Sign in to follow this  
Darth Hayze

HK-50 encounters...

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but the past three times I've run into the HK's, I've had HK-47 with me. The droids have their dialog about being unable to attack, yet when the combat starts they have no problem attacking me while Mr. 47 just stands by temp. removed from my party as I get shot by droids that can't shoot...

That's not a bug, that HK-47's programming. He can't shoot his own kind. Well, at least when he's with you. He kills plenty of HK-50s in the HK factory, when he's alone. Btw the time when I brought HK-47 with me at a fight with 3 HK-50s, I was around level 24 so I had no problem with them.

I understand that. I'm not saying his being unable to shoot is a bug. At the start of the encounter the HK-50's complain about being unable to attack, BUT are still able to attack. That is what I'm wondering if it is a bug.

I think they say that in reference to HK-47 (i.e., they can't attack him but they certainly can attack you).

That's what I thought at first, idk...

At what point does HK torture a 50-unit? I've encountered at least five groups with him in my party, two more than the requisite three HK-47 mentioned.

You should get the cutscene when you go to the Ebon Hawk. Try leaving and entering a couple times, or switching planets.

When you goto your Active Quests/Completed Quests (check both) in your Journal, do you see an entry about the Droid Warehouse? What does it say?

Guest LividLindy

You should get the cutscene when you go to the Ebon Hawk. Try leaving and entering a couple times, or switching planets.

When you goto your Active Quests/Completed Quests (check both) in your Journal, do you see an entry about the Droid Warehouse? What does it say?

Is HK-47 supposed to make any comment after we fight the HK-50s? I met my first group after rebuilding HK-47 on my way off of Dantooine. I killed them but he kind of just stood there and never said anything, then spawned a copy of himself when I started moving. I tried talking to him on the ship but he never mentioned it. Or does it only update after you fight all three groups?

Here is a screenshot (1280x1024) of how he spawned a copy of himself:

7x68b.jpg

Well that's not supposed to happen.

* Hassat Hunter earned the "Captain Obvious" award. *

Other mods? After the battle the *same* HK-47 is obviously supposed to be added, not another one instead... :/

Guest LividLindy

Well that's not supposed to happen.

* Hassat Hunter earned the "Captain Obvious" award. *

Other mods? After the battle the *same* HK-47 is obviously supposed to be added, not another one instead... :/

The only other mods I used were the ones from the list of compatible mods. The only one I could think that would be related to HK-47 was the Droid Enhancement mod by ElecManEXE but if it's on the compatible list I imagine others have tested it without those kinds of results.

Apart from that I used things like invisible headgear and a few things listed as fixes, but no other major mods besides TSLRCM.

I haven't met another group of HK-47 assassin droids (except the three T3-M4 meets during his section of Nar Shadaa) so I'm not sure if it was just a one time thing. I'll try to let you know if it happens again.

Guest LividLindy

After killing the 2nd group on Nar Shadaa HK-47 behaved as expected and the quest updated saying I'd killed two groups. I then killed a third and it worked again fine. Also, when I entered the Ebon Hawk I got the scene of HK-47 torturing an HK-50 droid and he said we should go to Telos. I think it all works then so it was just that first time I had that oddity for some reason.

...Mr. 47 just stands by temp. removed from my party as I get shot by droids that can't shoot...

Same here. In vanilla, the HK-50 units can't fire at any of the party. They just stand there and can't attack, while HK-47 is removed from the party but just stands there.

In TSLRCM, I've noticed the vanilla HK-47 spawns still function this way (i.e. the squad located outside the Enclave on Dantooine and a couple others), but the additional HK-50 spawns (such as the squads of them that show up after blowing up GO-TO's Yacht) don't. In the additional spawns added by TSLRCM, HK-47 is removed from party as normal, and the HK-50s give their embarrassed speech about how they can't fire, but then they proceed to fire at everyone in the party except HK-47.

Other times having HK-47 in the party on Nar Shadaa causes TSLRCM added HK-50 squads to not spawn at all (e.g. when you have to play as Bao-Dur, Atton, and one additional party member and try to rescue the Exile. No HK-47, I run into a few squads of HK-50s in addition to the Gand and Zhugs. Reloaded and selected HK-47, and no HK-50s in sight. I'm presuming this was intentional though?).

No mods installed except TSL 1.8.5. 

On 9/9/2018 at 5:08 PM, Captain_Artenon said:

Other times having HK-47 in the party on Nar Shadaa causes TSLRCM added HK-50 squads to not spawn at all (e.g. when you have to play as Bao-Dur, Atton, and one additional party member and try to rescue the Exile. No HK-47, I run into a few squads of HK-50s in addition to the Gand and Zhugs. Reloaded and selected HK-47, and no HK-50s in sight. I'm presuming this was intentional though?).

This part is intentional yes, as I've played through the mod many times and noticed that whenever 47 is selected, the HK-50s will not appear during this sequence, because of the self preservation programming I'm assuming.