zbyl2

Looking for some testers

We'll have new beta build (call it M4-78EP 0.2) sometime in next few days, so I'm looking for few more people interested in testing the mod and giving us some feedback - whether it's report of misspelled word in a conversation, a game breaking bug or anything in between.

Obviously, if you want to apply you need enough free time to play through the whole planet - more than once trough some sections, and then give feedback/bug reports.

If you are interested, say so in this thread or contact me in some other way. For obvious reason, not everyone will be accepted into beta.

Also, beta testers will not be allowed to give out spoilers nor upload screenshots/videos of a mod, unless I say otherwise. Teasing community by saying how cool the planet is without giving anything away would be acceptable, though... ;)

PS: Note that beta testing would require you to play with no other mods - with exception of TSLRCM, which is required for M4-78EP to work properly.

Here's a dumb question - it's well known that for such huge modes to work properly, one has to start a new game, so your testers should have much more spare time than just for one planet, right?

Not really. You need a saved game from before ever entering Korriban though.

After all, it's not like it's replacing half the game like TSLRCM, it's just adding more models, few exceptions aside.

Not really. You need a saved game from before ever entering Korriban though.

After all, it's not like it's replacing half the game like TSLRCM, it's just adding more models, few exceptions aside.

This. Pre-Korriban save is all you need.

when do you need tested because soon i got a hell of a load of exams coming up

It's not easy to answer "when" question...

I want people to start testing new build when I have it (in few days, Saturday at the latest), just have few things I want to finish up... so any time after that. And then there's testing all future fixes, and there is probably going to be lots of these before release...

Although I do understand fact that lots of people are busy with exams and such at this time of the year.

Just a little bump, but for a good cause.

Over the past few years, I've been inundated with requests on how M4-78 EP is doing. (Great, if you haven't heard. *wink*) It seems folks are interested in this mod. If you're not part of the TOR/Mass Effect/Skyrim armies and have a some time to spare, would you consider beta testing for us? Since this thread opened, we've had one beta tester sign up. We could use more, I'm sure.

If you're interested, check out the initial post in this thread to find out what's required and shoot Zbyl2 a PM.

Thank you for your attention.

I'm having tests this week. Is it launched yet - or finished? xD

In a week, I'll be free.

Indeed, we'll be testing a mod until release - there is still content to be added (side-quests mostly) so they will need to be tested, too!

I'm interested in Beta Testing. Just tell me what mods to uninstall and stuff.

I have the latest official game patch for the game, Skip Peragus mod, Skip Telos' Surface mod, TSLRCM 1.7 and TSLRCM 1.7 Ravager Black Screen Fix

Im' also interested on beta testing, I've got like 2 weeks free, next week I won't have any classes and finished the tests for now. I have installed recently the game with the patch, nothing else, I'm currently downloading the TSLRCM 1.7 now

Just a little reminder to all.

Some testers reported "many typo's and grammatical errors"... which... is pretty useless.

If you're volunteering for testing it's your job to report said typo's, not just ignore them and then later mention you noticed several.

Personally I screenshot typo's (so no need for paper or minimalising TSL), then later open those screenshots and fix the errors shown. In your case it'll probably be reporting them instead, though.

Just thought I mention it...

I have a lot of free time so I probably could test. Just a question, could the "Prologue - Peragus - Harbinger Correction Mod" be installed as well? If not it is fine just I don't see the real harm of it being included.

No, since TSLRCM 1.7/1.8 (required for M4-78EP) is incompatible with that mod.

So if you have it, uninstall it before testing M4-78EP (If zbyl invites you in of course that is)...

I saw a good quote from Trex over at LucasForums on what he requires from his beta-testers. As we require the same level of commitment, I'll post it here.

Remember, beta testing isn't just a case of 'I get to play it before everyone else.' A level of serious commitment will be needed. You will be expected to play the mod with a notepad by your side, stopping to make articulate notes every couple of minutes, then type the entire thing up and send it to me.

There is a good chance you could be sending me the equivalent of a small essay! Consider carefully whether you want to do this or not.

Just saying "There are some grammar mistakes" and not stating what and where they are is unacceptable.

Hello. I would like to do some testing for you. Every weekend I play TSL or KOTOR and now i'm getting into the mods for TSL. I found out about this mod and the Restored Content Mod. I will test the mod properly, I will explain what and where things are that are either wrong or such. I don't want to do this just to be able to play the mod, but to help you out in getting it finished.

I will test it properly, I promise that.

Ninko

While I regret of not being in a position to beta test this very interesting mod, I am still wondering if good quality feedback is being provided by actual beta testers.

Are you guys satisfied with how this is progressing?

Thanks!

I'll be doing a Light & Dark runthrough when TSLRCM v1.8 is released. If you still need testers then, I'd be happy to help! :cool:

If you still need testers, I'm free through mid to late august, so have literally unending amounts of free time. Would be glad to play through the beta and find any and all typos/bugs I can for a good cause.