths for 75+ alignment, so a "neutral" Jedi would become Sith.

What would happen if you changed it to say 10 40 40?

Wouldn't that make it so a neutral character becomes a Jedi prestige class?

Don't know anything about things like this though.... :P

Also, if avoiding fighting leaves your character weaker, isn't it only as it should be? :P After all, as Kreia teaches us, it is through confrontation and conflict that we grow.

On a more serious note, this is a large part of why this game is not -quite- as awesome as Planescape:Torment.

Heh. I created a topic about pacifism at the ST TOR forums, and someone said the same thing. Non-violence is underappreciated. And I *have* to get PST to run on this machine one of these days. ;)

What would happen if you changed it to say 10 40 40?

Wouldn't that make it so a neutral character becomes a Jedi prestige class?

Don't know anything about things like this though.... :P

Actually, I think 15 25 75 means that you get a jedi prestige class if your level is 15+ and alignment 75+, while you get a sith prestige class if your level is 15+ but alignment is 25-. 10 50 50 would then mean that if you're above 50=jedi, if below 50=sith. The same for 10 40 40.

Actually, I think 15 25 75 means that you get a jedi prestige class if your level is 15+ and alignment 75+, while you get a sith prestige class if your level is 15+ but alignment is 25-. 10 50 50 would then mean that if you're above 50=jedi, if below 50=sith. The same for 10 40 40.

Incorrect, actually.

10 50 50 means only that you'll be able to get prestige class when you're level 10, alignment over 50 or below 50 (meaning no matter what alignment).

There's another check few lines later that checks out your alignment again (script c_ac_align_gt P1 74). That means if yours alignment is 74+ you'll get Jedi class, otherwise (alignment -74) you get Sith class.

In short: the first check that allows you to get prestige class has nothing to do with whether it's Sith or Jedi class.

Ah, so that's how it goes (I haven't checked the .dlg). In that case just changing the second alignment check parameter to 50 would make it work then. =)

Guest GarfieldJL

Not a good idea to lower level requirement, because if I remember correctly, you do not get maxed out base class abilities until you are at least lvl 12. So for instance Consular would not get Master Force Focus. Not sure if that is hardwired into the game as far as that ability, however when you change classes you no longer get to rank up the class specific abilities like Force Focus, you still have the ones you had before changing classes however you can't rank them up any higher.