Hassat Hunter

Scenes that need improvement?

Not quite sure what you're talking about, since that's in KOTOR2 too (just look at Mandalore's char).

I don't have Mandalore in this game yet, but I can test it right here. Base player character 14 DEX, +2 modifier. Add Infiltration Gloves (+1), Spacer's Sensor (+1), Alacrity Implant (+2), Exchange Utility Belt (+1). Dex goes to 20, +5, in clothing. The stats and bonus are highlighted in yellow because modified. Put on Echani Battle Suit, Dex still 20, still yellow, bonus drops to +3, in yellow. The bonus should be in red because the bonus would be higher without the restriction of the suit.

I think that's more a bug with Battle Precognition. It gets disabled even if you use Force Armors which should allow powers to be used.

Or isn't Echani Battle Suit a Force Amor? Anyway, I am pretty sure it's the same as KOTOR, and even it wasn't, not much we can change, it's most likely hardcoded.

Guest bendarby24

i have a idear:

in kotor 1 in the cristal cave the eggs had cristals in them ....but in kotor 2 thay have nothing in them so u could put cristals in them

Guest Astor

Well, I have a suggestion on one aspect of the game that I feel should be changed. The three Quarren that appear, all of whom work for the Exchange, have the exact same skin. It's really annoying having to talk to the exact same crime boss who you already killed over and over again. Maybe a small change, the colour of their outfit or something else, if possible?

Well, I have a suggestion on one aspect of the game that I feel should be changed. The three Quarren that appear, all of whom work for the Exchange, have the exact same skin. It's really annoying having to talk to the exact same crime boss who you already killed over and over again. Maybe a small change, the colour of their outfit or something else, if possible?

I like this idea but I don't think it falls under the area of restored content. That being said: if someone made a request for this at Lucas Forums and it was created, it would likely make it's way into my override folder.

Isn't Echani Battle Suit a Force Amor?

I don't think it is, no.

Guest Astor

Well, don't you think Obsidian meant to change this but simply ran out of time like with so much else? I mean it is a rather glaring point, and I do feel it would come under restored content.

Meh, there is also the re-use of a single head on Onderon (see the Let's Play KOTOR2) and of course, the aweful Sith models (Taris citizens) on Malachor ;).

While those 2 would just take using other models (so I say let's do it, but who am I?) your suggestion would require making additional non-OE models, since I am pretty sure there is only a single Quarren skin available in the game...

Astor, I will make the request over at Lucas Forums as you have inspired me to do so.

And here's the link so you can check on any progress: Quarren Skin Change

Edited by Sith Holocron

Guest Astor

O cool! Let's hope someone bites :D. And slowly we can pester the modding community into redoing all the clones in the game :P!

Eh, I think OE did it fully intentional, considering they even made an ironical joke about it in the game when Visquis cannot tell Mira/Exile apart because they all look so alike (unlike the squid-heads, who are all super-different, RIGHT?).

Same doesn't hold true for Malachor/Onderon.

Guest AttonsGirl

Okay, I didn't have time to read the whole thread, so if somebody already posted this, ignore me. But personally, Atton's death scene in the female light-side version of the game was...lacking. First of all, there was dialogue in there where he says, "Lied to you..." but he only lies if you didn't have enough influence to get him to tell the truth. He never lied to me, so that piece of dialogue was decidedly out of place. Second, some dialogue choices at one point say something about, "Mira, Visas, the Handmaiden..." and, as we all know, the Handmaiden doesn't join the group in the female version of the game, so the dialogue choices should say Disciple instead. Those are the obvious glitches, but I thought the animation could use some work too. I mean, as it is now, Atton is face down (his face halfway submerged in the ground), and the Exile stands there and looks down at him. I'm not a programmer or modder, so I don't know how hard this would be, but I think he should be kind of sitting halfway up, or lying on his back. The Exile should get down next to him and (again, I have no idea of the difficulty factor of this) hold him as he dies. My final complaint in that scene is how it abruptly cuts to the end cutscene. It doesn't work. The music needs to at least fade or something, so that there can be a smoother transition between the two scenes. But anyway, that's my two cents.

Well, for the "Handmaiden" what version was that? Cause I know for sure I added in a check to give "Mical" for the female player.

As for kneeling, I suppose the same animation Kreia has with Hanharr could work...

Guest AttonsGirl

The very first time I downloaded the mod it was 1.6, and yeah, even if you could just use the animation of Kreia and Hanharr, it would look a lot better.

Well, I just checked, and the fixed file is in, so you should have gotten Mical as female PC instead of Brianna.

Have you changed genders with KSE in the game?

EDIT: Also, Atton uses the exact same animation as Hanharr during that scene. But adding the PC crouching would be nice, yes.

EDIT2: Just checked and it indeed still gives Brianna ingame. How odd. I wonder if maybe there is another file involved, and I modified the wrong Atton .dlg (Malachor is such a pain).

EDIT3: I am really blind, it isn't in after all (I was opening the wrong file, my own modified one instead of the one currently in 1.7 :S), no wonder it appears as old...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

Well, it took *quite* some time, but now I am happy with it...

http://rapidshare.com/files/425079469/904atton.rar

Just drop the included file into the override. When I was at it also fixed some issues with the wrong endmovie triggering and Atton prematurely dying (yet still talking afterwards).

Hope my hard work pays off for you :(.

Guest AttonsGirl

Hey, cool! I thought I was gonna have to wait for 1.7!

That's much better. The dialogue is fixed, and the Exile looks like she actually cares about poor Atton.:( Although I'm not sure if she should stand up when he dies, but that's not a big deal, that's just me being nitpicky.;)

But yeah, it felt much more ending-like. I don't know what you did with the transition, but whatever it was, it worked. Great fix and thanks a bunch!:(

Edit: Oh, and I just thought of something else. It's not really a problem with the mod, but it's always been in the game and has annoyed me to no end. On Telos, there are several large signs advertising for the cantina, Czerka, and such. One thing that has annoyed me from the very first time I ever played the game is the Aurebesh on one of those signs. If you look at the Czerka advertisement, it's spelled Cerka. It drives me crazy! Okay, not really, but it is annoying. It would probably be very time consuming to fix that sign, but if you think you might like to fix it in 1.7, or if somebody could just make a mod that fixed it, I'd be grateful. :D

Edited by AttonsGirl

Firstly, the Masked Attacker that appears on Citadel Station isn't actually masked, although being a Duros that might be hard. Secondly, Atton says something about Goto not liking it when you kill Loppak Slusk and Nar Shaddaa being a bad idea before you actually know anything about Goto. Thirdly, T1-N1 changes voice between the Czerka offices and Dock 126, going from the gonk-droid type one to the R2-D2 style one..

Edited by Mandalore
Added an extra.

Guest Astor

I was over at the forums that you posted the request on SH and I saw some new skins by RedRob. Wow, that guy is amazingly talented! It would be brilliant if some of those could be put in just to give some variety to the generic aliens or even humans found ingame. I know this isn't precisely restored content but it would make the game so much better and closer to being complete. Hoping this is considered.

Another thing I've noticed is the drexl larvae or whatever that big green thing you fight in Onderon's throne room is looks extremely low res compared to everything else. Perhaps spruce it up a bit?

Cheers

Edited by Astor

I know this isn't exactly restored content, but I think it counts as a scene that needs work.

There is an option when you go visit Visquis in the Refugee quarter to kill him. Okay, I've killed him...

However, the whole end part revolves around him, and he comes back to life. How? I killed him! this has always bugged me.

Maybe removing the "Die" option would be better.

Visquis is never in the Refugee Quarter. The Quarren there is Sasquatch or something like that, a comparably minor crimeboss. You're talking about the one you can talk to about Adana and Lootra and the Refugees in general, right?

Another thing I've noticed is the drexl larvae or whatever that big green thing you fight in Onderon's throne room is looks extremely low res compared to everything else. Perhaps spruce it up a bit?

Cheers

Meh, I don't wanna hear about anything that so much as touch Onderon now, as it seems to be so sensible and so buggy. I'm not even sure about skins :(. Anyways, I don't think there is a mod that makes this higher definition although I remember Xarwarz did a reskin of a few animals/creatures...

The Quarren there is Sasquatch or something like that,
Actually, I think that would be Saquesh, as a Sasquatch is more of a legend thing :( Edited by MrPhil