Once long ago - in a galaxy you're in - I recorded a video from material on the KOTOR2 Prima disc that came with specially marked version on that company's hint book. Judging by YouTube hits and comments, it's been fair popular. In the video, HK-47 says a lot of funny lines that are taken from other movies and TV shows - including Blade Runner, the Terminator movies, Red Dwarf, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy, for example. I once had a list of what lines came from where. I no longer have this list, unfortunately.

Here's where your help comes in.

After watching the video, could you quote which lines you recognize (in full) and what the source of that line was? I haven't copied down all of the lines here so you can go through the movie yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBma1kVfpnc

If you see that someone else has posted one of the lines, obviously you can skip that particular line.

Once the list is complete, I'll be adding it to the movie description so all can be educated on this.

Thanks in advance for looking.

v/r,

SH

PS: If you wish to leave a comment on the actual YouTube movie page, could you list what your name is known as here on Deadly Stream? Thanks again!

If only they spend all that wasted time on the actual game.. or getting more awesome HK-Factory lines for us to re-implent...

Luckily, I found an old copy of my list online. I've updated it with character names when and where it was needed.

Only one quote remains.

Who said this?

"There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex.”

"There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex.”

I believe that is just based on an old math joke.

Post the complete list please!

I do know that...

The "HK50 personal black box recording, time: Unknown..." @ 1:30 and "Rude Alert" @ 1:10 is Holly from Red Dwarf

"Fact: Wearily on I go..." @ 3:20 is Marvin the Paranoid Android from Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (not sure which book though)

The rest I had to look at the youtube page for, but that list is incomplete too.

Now you can use these samples to restore these lines into 1.8! ;)

Statement: From what I've been able to determine, the last quote is a modified version of "There are 10 kinds of people in the world ...those who understand binary and those who do not". It is a mathematical joke with numeral bases.

Statement: The source is called Google finding it on Wikipedia:

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

This joke relies on the fact that mathematical expressions, just as expressions in natural languages, may have multiple meanings. Like other puns, the humor is derived from an ambiguous meaning; in this case, the expression 10 in the binary numeral system is equal to the decimal number two.

Another pun using different radices, sometimes attributed to computer scientists, asks:

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?

Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.

The humor lies in the similarity of the abbreviation for October/Octal and December/Decimal, and the coincidence that the two representations equal the same amount (31 Octal is 3\cdot8 + 1 = 2\cdot10 + 5 = 25 Decimal).

I've heard of the joke and I've understood it as well. ;)

Here's the list. (It will be added to the YouTube site as well)

All of these lines below are paraphrased from the originals. I have put the character who said it , the actor/actress who said it (if applicable), and from where each line was from.

1) “Recollection: I was having the most wonderful dream – a dream of killing all humans. And I think you were in it”– Bender (John DiMaggio) from Futurama

2) “Speculation: I can barely hear my heart beating” - The Tin Man (Jack Haley) from The Wizard of Oz

3) “Observation: Quite an experience to live in fear, isn’t it? That’s what it’s like to be a slave.” – Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer) from Blade Runner

4) “Statement: I’ve done . . . questionable . . . things. Nothing the god of bio-mechanics wouldn’t let you in heaven for.” – Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer) from Blade Runner

5) “Pathos: I know why you cry. But it is something I can never do.” – T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) from Terminator 2: Judgment Day

6) “Empathy: The more time I spend with humans, the more I learn. It is your nature to destroy yourselves.” – T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) from Terminator 2: Judgment Day

7) “Rude alert! Rude alert! An electrical fire knocked out my voice recognition unicycle! Many Wurlitzers are missing from my database.” – Holly (Hattie Hayridge) from Red Dwarf

😎 “Abandon shop! This is not a daffodil! Repeat, this is not a daffodil!” – Holly (Hattie Hayridge) from Red Dwarf

9) “HK-50 personal black box recording. Time: Unknown. Location: Unknown. Cause of accident: Unknown. Should someone find this recording, perhaps it will shed light as to what happened here.” – Kryten (Robert Llewellyn) from Red Dwarf

10) “Conclusion: I’m going to pull your head off because I don’t like your head.” - Withnail (Richard E. Grant) from Withnail and I

11) “Query: Is this going to be a stand-up fight, sir, or another bug hunt?” - Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) from Aliens

12) “Query: Did IQ's just drop sharply while I was away?” – Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) from Aliens

13) “There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex.” – as stated above, from an old math joke

14) “Negative: You are a meat popsicle” – Korben Dallas (Bruce Willis) – from The Fifth Element

15) “Advisory: Take four red capsules. In ten minutes take two more. Help is on the way.” – Voice in medicine cabinet, from THX 1138

16) “Under protest, HK-47 has been coerced into communicating the following aphorism, to wit: Why don’t Jedi make good recipients of fragile gifts? Because they always feel your presence.

[Pause] Your silence is deafening.” – Paraphrased Star Wars Joke

17) “Query: Has there been a disconnect within your higher brain function? Please press a button to continue.” – Prima TSL DVD Menu Timeout 1

18) “Conditional: Please continue, or I may be forced to evoke my previous master’s favorite precept.” – Prima TSL DVD Menu Timeout 2

19) “Opinion: You could fit my capacity for mercy in a matchbox without taking out the matches first.” – Marvin the Paranoid Android from Life, the Universe, and Everything

20) “Fact: Wearily, on I go. Pain and misery my only companions. And vast intelligence of course, and infinite sorrow. I despise you all” – Marvin the Paranoid Android from Life, the

Universe, and Everything

21) “Suggestion: I wish you’d just tell what you want rather than trying to engage my enthusiasm.” – Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

22) “Conjecture: Why should I want to make anything up? Life is bad enough as it is without trying to invent more of it.” – Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Restaurant At The End Of

The Universe

23) “Fact: It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level” – Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

24) “Stipulation: And then of course, I’ve got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side.” all the diodes down my left side.” – Marvin the Paranoid Android from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

25) “Conditional: Don’t blame me. I’m an interpreter. I’m not supposed to know a power socket from a computer terminal.” – C-3PO (Anthony Daniels) from The Empire Strikes Back

26) “Statement: I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me. I’ve course I’ve looked better” – C-3PO (Anthony Daniels) from The Empire Strikes Back

27) “Observation: I’m not sure where your ship learned to communicate but it has the most peculiar dialect.” – C-3PO (Anthony Daniels) from The Empire Strikes Back

28) “Opinion: I am putting myself to the fullest possible use which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.” – HAL 900 (Douglas Rain) from 2001: A Space Odyssey

29) “Reassurance: I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I’ve still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.” – HAL 9000 (Douglas Rain) from 2001: A Space Odyssey

30) “Conclusion: How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level.” –Dr. René Belloq (Paul Freeman) from Raiders Of The Lost Ark

I believe this is a reference to the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

"There are two kinds of people. Those who have guns, and those who dig. You dig"

Is just one of the "There are x kinds of people" lines in the movie, and the earliest use of it (1966).

and, like most of the previous movie lines it is considered a revolutionary movie in its genre.

Considering there are two droids in the scene with Hk, I'm leaning towards the math joke explanation - plus that joke is quoted entirely in it.

But points for enthusiasm!

The joke(s) (As there are thousands of There are two kinds of people) was a reference to the movie in the first place though..lol..