Darth_Sapiens

TSL Jedi / Sith Armor

Hi guys, I decided I'm going to make a new skin similar to this mod. but instead of

just re-coloring vanilla textures, I'm going to take a more varied approach.

Here is what I have so far: post-9663-0-97769300-1352192020_thumb.jpg post-9663-0-10926700-1352192022_thumb.jpg post-9663-0-18130700-1352192023_thumb.jpg post-9663-0-01669600-1352192041_thumb.jpg

Nice! The back looks really good, but the front could use more fabric-like details.

@mod: can you please fix my threads name? (it's jedi not jeid lol)

@everyone else: thanks for the input, ill have new shots up this evening.

Nice! The detail looks very cool, kind of a machine-cloth fusion theme goin' on there.

i dont like the bicep plates that much so i think either they are going to go or they will be modified depending on how it looks

LOL yeah . . . some times the hard part when you completely redo skins is getting inspiration. For me, I really like to stick to Star Wars themes for it - so it can be tough. (Though I recently developed several useful photoshop techniques, which allow me to bypass the cursed uvmaps somewhat and "paint" directly on the model.) It does require a modeling tool other than gmax though, you need an obj file. I can find a high res photo take it, cut out the part I want, manipulate it and finally apply it to the model seamlessly. Photoshop also makes it super easy to blend those nasty seams that can occur when you skin. I think I will make a tutorial eventually for it. Anyway,if you see any cool ideas for a skin let me know.

Right now I'm trying to have a Prestige-class/Jedi-civil-war/Mandalorian Wars/Jedi vs Sith/TOR feel. Complex but pretty much any cool idea is welcome. :)