Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with M4-78EP

Well, no fuel for Telos...

a70c278d75d1t.jpg

I see we need to battle with this forum engine... Oh. 

Has it been mentioned that if you fight with Master Vash (before going to deal with Kavar in the second phase of Onderon; the other Jedi Masters are dead) you learn Juyo instead of Niman? And that bugs out the Kavar battle on Onderon? (wrong dialogue)

i have a problem: after re-installing TSL and installing 1.8.2 and M4-78 (keeping previous saves), my character turned into a droid. help? i don't have any other mods installed.

i have a problem: after re-installing TSL and installing 1.8.2 and M4-78 (keeping previous saves), my character turned into a droid. help? i don't have any other mods installed.

You might want to check what appearance line the character is using. You can do so with KSE. Were you using a head mod previously?

yea before i did the whole installation process all over again i used the EP 3 Anakin Skywalker head by DeadMan, but it also shifted the camera view (for my character only) to be pretty low

yea before i did the whole installation process all over again i used the EP 3 Anakin Skywalker head by DeadMan, but it also shifted the camera view (for my character only) to be pretty low

The camera view isn't an issue at all, since that is obviously a different 2da file which TSLRCM or M4-78EP doesn't change. So changing the head that character uses with KSE should fix the problem. You'll also have to change the portait too. There might be other issues though, depending on how far into the game you are with that save.

i did what you said on KSE with changing the appearance and it worked! i didn't have to change the portrait. thank you!

I'm having a problem. After I installed M47-8 EP, the hyperspace window (when escaping Peragus) has changed to spirals of white and blue instead of the smooth blend of blueish clouds. What gives?

^ I have also had this problem, sometimes just after installing TSLRCM, not even M4-78EP.

It's only M4-78EP specific.

So if it's for you on TSLRCM some M4 files still linger around.

is there a way to replace this new effect with the old one? this one just doesnt seem to fit

It's possible, yes, but it would break a view outside of Ebon Hawk's cockpit window on M4-78.

Or alternatively, the hyperspace wouldn't be animated.

Looking into it, no promises.

not a big deal, just wanted to know if it was intentional and not by gfx buggin out. If you do find a way to replace it without breaking the game, that would be sweet.

Guest Axl Dave

I've been having a problem with loading saved games that seems to be related to installing M4-78.  The load bar gets to about 25%/33% and then everything freezes.  If I then press Alt+F4, the Kotor2 box comes up asking if I really want to quit.  Pressing OK closes the game entirely, Cancel returns me to limbo.

First time around, I installed (in order) 4x disc Game, Patch 10a, Patch 10b, TSLRCM 182, other mods, and finally M4.  This is when I first noticed the problem as I installed M4 a little later into the game.

I then did a completely clean uninstall, config & save files as well, then went into the KOTOR2 folder and manually deleted everything that was left over.  I then reinstalled (in order) 4x disc Game, Patch 10a, Patch 10b, TSLRCM 182, M4, and finally other mods.  Yet the problem still persisted...

I tested the second install by starting a new game, saving at the beginning of the Prologue, skipping the Prologue and then saving again at the beginning of Peragus.  Neither save would load from in-game, main menu, or fresh restart.  After uninstalling M4, the background image for the launcher window disappeared but I was able to start the game with the swkotor2.exe, and loading a saved game then worked.

My other mods are as follows:

- Bao Dur wears Jedi robes

- Mandalore can change helmet & armour

- Remote Unlimited
- Kreia's mechanical hand

- Feats faster + wrist rockets (feat.2da)

- Feats gain (featgain.2da)

- Electromesh robes

- Armour has no force restrictions

- Planet reskins - Dantooine; Dxun; Korriban; Malachor V; Nar-Shaddaa; Onderon; Telos; Ravager; Placeables

- HD movie reskins

- a couple of armour reskins

- some character and item utc/uti edits

What could be the problem?  A mod clash? As no one else seems to have had this problem, it is unlikely it is an issue with the mod itself - but as the issue only occurs when I have M4 installed, it must be related somehow...

[EDIT] As requested, links to all the other mods except the last two, because I did the utc/uti edits myself and the armour reskin was very kindly done by Malkior

Axl Dave, could you update your last post to include links to where you downloaded these mods? It's hard to make a judgment call if we haven't seen the contents.

Guest Axl Dave

No, it's not like the problem other people have described. I see the loading image and everything fine, the load bar shoots up to 25%/33% (my computer is fairly new) but then freezes and does nothing. I left it a couple of times for about 15 minutes and nothing had changed. The only thing I can do is Alt+F4. Ctrl+Alt+Del may also work, but that's my next resort if Alt+F4 fails so I never had to try it.

[bUMP] Any ideas what's causing this?  If it helps my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.  Would it hurt to patch that mblahblah.dll file, even if I don't actually need to?

Guest Axl Dave

It appears I am unable to load any save with M4 installed.

Guest Axl Dave

Nothing looks odd, it just stops loading and won't do anything til I force close it.  Gonna try another fresh install, see what happens then.

Hello,

I have a crash on Koriban when I am in the secret temple after the cut scene with Malak.

I can t go to the hall where there are many. The game stop working. A windows message appears.

I use windows 7 and Star Wars Knights of the old Republic II Collection, and I have just TLSRM end M4 78 mods installed.  

Hey there. I killed all the other Masters before Vash, and I killed myse- err, I killed Kaah. When I talk to Vash and choose to let her live, the "Lost Jedi" journal entry doesn't update (neither does the Bonus Mission: Recent Events on M4-78) and the door to M4-78's main chamber remains locked.

Here's my global.jrl: http://www.mediafire.com/download/slx097anu30tzjv/global.jrl

Other major mods installed:

TSLRCM 1.8.2 (obviously)

NewbieModder's Korriban Expansion

DeathDisco's Jedi Temple

An undisclosed beta that involved changing journal entries and modules in the tomb on Korriban

Full Force Mod

Kreia's Assorted Robes