Darth_Sapiens

MOD:G0-T0 Overhaul

G0-T0 Overhaul

READ THIS OR ELSE|V||V|
You must have TSLRCM 1.8.4 installed BEFORE this mod!
You also should use a save from before you go to Nar Shaddaa.
READ THIS OR ELSE|ヘ||ヘ|
========================================================
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: (THE SITH LORDS) MODIFICATION
========================================================
G0-T0 Overhaul V1.2

Author: Darth Sapiens (dr.nordgren@ymail.com)
Name: G0T0 Overhaul

1. Description:
----------
This mod does what it says - overhauls G0-T0 to be more interesting, adding melee capabilities and a brand new model. This mod also includes a few new items, creatable at the workbench (with a high enough repair skill) and also they come with g0-t0.
Hopefully this mod is balanced (it's my first mod, so I'm still learning the ropes).

2. Install:
----------/
(It is highly recommended that you update your game to version 2.10 (the 1.0b update) before installing this mod.)
Run "Install G0T0 Overhaul.exe".
Note: a new folder named "backup" will be created during the installation within the folder the installer was run from. If you plan on uninstalling this mod, this folder and the files therein must not be deleted as they are used during the uninstall process.
Note from Fair Strides:
Not all of the options need to be done. All of them have descriptions to help you choose.
For a quick bit of info, "required" ones are options 1, 2, 8, and 9. You will also need Option 4 OR Option 6, depending on whether you have the NPC Overhaul mod by Kainzorus Prime installed, so please read those descriptions and pick the right option!
Options 3, 5, and 7 are entirely optional and in keeping with Darth Sapiens's original layout.

3. Uninstall: dont bug me about this, ever XD
----------/
Backups of any files that have been altered were made during installation and placed in a folder called "backup" within the folder the installer was run from.
-1. Replace the modified ones with the originals
-2. Delete the g0t0 folder inside your override
-3. Replace the sound files and delete the .mp3's added

4. Bugs:
----------/
There are no known issues that will develop as a result of installing this mod properly.
Other than a small currently unfixable animation problem... :(

6. Distribution Notes:
----------/
If i ever disappear, you can (unless specified otherwise) reupload to any site as long as credit is given and the readme is unaltered. If I'm gone try to contact me before you release a new mod based on mine. If you can't get a hold of me, then carry on; just give me and my co-modders credit.

7. Thanks:
----------/
Deadman - model tweaking and rigging
neomarz1 - his work inspired me to mod, and he allowed me to use parts of his work.
Sith Holocron - critiscism (good stuff though)
Fair Strides - 1.2 overhaul and patching
and my beta testers - Jaden Korr and Nsinger998
and my 1.2 beta testers - Fair Strides, djh269, and Malkior!
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Reporting a bug. When you look at the party screen, you should be able to see G0-T0. Instead, all I can see is its legs (and not even up to the knees...). So that's that.

Addendum: my game might be corrupted. It seems your mod installed in a subfolder within override. I will try to find what seem to be the problem...

I think I have found the conflict. Did you test your mod with M4-78EP?

Edited by MrPhil

Has anyone had any issues using this with TSLRCM 1.8.3? As long as Darth_Sapiens is back on Deadly Stream, why not make certain everything is up to date?

Oh wow guys. Yeah, I'll check everything out and see if I can/need to make a patch :D

It might be a little while though. Thanks for the support, guys! 

• Like 1

Decided to download the file to check...

1) Why is changeedit.exe included in the download? 0_o

2) I have no idea why there's a StreamVoice and streamvoice listed in the changes.ini

3) Pretty much everything is patched with the TSLPatcher, so in first sight it looks absolutely fine for 1.8.3. Only one that might not be in Goto.dlg, but I never really understood TSLPatcher's way with it. But since it got changed between versions, I can't guarantee the Replies and Entries are still correct, though most probably they will be...

Decided to download the file to check...

1) Why is changeedit.exe included in the download? 0_o

2) I have no idea why there's a StreamVoice and streamvoice listed in the changes.ini

3) Pretty much everything is patched with the TSLPatcher, so in first sight it looks absolutely fine for 1.8.3. Only one that might not be in Goto.dlg, but I never really understood TSLPatcher's way with it. But since it got changed between versions, I can't guarantee the Replies and Entries are still correct, though most probably they will be...

i forgot to take out changedit, lol. the voice and dlg edit's are for splicing/editing a line where he refers to himself as floating. theoretically the dlg is the only incompatibility, and really its cause the patcher can't modify strings and an only appends them to the tlk.

Wow no post in here for quite a while.

Huuuuuge bug with this mod. After the remote finds the 4th terminal on malachor and bao-dur's recording plays, nothing happens afterwards. I still control the remote, and as such found GOTO standing there doing nothing. I can't even get him to fire the script.

Wow no post in here for quite a while.

Huuuuuge bug with this mod. After the remote finds the 4th terminal on malachor and bao-dur's recording plays, nothing happens afterwards. I still control the remote, and as such found GOTO standing there doing nothing. I can't even get him to fire the script.

Yes, this was why the mod was pulled originally. It was mistakenly re-approved before I could upload the patch.

I will do that as soon as I hear back on some file from the creators of TSLRCM.

Ok, will I still be able to proceed with the save file I have?

You will most likely need a save from before that scene starts. If that doesn't work, I could still take a look at your save and try to fix it.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:32 PM
Yeah I have my quicksave set before the remote touches the console, and if that doesn't work I got my other save which is right before the exile marches into the academy
Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:36 AM
Hmm getting this when using the "901 cutscene" install option

• Patch operation started 10/13/2015 9:33:40 PM...
• Error: No RowIndex/RowLabel identifier for row to modify found at top of modifier list! Unable to apply modifier "appearance_row_ds_g0t0_0".
• Updated 2DA file G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\override\appearance.2da.
• Modifying GFF format files...
• Error: Invalid file version. Loaded file is not in GFF V3.2 format! (GFF-1)

Do I even need to do this or is it fine with the main thing? I'm updating from 1.0 by the way.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:32 PM

Yeah I have my quicksave set before the remote touches the console, and if that doesn't work I got my other save which is right before the exile marches into the academy

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:36 AM

Hmm getting this when using the "901 cutscene" install option

• Patch operation started 10/13/2015 9:33:40 PM...

• Error: No RowIndex/RowLabel identifier for row to modify found at top of modifier list! Unable to apply modifier "appearance_row_ds_g0t0_0".

• Updated 2DA file G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\override\appearance.2da.

• Modifying GFF format files...

• Error: Invalid file version. Loaded file is not in GFF V3.2 format! (GFF-1)

Do I even need to do this or is it fine with the main thing? I'm updating from 1.0 by the way.

Try going into the 901MAL folder and opening the changes.ini file. Then search for "ChangeRow0" and change it to "AddRow0" and see if that works.

Did you have any issues with the 352Nar one?

Yeah, exact same issue.

And that still didn't make a difference :(

EDIT: wait it did, just edited the wrong changes file.

however, on the second window it still says appearance.2da while I think it's referring to GOTO's gff file and I still get the same issue

• Patch operation started 10/13/2015 10:36:01 PM... • Updated 2DA file G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\override\appearance.2da. • Modifying GFF format files... • Error: Invalid file version. Loaded file is not in GFF V3.2 format! (GFF-1)

So could I just edit the MOD file and replace the gff in there with this one in ERF edit instead of using tslpatcher for it?

Edited by Fair Strides

Well I tested it last night, and it still hasn't made a difference. GOTO still just stands there and the cutscene ends after the hologram fades. I think this is an NCS/NSS problem, and yet I didn't see a file for it in that folder...

Well I tested it last night, and it still hasn't made a difference. GOTO still just stands there and the cutscene ends after the hologram fades. I think this is an NCS/NSS problem, and yet I didn't see a file for it in that folder...

Do you have M4-78 installed?

If so, I do not know if it affects the end-game, but can you provide a save from before activating the last console so I can test things out?

Just of curiosity, what other mods besides TSLRCM and M4-78 EP do you have installed? (Links to the mods would be helpful.)

Lot of Texture Mods, doubt that affects it other than TSLRCM and M4-78

VP Handsister fix

Peragus Tweak

Bao-Dur Jedi Robes

Weapon Model Overhaul and Blaster Pistol Enhancement

2k Sion, T3M4, and Nihilus

Achilles TSLRCM Robes

Party XP bug fix

TOR HK droids

Sion Force Power

Not much else that would affect the specific module, maybe the party xp bug fix is affecting it?

Hi, 

There seems to be an issue with the p_g0t001.utc file.

I played mod this with a bunch of texture mods, TSLRCM 1.8.4 and the newest M4-78 and this mod, basically the whole scene where you talk to the whole group of bounty doesn't start, and you're in a weird room with a white map and you can't do anything lol. The issue I believe lies in the Scripts OnDialogue, it is stated as: k_hen_g0t0dlg, but I replaced it with the original UTC file script: k_hen_dialogue01. I also changed the Tag and the Conversation parts to: G0T0Temp rather than just plain: g0t0. It fixed the issue :)

Many thanks, 

djh269

Well, the problem with it still needs to be solved with the TSL patcher, it's complicated AF to get this baby working, and now i'm getting broken games because of the nar shadaa thing not triggering now

I'm thinking I'll have to re-structure the original mod installation (I've tried to avoid doing that), since I've noticed that the file in the override might have conflicts with other occurrences, so I'll need to make sure all .utc edits are in their own little modules.