Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

In-depth; Some fixes for 1.6

Sure, everyone saw the huge changelog for 1.5-1.6, but maybe with a few examples here it becomes clear how much broken stuff was still in KOTOR2. Obviously this is just a portion of fixes, much more was fixed inbetween 1.5 and 1.6. And who knows, you might learn of some restored content you hadn't heard yet :).

* Handmaiden, Mandalore and X lines lacks Revangender check, disrepency not due to lacking VO.

* One of Mandalore's Revan gender checks used to check the PC's gender.

* The HK-47 Pacifist Package convo on the Ebon Hawk now includes the part with T3.

* Modified requirement for Atton dialogue about Mira, so it would run even if you talked to Mira after she got angry (which 95% of the players probably does).

* Kreia: Fixes an issue with the Hanharr lesson not being re-accessable if not yet completed, or not accessable if you broke Hanharr (which is possible again btw, as it got broken by TSLRCM pre-1.6).

* Fixes complete silence during Hanharr's introduction of Onderon (if you took him there).

* Fixed Swoop champion mention without being swoop champion on Onderon.

* Fixes the issue where Kiph (Onderon) would still set traps against you, even dead on the DS-path.

* Added some missing [Persuade, lie] options to Geriel (NS) to have him kill himself, where there was only the original [Persuade] which would not appear with more than 15 Treat Injury.

* Added check to Kreia skill lesson so you cannot do it and the second sight lesson until you turn level 15, as was intended (but it only set it when doing the second sight lesson, so you could still do both in vanilla if doing the skill lesson first)

* Restored post-Visas training line in main questionary (not somewhat hidden away) and fixed several lines.

* Fixed not being able to swap T3 for IT-31, as you should be able to do.

* Restored "PC does evil deeds" line for Bao-Dur and Kreia that were bugged out.

* Fixed a bug that prevented the player to gain more than 1 +INF hit for Mandalore doing random DS acts. It's now possible an infinite amount of times, like all other characters.

* Restored a missing +INF response for Hanharr if you did a particular cunning DS act.

* The Ithorian's Plant Awareness check actually requires Awareness now.

* Same with the Security check requiring Security now.

* 3rd: Switched around the requirements for the [Persuade/Lie] options (since it makes little sense it needs 4 persuasion to succeed but 8 to appear!).

* Restored Chodo Habat persuasion check for the Batono missing and some line with Bao-Dur if you return from Telos.

* You can now start all secondary Grenn quests even if you did Telos. This was impossible for all bounties (if you haven't asked about them before leaving), the Fuel Quest, and the Smuggling (LS variation). Made some modifications to exclude the escaped criminals in that case, though...

* Convincing the Ithorian in the Ithorians deck (DS Smuggling quest) now requires persude check instead of automatically succeeding.

* Restored/fixed asking the controller of the Ithorian bay about the Protype Shield if above mentioned quest was running.

* Restored T3 lines about HK-47 in the cargohold.

* Fixed the issue with the Disciple check failing even with full INF.

* Made Vossk first line unskippable to make it less likely (but not impossible) for the player to leave too early and break the script, spawning the Mira/Hanharr/Twin Suns clones in 301NAR.

* Fixed the thugs threatening Rutum (NS) being left behind if you pay the creds.

* Fixed 2 banters about Geriel checking for the wrong quest, 2 banters about the Adana quest and made it possible for the "despair" banter to run at all.

* Restored a few additional opening lines for Harra (Telos).

* Restored a line for the droid at the docks (Telos) when being B1

* Fixed a few (skill related) issues with the terminal of Lopak Sluks (Telos)

And many, many, MANY more.

So I don't understand why some would prefer 1.5 or hell, even 1.4 over 1.6... anyone?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

Guest staticjoe66

Hassat Hunter one little "thing/bug" I've experienced is on the Ravager my Exile--male or female--goes immediately with Visas and Mandalore, not meeting up with them later to beat down Nihilus. At first I thought it could be a mod conflict but in my last 2 playthroughs I have installed no mods which modify Telos and/or Ravager--the one variable in that is I installed the updated dialogue.tlk from the old deadlystream site so I'm wondering if that's the issue...

Sure, everyone saw the huge changelog for 1.5-1.6, but maybe with a few examples here it becomes clear how much broken stuff was still in KOTOR2. Obviously this is just a portion of fixes, much more was fixed inbetween 1.5 and 1.6. And who knows, you might learn of some restored content you hadn't heard yet :).

* Handmaiden, Mandalore and X lines lacks Revangender check, disrepency not due to lacking VO.

* One of Mandalore's Revan gender checks used to check the PC's gender.

* The HK-47 Pacifist Package convo on the Ebon Hawk now includes the part with T3.

* Modified requirement for Atton dialogue about Mira, so it would run even if you talked to Mira after she got angry (which 95% of the players probably does).

* Kreia: Fixes an issue with the Hanharr lesson not being re-accessable if not yet completed, or not accessable if you broke Hanharr (which is possible again btw, as it got broken by TSLRCM pre-1.6).

* Fixes complete silence during Hanharr's introduction of Onderon (if you took him there).

* Fixed Swoop champion mention without being swoop champion on Onderon.

* Fixes the issue where Kiph (Onderon) would still set traps against you, even dead on the DS-path.

* Added some missing [Persuade, lie] options to Geriel (NS) to have him kill himself, where there was only the original [Persuade] which would not appear with more than 15 Treat Injury.

* Added check to Kreia skill lesson so you cannot do it and the second sight lesson until you turn level 15, as was intended (but it only set it when doing the second sight lesson, so you could still do both in vanilla if doing the skill lesson first)

* Restored post-Visas training line in main questionary (not somewhat hidden away) and fixed several lines.

* Fixed not being able to swap T3 for IT-31, as you should be able to do.

* Restored "PC does evil deeds" line for Bao-Dur and Kreia that were bugged out.

* Fixed a bug that prevented the player to gain more than 1 +INF hit for Mandalore doing random DS acts. It's now possible an infinite amount of times, like all other characters.

* Restored a missing +INF response for Hanharr if you did a particular cunning DS act.

* The Ithorian's Plant Awareness check actually requires Awareness now.

* Same with the Security check requiring Security now.

* 3rd: Switched around the requirements for the [Persuade/Lie] options (since it makes little sense it needs 4 persuasion to succeed but 8 to appear!).

* Restored Chodo Habat persuasion check for the Batono missing and some line with Bao-Dur if you return from Telos.

* You can now start all secondary Grenn quests even if you did Telos. This was impossible for all bounties (if you haven't asked about them before leaving), the Fuel Quest, and the Smuggling (LS variation). Made some modifications to exclude the escaped criminals in that case, though...

* Convincing the Ithorian in the Ithorians deck (DS Smuggling quest) now requires persude check instead of automatically succeeding.

* Restored/fixed asking the controller of the Ithorian bay about the Protype Shield if above mentioned quest was running.

* Restored T3 lines about HK-47 in the cargohold.

* Fixed the issue with the Disciple check failing even with full INF.

* Made Vossk first line unskippable to make it less likely (but not impossible) for the player to leave too early and break the script, spawning the Mira/Hanharr/Twin Suns clones in 301NAR.

* Fixed the thugs threatening Rutum (NS) being left behind if you pay the creds.

* Fixed 2 banters about Geriel checking for the wrong quest, 2 banters about the Adana quest and made it possible for the "despair" banter to run at all.

* Restored a few additional opening lines for Harra (Telos).

* Restored a line for the droid at the docks (Telos) when being B1

* Fixed a few (skill related) issues with the terminal of Lopak Sluks (Telos)

And many, many, MANY more.

So I don't understand why some would prefer 1.5 or hell, even 1.4 over 1.6... anyone?

Ehm, what exactly is the issue?

That's kind of the intended behavior.

If you want differently you gotta get Zbyl's Ravager Re-write mod. That's not part of TSLRCM though.

If you want differently you gotta get Zbyl's Ravager Re-write mod. That's not part of TSLRCM though.

Last time I heard from Zbyl, he was doing some adjustments to Ravager Rewrite. I'm sure making it compatible with 1.6 was one of the reasons . . .

Guest staticjoe66

HH it was my understanding the TSLRCM had only Visas and Mandalore going to the Ravager while the Exile shows up for the throwdown with Nihilus--am I wrong?

Ehm, what exactly is the issue?

That's kind of the intended behavior.

Guest staticjoe66

Well alrightythen--TYVM, I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on. I'll have to check out that Ravager Rewrite to see if that's what I was thinking of

Thanks again HH

Yes.

[Added stuff to reach 10 char limit]

Guest tpiom

Too lazy to update?

Or why people prefer K1 over K2 is even a bigger mystery...

And I love the massive changes from patch to patch. It's fun to see it isn't slowing down :P

Guest DH-010

Yeah a lot of fixes, nice.

One problem though, you guys haven't even given me the chance to complete a 1.5 playthrough!

Just got off of Telos and there's already a newer version! :P

(..)

Or why people prefer K1 over K2 is even a bigger mystery...

(..)

Hey, don't push it... :(

Edited by DH-010

There is a gender check missing during Keria's speech to Artis...(him instead of her when playing female exile)

And I believe the "teaching party member stuff" options are still not fully implemented, since there are still no text prompts on what exactly did you teach.

Currently only Atton and I think BaoDurr will tell you what they've learned.