Sign in to follow this  
JK JA's Jaden Korr

Don't let These Mods Die

Hello community, I have been looking at some of VP's mods ( mainly the Malachor V one), and I think we, the community should get VP's permission and finish some of his unfinished mods. First all I'm going to need help, :help:

1. I am NOT an experienced modder, I will need someone experienced to oversee the project.

2. Does anyone know how to contact VP, because I do not.

3. Lots of volunteers will be needed.

If you can do any of these things PM me. As for the experienced modder, I'm thinking HH or SH or someone like that.

Note: And SH I know that there are lots of spelling and grammar mistakes in this post if you feel the need to correct them so be it.

• Like 1

Hello community, I have been looking at some of VP's mods ( mainly the Malachor V one), and I think we, the community should get VP's permission and finish some of his unfinished mods. First all I'm going to need help

[snarky]Do go on . . . person that registered three days ago.[/snarky]

Does anyone know how to contact VP, because I do not.

Have you tried sending him a Private Message?

1. I am NOT an experienced modder, I will need someone experienced to oversee the project.

So . . . what exactly would you being doing? It certainly won't be spelling or grammar correction. (Cue rimshot!)

Note: And SH I know that there are lots of spelling and grammar mistakes in this post . . .

As you can see, I pretty much took care of that. Might I suggest easing up on the smilies? It might make folks attach great importance to what you say.

zomg jaden is totelly right!

I mean it sux so bad that we can't play Malachor the way it was supposed to be played! Tsl is like my most favorite game ever and I totelly am super excited XDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

If theirs something I can do, then just let me know. I want to do the part with Atton cuz he is my fav!!! Such a babe <3

Well, while I do agree with the reasoning that the Malachor V ending mod was kind of swept under the proverbial rug, I don't think that rushing VP will help with the project any. Normally the kind of work that a restoration like that requires pushes the bounds of the engine and requires intricate coding knowledge as well as experience. However, if indeed the Malachor Ending Mod is in danger of going extinct, a mild suggestion to the modder or other modders like SH via PM would be more ideal rather than a forthright call to arms with the tagline "MAKE SURE THIS MOD DOESN'T GO EXTINCT!"

You also have to remember that mods are done on a completely VOLUNTARY basis and subject to the the modder's schedule. That means that if you hear nothing about a mod for a week, that doesn't mean the mod is dead or in danger of being dead; it's the year-long hiatuses that you have to watch out for.

Also

So . . . what exactly would you being doing? It certainly won't be spelling or grammar correction. (Cue rimshot!)

no need to insult the Man :confused::]

Edit:

Also SH, why did you lock the Malachor VI Ending Mod thread? Even if anyone wanted to give a progress update, they can't. If it was for spam, you could just delete them, right?

C'mon Sh, you're being a negative nancy. If VP, BV, & co couldn't finish it after 2 years, it's completely plausible for someone who just joined to restart the project...seriously man, learn to dream.

If theirs something I can do, then just let me know. I want to do the part with Atton cuz he is my fav!!! Such a babe <3

Just awesome...I salute you sir. B)

guys VP and Bread V is working as hard as they can, moder have more to do than mod, they need to go to collage and go to work. they have made good progress over the years. yes at the minuete they are having a down time because all the work they got to do. so for all you novices how have just joined, these guys have worked there ass off for this project. i have been hire for 4 years now and i know that no novices could do the work that the most expirenced, best moders there is. starting the project agein will take about anogher 5 years so please my gest and wast your time making a crappyer version will the reall moders have a small break for all the good work they have done over the years!

lol Bread V, thanks bendarby.. =D

Well, as VP and I have mentioned several times, when we started the project we couldn't even imagine how far it would go and just how awesome it would become. And really, I *could* continue to work on it by myself, but I refuse to because without VP this mod would just be so much less. Believe me, Malachor requires VP.

It's true that VP has retired for the foreseeable future, and as such this mod has been postponed indefinitely. I have many other mods in the works and will work on that instead of Malachor. You should remember however that it is also in OUR interest that what we made isn't just lost. I would much rather we release what we have if we know we will not finish it. But that too isn't going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Sorry about your name. I was in a hurry and I accidentally put a "R" in there :/

How embarrassing.

(Jaden rolls his eyes) Well, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, "cough cough SH cough" :P

Edit: And I meant some of us could finish it and let VP rest for a while.

P.S. SH I will use as many smilies as I want its MY post

• Like 1

I fail to see how the date of someone's registration makes them any less or deserving of a non-sarcastic response, but what do I know? (Looking at you S-H)

As it stands, the hiatus hasn't been going on THAT long, guys. Jeez, have some patience. I mean, it'd be great if you could get permission to continue working on the mod if VP permanently retires. But until then...let's just wait and see what happens, eh? ;)

When I say how many years I have been here, it represents the experience I have had with the whole KotOR modding community because overall, I have been with a few different KotOR modding communities for about 6/7 years . . . so I know how sh_t is done!

I'm just saying I know for a fact that first time/novice modders will not be able to handle a mod to such size, ok? :) I have seen countless mods crash and burn because of such things. Besides, it is not your decision to take over the mod - it's VP's. He is the one how created this project all those years ago - and let me say if he cant do it - no one can because he is one the most experienced modders out there. He has helped me out of modding picks for to many times to count. So please before you get impatient and restless, think! The whole modding community is expecting a fully working mod with the created and restored content, de-bugged, for it to be smooth running: a VP standard mod!

Hope that keeps you from doing a stupid thing, OK?

Oh and another thing SH, I DID PM him

Edit: Ok, I knew it was a long shot I just thought that if VP permanitly retires his work should not go to waste and bendarby I said I would not be able to head the project

As for the experienced modder, I'm thinking HH or SH or someone like that.

Not related to the topic;

Edit:

Also SH, why did you lock the Malachor VI Ending Mod thread? Even if anyone wanted to give a progress update, they can't. If it was for spam, you could just delete them, right?

Exactly!
  • Like 1

Jaden, Logan23 and VP have an excellent primer for projects of this size. (Granted this was intended for Tc's but I think this project is so big that it applies as well...particularly the last part)

Also, notice that none of the posts made in this thread have been designed to rip on you*, consider them as advice to build your skills up before tackling something so difficult. It's like trying to construct a house after reading just 1 book (or tutorials), sure you can give it a shot but I would rather start by learning how to build a birdhouse first, then work up to the real house...believe me, I've made that mistake before. Learn and appreciate how much time you'll need to spend on this before taking the plunge.

Also keep in mind that even if you were shipped all the files that they've worked on, it still wouldn't encompass all of the ideas they've had that simply haven't been possible due to the engine or other problems...you'd be starting blind.

1. You must be willing to do 98 percent of all the work.

2. You will need to know how to script, create uti, waypoints, triggers, utcs, utp, utd and place them in game along with making them function properly in-game.

3. You need to be able to connect modules together.

4. Expect the only help you will get is advice, some tip on scripting and some skinners.

5 This will take at least 2 years to build.

6. You will have to make sacrifices where you choose to mod over doing real life things that are both enjoyable or necessary.

7. You will be doing all the boring and tedious things like lipsyncing and managing all your game assets.

8. You will need to be able give up cool ideas due to production time or because they will derail your game’s story.

9. You must be prepared to just use original kotor1/2 modules as is or re skinned.

10. You must decide whether or not your TC will be voiced. Human Voice Over, can make or break the quality of your mod, depending on whether or not the VOs are actually good. Giving Alien VO to every NPC having dlg of some type is not going to get a favorable response, but neither is silence.

11. Make sure there are many choices in the game and multiple endings. If the story has one ending then make it into a fan fiction.

12. When you lose interest with the project or get frustrated will you still continue with the same passion and dedication you had in the beginning?

I repeat this will take 2 years and you must be prepared to do the project on your own!

*Ok except for miss sara's

Edited by Working Class Hero

Because VP has the power to unlock the thread anytime he wants!

Edit: Well look at that, it's unlocked!

I should really come around more often, these threads are quite entertaining.

Perhaps if the Malachor V team released what they have as an open source project so at least it doesn't go to waste. I mean, it seems silly to abandon the project if it can be handed off or completed some other way.

Have you tried sending him a Private Message?

As you can see, I pretty much took care of that. Might I suggest easing up on the smilies? It might make folks attach great importance to what you say.

ROTFLMAO The title of this thread is really misleading but I enjoyed my biggest laugh when it was revealed that he was lacking any knowledgeable skills to participate in "his" project and wanted to organize other people to do all the work while "he" I'm sure would then take all the credit for "his" idea; hehehe Brilliant! I like this place. It's like modding for dummies. Get back to work my minions and finish my next mod for me. ARC! Too funny. The kid must not realize that we pay income tax and are getting :shagging1: enough already :P

ROTFLMAO The title of this thread is really misleading but I enjoyed my biggest laugh when it was revealed that he was lacking any knowledgeable skills to participate in "his" project and wanted to organize other people to do all the work while "he" I'm sure would then take all the credit for "his" idea; hehehe Brilliant! I like this place. It's like modding for dummies. Get back to work my minions and finish my next mod for me. ARC! Too funny. The kid must not realize that we pay income tax and are getting :shagging1: enough already :P

I reiterate:

no need to insult the Man :confused::]

All he did was overreacted. I saw no inference that he was going to oversee the project and hog the glory in his post... If anything he cared so much about a mod that he wanted to get it done with complete disregard for his own inabilities (which he plainly admits).

One should not go opening old wounds is all, I say.

Also. How the heck did this get unlocked? :unsure:

• Like 1