Sign in to follow this  
morninboner

KotOR2 High Quality Movies Patch

According to Lendog from KotORFiles,

A lot of you are complaining the movie patch doesn't work and still showing low-res movies. Here is the problem, the movies files that are high res are 1600x680 or 1600x1200, widescreen movie, if your monitor does not support these resolutions, the in-game Bink player defaults to the original size.

My monitor doesn't support these resolutions, so I decided to resize the movies to a resolution that should be handled by most monitors, the quality is still not there, three things determine quality in audio/video, source, processor, output, if the source is bad, doesnt matter about the processor or output(monitor), it will still look like crap.

...so that might be a thing.

According to Lendog from KotORFiles,

...so that might be a thing.

well thank you there. =) i guess that might be a problem... =(

Yeah. :/ Too bad I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe try playing the game at a slightly lower resolution?

Yeah. :/ Too bad I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe try playing the game at a slightly lower resolution?

Well my monitor resolution is 1680X1050... And I am still playing kotor1,2 with an in-game resolution of 1024x768...

And I tried everything that I could. For example . . . I found a pirate version of kotor2 which has no movies at all, and after patch, it still wont show up in HQ... I also tried many other manipulations but I forgot already most of them... Sorry for my bad English.