Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Team Gizka officially dead

Looks like the Team Gizka website is now completely dead. What a shame...

Guest DragonEmperor

I admire them for what they did for the restored content mod that we all know and love now. I know that quite a few people also loved their forum. Its not surprising to see it down though. I believe that there was barely one person working on it at some point. I guess it was inevitable.

It is indeed a sad fate for the project that made possible the project that actually happened...

I have several things to say:

As people have already said, TSLRP made other projects such as TSLRCM possible. In fact, it made efficient modding of both games possible due to the tools and motivation that resulted from the project.

I salute the original members and founders of Team Gizka for effectively establishing this community, and hope that if they happen to return to LucasForums and such, they will be satisfied with how this turned out.

However, I am personally glad that the site is over. All it was at that point was a graveyard of aspirations.

Guest staticjoe66

I would have been very interested to see TSLRP's finished project compared to what Stoney, Zybl and the others put together. I know Wookiepedia tried to make the 2 restoration mods out to be some sort of vicious cut-throat competition they never were but again I would be most curious to see if the TSLRP would have been as good as the TSLRCM turned out to be...FWTW...

As people have already said, TSLRP made other projects such as TSLRCM possible. In fact, it made efficient modding of both games possible due to the tools and motivation that resulted from the project.

I salute the original members and founders of Team Gizka for effectively establishing this community, and hope that if they happen to return to LucasForums and such, they will be satisfied with how this turned out.

However, I am personally glad that the site is over. All it was at that point was a graveyard of aspirations.

If they would have finished it, I'm guessing it would be slightly smaller in amount of content restored but more bug fixes and tweaks throughout the game.

Nobody's stopping you from downloading their leaked beta.

Sadly it's 1.0b8, 1.0b11 was supposed to fix the 4 (or more? I think there were more... just these I remember) glaring gamestopping bugs in that version (all can be worked around though if you know how). Not to mention fix the horrible mess that the HK Factory is there.

Still got a host of bugs we fixed though, it's by no way less bugfree than TSLRCM 1.6A.

A few nice things they do we don't have:

* A few fighting animations during the Atton/Handmaiden cutscene. As mentioned elsewhere though it doesn't quite work as it should, but it's the thought that matters.

* The G0-T0/Remote cutscene got tweaked so Remote no longer falls through the floor, and Goto now stretches his 'arm' so it appears that he is installing something. That was a nice tweak.

* Entering of the EH (Red Eclipse) looks better with their animated camera. Sadly it's one of the 4 glaring gamestopping bugs though, so make sure you got Kreia in your party when triggering it.

* The "exile is dead" scene leading up to Malachor is nice. Although it follows up to the GenoHaradan on NS scene which is more than meh.

Probably miss some stuff, but this is what comes up in my mind...

EDIT:

And a few dubious decisions they made you have to live with if you do.

* They "fixed" the influence system, making it harder to get INF with teammates. Which pretty much screws over Bao-Dur. And Mira, if they didn't intruce an infinte INF exploit in their conversation (how nice biggrin.gif).

* If you saved your teammates on Malachor this would take away -2 to all stats (STR, DEX, CON) or from one of the stats at random, and lowered saves. Don't recall quite what it was, too long ago. It doesn't really matter too much, seeing how OP the exile is by that point, but I know several people over at the TG forums hated this...

Edited by Sith Holocron

* If you saved your teammates on Malachor this would take away -2 to all stats (STR, DEX, CON) or from one of the stats at random, and lowered saves. Don't recall quite what it was, too long ago. It doesn't really matter too much, seeing how OP the exile is by that point, but I know several people over at the TG forums hated this...

Actually, I think that is a good idea, because it makes sense if you think about this sentence :

When the exile enters the Trayus Academy, she will be faced with a choice.

One path, assuming she survives, will allow her to save her friends, but she shall be the weaker for it.

The other route will lead her directly to this place, through the ones that have hounded her steps through the beginning... and she shall have her vengeance.

Kreia

So, in my opinion, there really should be a consequence if you decide to save your party.

Btw, I'm a long-time lurker who's finally decided to show up and post. I admire the amount of work that was put is TSLRCM. Thanks a lot ! :D

I was not really happy with their game tweaks, such as the reduced stats. I felt it was sort of arbitrary and should have been a separate mod altogether. If they really wanted to make consequences, do it in the context of the story rather than take away my earned stats.

And if the Exile is OP, I have a solution for that: Achiles' Game Rebalancing Mod. It doesn't completely make the game fair, but it does make it challenging.

Actually, I think that is a good idea, because it makes sense if you think about this sentence :

That's what they went on for that change, yes...

When the Exile enters the Trayus Academy, she will be faced with a choice.

One path, assuming she survives, will allow her to save her friends, but she shall be the weaker for it.

The other route will lead her directly to this place, through the ones that have hounded her steps through the beginning... and she shall have her vengeance.

Kreia

Or . . . either have more Sith Acolytes attack you or make the enemies have more force powers.

I was not really happy with their game tweaks, such as the reduced stats. I felt it was sort of arbitrary and should have been a separate mod altogether. If they really wanted to make consequences, do it in the context of the story rather than take away my earned stats.

Well, if you want it to make sense in the context of the story, how about this :

Trayus Academy is a place channeling the energies of the dark side, right ? It could "punish" you for showing concern about the fate of your friends. Such things have already happened on Dxun, in Freedon Nadd's tomb :

Break the ritual, now!

{Arg! As one of the Sith is consumed by the Dark Side backlash}

I hope I make myself clear. English is not my native language.

These are my sentiments as well.

Guest GarfieldJL

While I am saddened that their project is dead, I wouldn't wish any modder group ill, I really think they kind of shot themselves in the foot numerous times. (Sorry if this seems like I'm dragging up an old topic but this is the first I've seen this thread). Further when their project was running into trouble they should have asked other people to join in (people that knew coding, etc.). Instead they tried to hide it, and keep people's hope up. While I can understand part of this, I feel if they were having problems they should have let people know. Then again if not for their behavior TSLRCM probably wouldn't exist so maybe it was for the best.

well, its because of TLSRC that i found this website and the TLSRCM

Same here. Really, TSLRCM would never have been made if Team Gizka hadn't started first.