kkk

decreased game difficulty

Hello! I just (like week ago but whatever) started to play kotor 2 once again, this time with TSLRCM plus additional mods, confirmed to be compatible with it, in the official thread COMPATIBI_LIST.

But sadly I realised that game's difficulty level is way too low than I expected nor remembered from my last run over kotor 2.

What Im asking you is to tell me which mod made my game so easy, eventually what to install to fix that.

Im posting my manually added content (patches and mods etc) to the game in install order. Some I installed twice on purpose, high level force powers for example because I could see only icons in game without description.

1. Patches

2. Widescreen fixex (1920x1080)

3. TSLRCM 1.7

4. TSLRCM 1.7 Fix by Hassat Hunter 

5. TSLRCM 1.7 Ravager Black Screen Fix

6. ANY SPELL MOD BY iLike_Speed Date Released: April 12, 2007

7. Bao-Dur's Charged Armor by ChAiNz.2da v1

8. Daks_Armored_Robes_2.1

9. Heroes of the Old Republic Lightsaber Mod v1.3 { for TSLRCM 1.7 } by Qui-Don Jorn

10. Heroes of the Old Republic Lightsaber Mod v 1.4 Patch

11. HotOR 1.5  For TSLRCM 1.7 (Patch Version) ***Final*** Author: Qui-Don Jorn Date: Mar 14 2011

12. High Level Force Powers V2

13. High Level Force Powers V2u1 (2.1 update)

14. "Movie-style Jedi Master robes v1.0" MOD for SW: KotOR 2: The Sith Lords Author: DeadMan

15. "Movie-style Jedi Master robes v1.5" MOD for SW: KotOR 2: The Sith Lords Author: DeadMan

16. New Saber Blades, v3.1 Author: DeadMan

17. Realistic Visual Effects Author: Shem Date Released: 5/21/08

18. Ultimate Sound Mod for both KOTOR & TSL by Shem Date Released: 6/18/06

19. TSL MUSIC IMPROVEMENT MOD by PastramiX

20. TSL AMBIENCE IMPROVEMENT MOD by PastramiX

21. Tomb of Azgath N'Dul v2.0 by Darth InSidious v2.0, 11/02/2008

22. Coruscant - Jedi Temple by DeathDisco

23. ultimate personal items by HaVoKeR

24. TSL Improved Loading Screens by SpaceAlex

25. High Level Force Powers V2

26. High Level Force Powers V2u1 (2.1 update)

27. Bao-Dur's Charged Armor by ChAiNz.2da v1

28. Ultimate Balancing Mod by HaVoKeR

This is how it is. I am playing at highest difficulty settings and I have been able to solo all mercenaeries during defend of Khoonda with only force wave and 4 shot them (consular LS).

Please help me with that, because game is not a challenge at all and way too easy, and not fun.

Hello! I just (like week ago but whatever) started to play kotor 2 once again, this time with TSLRCM plus additional mods, confirmed to be compatible with it, in the official thread COMPATIBI_LIST.

But sadly I realised that game's difficulty level is way too low than I expected nor remembered from my last run over kotor 2.

What Im asking you is to tell me which mod made my game so easy, eventually what to install to fix that.

Im posting my manually added content (patches and mods etc) to the game in install order. Some I installed twice on purpose, high level force powers for example because I could see only icons in game without description.

1. Patches

2. Widescreen fixex (1920x1080)

3. TSLRCM 1.7

4. TSLRCM 1.7 Fix by Hassat Hunter 

5. TSLRCM 1.7 Ravager Black Screen Fix

6. ANY SPELL MOD BY iLike_Speed Date Released: April 12, 2007

7. Bao-Dur's Charged Armor by ChAiNz.2da v1

8. Daks_Armored_Robes_2.1

9. Heroes of the Old Republic Lightsaber Mod v1.3 { for TSLRCM 1.7 } by Qui-Don Jorn

10. Heroes of the Old Republic Lightsaber Mod v 1.4 Patch

11. HotOR 1.5  For TSLRCM 1.7 (Patch Version) ***Final*** Author: Qui-Don Jorn Date: Mar 14 2011

12. High Level Force Powers V2

13. High Level Force Powers V2u1 (2.1 update)

14. "Movie-style Jedi Master robes v1.0" MOD for SW: KotOR 2: The Sith Lords Author: DeadMan

15. "Movie-style Jedi Master robes v1.5" MOD for SW: KotOR 2: The Sith Lords Author: DeadMan

16. New Saber Blades, v3.1 Author: DeadMan

17. Realistic Visual Effects Author: Shem Date Released: 5/21/08

18. Ultimate Sound Mod for both KOTOR & TSL by Shem Date Released: 6/18/06

19. TSL MUSIC IMPROVEMENT MOD by PastramiX

20. TSL AMBIENCE IMPROVEMENT MOD by PastramiX

21. Tomb of Azgath N'Dul v2.0 by Darth InSidious v2.0, 11/02/2008

22. Coruscant - Jedi Temple by DeathDisco

23. ultimate personal items by HaVoKeR

24. TSL Improved Loading Screens by SpaceAlex

25. High Level Force Powers V2

26. High Level Force Powers V2u1 (2.1 update)

27. Bao-Dur's Charged Armor by ChAiNz.2da v1

28. Ultimate Balancing Mod by HaVoKeR

This is how it is. I am playing at highest difficulty settings and I have been able to solo all mercenaeries during defend of Khoonda with only force wave and 4 shot them (consular LS).

Please help me with that, because game is not a challenge at all and way too easy, and not fun.

To quote the read-me for HaVoKeR:

DifficultyOption.2da/diffsettings.2da: 100% damage for easy, 150% for normal, 200% for difficult (default: easy 50%, normal 100%, difficult 150%).

You might try editing that file to make 200% for normal or something of the like. I'd suggest Achilles' blancing mod, but you already have a hard one. Have you tried something like 300% for Impossible Mode?

One thing, did you visit Dantooine early in your list of planets?

The only mod that actually affects difficulty levels is the balance mod, but the Any Spell Mod could be making you too powerful too quickly. The reason Force Wave is restricted to higher levels is because it is so OP anyway, and I try to avoid using it if I want a challenge.

The balancing mod should be making your game more difficult, so I don't know what's the deal with that.

Edit_

After looking it over, the balancing mod changes a bunch of things among classes and damage and such. I'm thinking this could be your culprit.

Edit_

Ninja'd

Also HOTOR makes the lightsabers more powerful, so the game becomes easier . . .

Azgath's tomb shouldn't be that easy. (Also, I would strongly advise installing the v2.2 patch.)

High Level Force Powers...nuff said really. All the powers cannot be resisted at the basic level which is usually plenty and involves stunnage of some kind. Don't get me wrong...I love them myself and definitely feel like a badass with them, but clearly when you can unlimitedly stun enemies with force sleep you know something is OP.

I had that experience on peragus already where I could easily blast all droids and sith assassins with both Kreia and Atton aswell.

The only force powers I took via 'anyforcepowers' were heal and deflect blasters.

Same was on telos. Just too easy.

I never used items from 'ultimate personal items' or HOTOR before and during final fight on dantooine.

I installed 'ultimatebalance' in the middle of Telos surface, because I thought it solve my problem, and it didn't.

Dantooine was my 1st, yes and I managed to get force wave because of 'ultimatebalance' which increase amount of exp from enemies, but even without force wave I was able to clear mercenaries waves with all my khoonda soldiers alive (was hilarious when zheeron told 'we are losing too many soldiers).

Im using simple jedi robe and benok's blaster, no belt no headgear and gloves. That's weird.

Now Im on korriban and it's hella easy too.

I think I get used to it. I am a Jedi after all.

thanks for letting me know about Azgath's tomb update :)

The khoonda battle mercs have -20 to their saves... somehow. So yeah, using Force Powers on them is very effective.

Wish I knew how to delete it, but I don't...

The khoonda battle mercs have -20 to their saves... somehow. So yeah, using Force Powers on them is very effective.

Wish I knew how to delete it, but I don't...

Utc, perhaps? On the branch in the KT editor version for the creature's attributes, it also lists their Reflex, Fortitude, and Will saves...

It's 0,0,0.

The penalty is somewhere, don't know where though. The mercs outside the cave have the same (since they are pretty much the same)... :/

Hate to say it..but I would completely uninstall and re install the game..and don't use HotOR. Use TSSM if you want a saber mod. Like Darby said, it makes the game too easy cause I overpowered everything..(overzealous I guess, plus I had no idea what I was doing)

How can I completely erase the existence of HotOR? Wish I had never made that mod...:(

...and don't use HotOR. Use TSSM if you want a saber mod. Like Darby said, it makes the game too easy cause I overpowered everything..(overzealous I guess, plus I had no idea what I was doing)

How can I completely erase the existence of HotOR? Wish I had never made that mod...:(

Ouch! Couldn't you just balance it out and update it? I always could get the guy's(forget his name) saber off of the serroco leader, but never got the guy to replace GO-TO...

Hate to say it..but I would completely uninstall and re install the game..and don't use HotOR. Use TSSM if you want a saber mod. Like Darby said, it makes the game too easy cause I overpowered everything..(overzealous I guess, plus I had no idea what I was doing)

Does TSSM still have all of those historical descriptions for the hilts that HOTOR had? That was the part I liked most about it.

Also, what file do I have to change to keep the original Bao Dur script, because I'm a purist and actually like the original approach Obsidian took for a lightsaber quest.

Edit__

Also wouldn't the hilts more likely match the Knights of the Old Republic comic from the late 80s/early 90s rather than TOR, since most of the saber owners mentioned in the descriptions were from there?

Not trying to hijack this thread, but...

Also wouldn't the hilts more likely match the Knights of the Old Republic comic from the late 80s/early 90s rather than TOR, since most of the saber owners mentioned in the descriptions were from there?

Uhh, sure,..we're talking about TSSM right?

post-8962-0-04405000-1341376850_thumb.jpgpost-8962-0-55036100-1341376869_thumb.jpg

Also, what file do I have to change to keep the original Bao Dur script, because I'm a purist and actually like the original approach Obsidian took for a lightsaber quest.

not changeable as far as HotOR 1.6 goes..but the new version that I never completed (almost)returned the original saber quest with one difference, you built it instead of Bao-Dur. It just didnt make sense to me that he would build your saber for you.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but...

Uhh, sure,..we're talking about TSSM right?

Well, I meant changing HOTOR into TSSM. You said you wished you never made it, so I assumed you just wanted to replace it with TSSM. I like HOTOR personally, so I'm trying to compromise, yet keep it compatible.

I don't want to hijack this thread either, so I can start a new thread or we can PM for further discussion. (If you want)

the original saber quest with one difference, you built it instead of Bao-Dur. It just didnt make sense to me that he would build your saber for you.

Actually, in vanilla game Bao-Dur don't build saber for you. He just looks if the parts you found are in good condition:

Bao-Dur: We need a power cell, emitter matrix, lens and focusing crystal, though I have to admit, the crystal is beyond my means - never did understand them.

Just bring the parts to me before you get started building it, I'll make sure they're usable.

And later in game when you have all parts, you build your lightsaber yourself:

Exile: Do I have all the lightsaber parts I'll need?

Bao-Dur: That's everything. Now all you need is a little quiet time with the workbench.

Sorry for offtop.