zbyl2

TSL Restored Content Mod 1.8 RELEASED

Yeah... it just states it wrong.

We'll probably update the installer later, but only to fix stuff like that (the readme is incorrect in a few places too), so no need to re-download.

I wanted just write here my appreciation for all your efforts in completing the game : thank you :)

Hey I have comment/suggestion in regards to the cut-scenes of the shuttle interior when crashing on Telos' surface. I don't want to be THAT guy who nit-picks little things (especially since I love the mod and think it's a work of art) but having just gone through that section again today I couldn't help but feel there's a lack of energy between the shots of the interior and the bink movie shots. When we first cut in, Atton is at the helm while Kreia and the PC are standing in the back. That one's fine but when it cuts back in after the AD tower scores a hit, we see the same shot again just with a few sparks and a fire.

I also noticed the same thing after the HK-50s shoot down the second shuttle.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a bit of camera shake to simulate the shuttle being hit and experiencing turbulence and also maybe animate Kreia and the PC to fall over. Now I'm now modder so I don't know how challenging that would be but is it something that's doable? I do realize it's kind of a frivolous detail but I just thought I'd throw it out there and see what other's might think.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a bit of camera shake to simulate the shuttle being hit and experiencing turbulence and also maybe animate Kreia and the PC to fall over. Now I'm now modder so I don't know how challenging that would be but is it something that's doable? I do realize it's kind of a frivolous detail but I just thought I'd throw it out there and see what other's might think.

Actually, with a bit of experimentation on the pattern, one could do it easily with scripting. There is a function(command) called PlayRumblePattern, used for explosions...

Actually, with a bit of experimentation on the pattern, one could do it easily with scripting. There is a function(command) called PlayRumblePattern, used for explosions...

FS, care to have a go at it?  I'd personally welcome seeing how you or anyone else might reinterpret the scene. Please provide a YouTube link if you make an attempt.

FS, care to have a go at it?  I'd personally welcome seeing how you or anyone else might reinterpret the scene. Please provide a YouTube link if you make an attempt.

Sure I'll try. I need to contact a Skype buddy though...

I can make the scripts, but LDR, my Skype buddy, will hopefully(Not saying he will or has to) be willing to test them out. I have no experience with making vids, however LDR seems like he knows a bit about FRAPS.

...Does anyone know if a Youtube vid is up that has the shuttle scene as-is?

If you skip to 31:15 you'll see the first shot and then at around 31:24 you'll see the second shot.

Also... I don't know if this matters or not but I didn't make this video. I pulled it from KotorHDTV's channel. Just throwing the credit for the video where it belongs just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZG3kTpQXSI

Sadly... it doesn't seem "PlayRumblePatern" actually works, so no, this can't be done...

Did you say that because of my lack of feedback, or you tested it yourself?

To the first, I have been busy lately and haven't gotten around to it...

To the second, how'd it go?

Also, if it helps:

The function, PlayRumblePattern, uses the lines from the rumble.2da file, which upon examination, appear to be like so:

The first column after the row label is a boolean telling if the pattern loops or not.

Then you have lsamples and rsamples, which tell the engine how many rumbles to set up(which appear to be random locations on the respective side of the screen).

After these two columns, you have a series of lmagnitude, ltime, rmagnitude, and rtime columns, from 1 to 7.

If either of the lsample or rsample columns are 0, then you'll see the magnitude and time columns be ****.

This holds true for any extra columns, for example, if the rsample is 3, then the rmagnitude4-7 and rtime4-7 will be ****.

The magnitude ranges from 0.0 to 1.

The time is a float of seconds, out to the tenths place(1.3, 3.5, .etc).

Checking 262 .dlg files I found a convenient OE-made testing for rumbling, so I used that to save myself some effort :D.

Although, none of them worked *at all*, as stated.

I just thought maybe tying it to a placeable and have it run it as assigncommand instead of just running the function as is. But if that doesn't work either, I'm not sure what else it could be that makes it work, and just log it as 'does not work' unless proven otherwise...

(Or LucasForums is back up and I find something about rumble there that gives a clue to it's workings)

I found this;

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1629845&highlight=rumble#post1629845

Applied it somewhere... nope, didn't work. I guess it's something from KOTOR1 not properly hoveled over to KOTOR2.

Although I also found VFX_IMP_SCREEN_SHAKE in visualeffects.2da.

Going to give that a try... if that doesn't work either, well... feel free to give it a shot, FS!

EDIT:

That worked.

It's barely noticable though... but best I can do.

I've re-installed KOTOR 2 and I need all of TSLRCM (from 1.5 to 1.8.2). Can anyone send me those mods? Because I can't find some of them (I'd be grateful if anyone could send me 1.4 too if possibly). English is not my mother language so I may make some mistakes, so I apologize in advance.

I've re-installed KOTOR 2 and I need all of TSLRCM (from 1.5 to 1.8.2).

Ehm, what? WHY?

Ehm, what? WHY?

I've lost all of the restored content mod files I've downloaded before and some of them are not available on the internet now.(Especially 1.7) So if I can get my hands on them again I want to install them again. Sorry I can't reply instantly because my intenet has quota that I shouldn't exceed so Ihave to be careful.

That... doesn't answer my question as to 'why?'

Because the game feels missing something without the restored content mod and missing a lot really! That's why I need the mod

All of the restored content from the earlier versions are in the current version. What you're trying to do is somewhat analogous to installing Microsoft Windows 3.1, Windows XP, Windows Vista, 7 and 8 at the same time. It will break.