Sign in to follow this  
Clockwork_DC

Disciple & Handmaiden

I know that this was discussed at the start of the requests thread, but did anyone manage to get a mod working to have the Handmaiden and Disciple in the party together ( for TSLRCM obviously ) ?

Guest R2-X2

Wouldn't it be possible to have on of them replace another party member, such as Goto, who is the least used party member if I recall correctly? Or do they use the same globals/booleans and would overwrite each other?

Wouldn't it be possible to have on of them replace another party member, such as G0-T0, who is the least used party member if I recall correctly? Or do they use the same globals/booleans and would overwrite each other?

And lose out out on all of the wonderful dialogue that G0-T0 has? Eeek!

Would it be feasible to make Disciple a puppet to Handmaiden (or vice versa depending on the Exile's gender) to have them both appear in the scene? The main issue I could see happening is when Disciple and Handmaiden have similar lines. (For example, the both say something the lines of "Atton, I believe that may be a trap" when Visquis invites the Exile to to come to Jekk Jekk Tarr alone.) For those types of lines, can the dialogue tree support the line being delivered either by influence or character gender? I suppose a lot of work on the dialogue tree would have to be done with this method or the one above.

Also, how would the character romance options take place? When Mira gives her "bounty" talk to both Visas and Handmaiden, is the Disciple going to be in the background? When Disciple and Atton have their on-board private discussions, will Handmaiden be lurking behind Disciple?

Guest R2-X2

And lose out out on all of the wonderful dialogue that G0-T0 has? Eeek!

I just took him because - as far as I know - he is the least liked party member of both games. ;)

I think allowing both to stay in the party would be better, but your solution seems easier to do. Anyway, I just wanted to ask the technical question. I have no means to do such a mod, as I neither have the time nor the knowledge. Anymore. I don't think I'll get my hands on TSL in a while.

PS:

G0-T0 had got...to go

This made me laugh.

If you want to make Disciple replace G0-T0 you need to make game-wise Disciple Goto.

And thus change any instance of "Disciple" to Goto. And remove Goto's entries to prevent Disciple to say Goto's lines.

You would need to modify almost every module, almost half the files TSLRCM does. Make every single other mod incompatible.

Needless to say, no-one has ever been crazy enough to do so.

• Like 2