zbyl2

TSL Restored Content Mod 1.8 RELEASED

TSLRCM: The mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about.

Yeah, there were Team Gizka TSLRP fanatics among the staff that were allowing the TSLRP page to remain despite being 1. Dead and 2. Less relevant in terms of news sources. (There actually a bunch of articles on TSLRCM back about a year ago, I think they might have interviewed Stoney)

Now both pages are in the Fan Wiki which... well whatever.

I'd say they failed at getting people to "not know about it". As for them putting it in the fan wiki my reaction is "Really?" "You're really going to put Obsidian's original vision into the fan wiki?" "The original vision of the developers is practically canon and in fact I can't go back to the unfinished vision Obsidian had.".

Sweet seeing almost 2000 downloads here already, and over 5500 on moddb.

Guess that did help spread the news along a lot...

i've got one question though: is there any possibility that, like in previous version, a patch will be available so that we can play TSLRCM 1.8 with the awesome USM?

It's not very likely. The first one took pretty long to make with Stoney (who's no longer around), was buggy (Malachor) on top of a buggy mod (the .dlg's of the USM were, well, sloppy at best). Instead of reviving that, I think it's much better to use current modmakers and their skills to bring new hilts. Shame of HOTOR.

Don't see Kreia in Dxun tomb on the changelist. Was that implemented in a different mod?

Different mod. Already done before 1.8, but since it requires 1.8 (and it's better to finish that than another mod, right?). And after 1.8's done, no time for making the installer. Probably should have it done by monday, together with Atton to Onderon though... have to spend time first catching up here and other forums.

Thank you all so much for your work on this project yes I said project not mod, this was more complicated than a normal mod with all the game breaking issues this game had you have finally made TSL truly enjoyable. HH how is the TSLRCM Handmaiden for females going?

Haven't really started yet.

Maybe you should inform the people over at moddb as well.

Done.

Was already done at the time of your post, but admins had to approve. That's the benefit of our own download section, and being here ;).

Also I did not know until this very minute that you chaps picked my Taris Traveler VO. Huh. Thanks!

I never told you that? I am pretty sure I did... :unsure:

But yeah, hope you and everyone likes it...

I haven't noticed any changes to the robes?

They are there...

BTW, not sure why I had to re-register ?

Probably victim of some error in the account pruning (to remove bots and stuff) a few months back. Got a lot of accounts :(.

Chris Avellone must be loving this - he tweeted another article . . .

CA-RockPaperShotgun.jpg

Here's the full link . . . Rock Paper Shotgun article on TSLRCM 1.8

That. Is. Awesome!

Okay, that is seriously bitchin'! A tweet from Chris Avellone himself recognizing TSLRCM????

Oh yeah, gotta agree with that right there.

Atleast it's good to hear Avallone likes it rather than despises it too. So were doing something good :).

Sorry to bring up a long-buried fight, but if Wookieepedia thinks TSLRCM doesn't fit the article citation rule *now*, there's seriously a problem.

Only now there's a problem with them?

Although to be honest, haven't really cared since, well, I don't think I ever cared 0_0.

TSLRCM: The mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about.

Yeah, there were Team Gizka TSLRP fanatics among the staff that were allowing the TSLRP page to remain despite being 1. Dead and 2. Less relevant in terms of news sources. (There actually a bunch of articles on TSLRCM back about a year ago, I think they might have interviewed Stoney)

Now both pages are in the Fan Wiki which... well whatever.

Remember the interview with Stoney. Was around 1.4 or 1.5. So long ago. And yes, still apparently there are some people who just don't use TSLRCM because they somehow think it's "inferior" to TG's version, and they should just wait around till that's released. I feel sorry for them, for missing all this stuff out. It's their loss though.

Sweet seeing almost 2000 downloads here already, and over 5500 on moddb.

Guess that did help spread the news along a lot...

It's not very likely. The first one took pretty long to make with Stoney (who's no longer around), was buggy (Malachor) on top of a buggy mod (the .dlg's of the USM were, well, sloppy at best). Instead of reviving that, I think it's much better to use current modmakers and their skills to bring new hilts. Shame of HOTOR.

What happened with HOTOR? I remember it being hosted on this site last year when I played 1.7.

Didn't realize changes where only for master robes :blink: whoops ;)

It's not...

What happened with HOTOR? I remember it being hosted on this site last year when I played 1.7.

The creator wanted it deleted. So it went.

So... over 10 000 downloads in a first week (exactly 11027 at a time of writing this post) and only three actual "bugs" reported (excluding engine related things we cannot fix).

I'd call that a success! :)

Great job team (Hassat especially). And big thank you to everyone who supported us, downloaded and played. And everyone who helped spread a word by posting about us on various sites. Hell, thanks to everyone who's reading it! Here's to another ten thousands!

Well, HH has been going through the game with such precision that I expected the bugs to be really few.

Will there be a small update fix soon? :P

I never told you that? I am pretty sure I did... :unsure: But yeah, hope you and everyone likes it...

Nope. I don't blame you, though, with the amount of work that was on your plate at the time. You deserve several modding medals.

Thank you guys! Thank you for all!

I'm sure Chris Avellone enjoyed his gameplay with TSLRCM 1.8 very much :)

Avellone on TSLRCM: www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-31-chris-avellone-knights-of-the-old-republic-2-restoration-team-should-be-given-a-lot-of-kudos

Knights of the Old Republic 2 lead designer Chris Avellone has praised, to Eurogamer, the efforts of voluntary The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) team.[...]

"I have a lot of respect to TSLRCM for restoring the content, and I'm glad it can see the light of day," Obsidian's Avellone told Eurogamer.

"There was a lot more that we wanted to include in the title, obviously, and the restoration mod should prove it.

"Those guys should be given a lot of kudos for their hard work, so for anyone who plays the restored content and enjoys it, let other fans know and give credit where credit is due: to TSLRCM."

That is... pretty awesome!

• Like 2

Avellone on TSLRCM: www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-31-chris-avellone-knights-of-the-old-republic-2-restoration-team-should-be-given-a-lot-of-kudos

Knights of the Old Republic 2 lead designer Chris Avellone has praised, to Eurogamer, the efforts of voluntary The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) team.[...]

"I have a lot of respect to TSLRCM for restoring the content, and I'm glad it can see the light of day," Obsidian's Avellone told Eurogamer.

"There was a lot more that we wanted to include in the title, obviously, and the restoration mod should prove it.

"Those guys should be given a lot of kudos for their hard work, so for anyone who plays the restored content and enjoys it, let other fans know and give credit where credit is due: to TSLRCM."

That is... pretty awesome!

I'm a little late to the party but this is awsome! so I guess we have a legit mod now? :P

• Like 1

After all the flak that TSLRCM received over at Wookieepedia it's pretty gratifying to get some official recognition, isn't it?

After all the flak that TSLRCM received over at Wookieepedia it's pretty gratifying to get some official recognition, isn't it?

I think I can hear the backpedaling over there now from here.

Oh... my... god... I can't believe it!!!

Infinite praises to all involved in this magnificent project!

Now only to find s...load of time to play it before the exams :P .

Big thanks for this from Russia. I have some question about your work, whose interest me and many people from my country. Before I begin, I want apologize for my English. And I hope I'll get answer for my questions :)

1) Have you a possibility write less difficult for mind? I don't always understand what the characters are saying. :(

2) Will you restore the cut planets? Coruscant and the droid planet? Planet of droid etc?

Yours respectfully,

Highest.

Love the mod so far, great job guys!

But, I don't know if this is a bug or not since I haven't played this game in a long while, but after training the Handmaiden to become a Jedi, I can't seem to train her in any force forms or special force powers I have learned like the others (Atton, Mira, etc.) Is she supposed to right now, or is there some other requirement I need to fulfill in the game?

1. Ok. Can you make dialogs more understandable, without difficult phrases?

More easy language?

As this game has now launched on steam, is this mod compatible with that?

Does it also does not have a launcher for that version?

Is there any way to check to see if the mod has been installed correctly ?