Sign in to follow this  
kyrie

USM Compatibility Patch

Can anyone think of any mods that they would like to be made compatible with tslrcm? I am trying to get some ideas, I have alot of time on my hands and would like to try to do this.

Can anyone think of any mods that they would like to be made compatible with TSLRCM? I am trying to get some ideas. I have a lot of time on my hands and would like to try to do this.

USM

I was afraid someone would ask for that, but I am willing to give it a shot. I may need, uncompiled tslrcm scripts. Does anyone have the uncompiled scripts for the first tslrcm compatibility patch?

Will I have to get the original uncompiled scripts for the USM patch from stoney?

You're probably better off recreating the patch from scratch, no? If not, send Stoney a PM.

You're probably better off recreating the patch from scratch, no? If not, send Stoney a PM.

I probably will recreate from scratch but it would be nice to get an idea of how he got it to work.

Sorry for double post but would anyone be interested in helping with this if I am in need?

It would be useful to have Remote tells influence back for TSLRCM 1.8. Also, Workbench crystal attunement doesn't work anymore, am I right? (don't rememeber choose hanharr or mira, never tried it, always thought it was great though since i prefer hanharr)

It would be useful to have Remote tells influence back for TSLRCM 1.8. Also, Workbench crystal attunement doesn't work anymore, am I right? (don't rememeber choose hanharr or mira, never tried it, always thought it was great though since i prefer hanharr)

the workbench crystal attunement still works I used it my last playthrough with 1.8, haven't tried it with 1.8.1 yet. I have decided to tackle USM compatibility first before I tackle anything else, the remote tells influence should be compatible still afaik it's on this compatibility list (HH or SH might be able to answer this better than I thou), if not I may fix it when I get irritated with usm compatibility patch. Before anyone asks it will be compatible with M4-78EP, I will be getting what I need to make this happen.

As you can see by the title I am working on making a new USM compatibility patch for TSLRCM. It will be work with M4-78EP before anyone asks. Thoughts, suggestions?

the workbench crystal attunement still works I used it my last playthrough with 1.8, haven't tried it with 1.8.1 yet. I have decided to tackle USM compatibility first before I tackle anything else, the remote tells influence should be compatible still afaik it's on this compatibility list (HH or SH might be able to answer this better than I thou), if not I may fix it when I get irritated with usm compatibility patch. Before anyone asks it will be compatible with M4-78EP, I will be getting what I need to make this happen.

As far as I remember(been awhile since messing with any of this) all the scripts should be fine from the last usm patch the biggest issue is the dlgs. All the dlgs for party members were updated/changed for 1.8 so all would need to be re-done to add in the usm stuff.

Well, there is the big gameending bug on Malachor with the black screen. Something should be done there too.

And probably a dozen other areas that 1.5 (or was it 6?) didn't change, while 1.8.1 now does...

Yeah, don't think just dlg updating cuts it.

As you can see by the title I am working on making a new USM compatibility patch for TSLRCM. It will be work with M4-78EP before anyone asks. Thoughts, suggestions?

Good luck. You'll need it.

Just be patient when going through the dlgs they can get very frustrating. :censored: and you'll be fine.

I am willing to put in the time and learn what needs to be done I just might need some tips from time to time

Edit: On a side note can you merge the start of the discussion about USM Patch with the tread I created in WIP?

Edit: On a side note can you merge the start of the discussion about USM Patch with the tread I created in WIP?

Done.

Well, there is the big gameending bug on Malachor with the black screen. Something should be done there too.

And probably a dozen other areas that 1.5 (or was it 6?) didn't change, while 1.8.1 now does...

Yeah, don't think just dlg updating cuts it.

any on-enter script modified for 1.8 just needs to be renamed to old_"scriptname".ncs but yes there was a malachor issue but usm didn't supply the needed script to be re-written and it wouldn't decompile so the only fix is to remove the effected script. (no I don't remeber which one :eek: )

I noticed there is an unused source script in USM that checks your inventory to see if you have any of USM's crystals (c_have_usmsbr.nss). Possible issue? real_dj_not_tar_com.nss unused also? only 2 scripts that I can't decompile are a_sion_cut and a_sion_cut2