Sign in to follow this  
ZM90

Your Personal Game of the Year

Personal Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

Rating: 10/10

Why:It's the longest 3D Zelda adventure I ever played. The changes to the formula make it so fresh and yet it still feels like Zelda. It's got 1:1 motion controls that make the combat amazing. The overworld feels like a dungeon in some ways, characters have more depth to them than previous titles, and the dungeons are some of the best in the series. It has a very good difficulty level and one of the most epic story-lines in the history of Zelda. Truly the best way to cap off the celebration of 25 years of Zelda.

Honorable Mentions

Sonic Generations (Xbox360)

Rating: 9.8/10

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Rating: 9/10

Dragon Age II (Xbox360)

Rating: 8/10

Discuss

I haven't had the chance to play Skyward Sword yet, unfortunately. And other than that, there haven't been too many games this year that interest me. So my vote's going to have to go to Age of Empires: Online. Portal 2 as a close second.

i would say skyrim or something like that i was going to say fable 3 but that came out last year and it has to many bugs and glitches :/

Game of the year:

1. TES Skyrim

2. Batman Arkham City

3. Portal 2

4. Deus Ex Human Revolution

Crap of the year:

1. Dragon Age II

2. SW The Old Republic (according to the open beta)

My favourite games of 2011:

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

My brother got this on Boxing Day, and I must say, that I am hooked. Absolutely great!

Portal 2

Absolutely fantastic! Though I have little desire to play it again... it's one of those games that you play through once, completely enjoy yourself, then leave it for a long time before you play again.

Game I have to mention:

Age of Empires Online

This, unfortunately cannot be named GOTY in my opinion. It was a mistake on Microsoft's part in my opinion. I enjoyed it for a while, but it has faded. I'll likely give it another go with the Skirmish hall coming out this month, but I've almost given up on it. I've realized that I play games for their story, which AOEO has very little of. Such a shame...

Anticipated games of the future:

Command and Conquer Generals 2:

I didn't like the first Generals, but with Bioware watching over the game, I think we can expect a decent story this time.

RUMOURED: Battlefront 3 and\or Jedi Knight game

Spark Unlimited is working on something... TuggieGameReviews (youtube guy) is convinced it's a Star Wars game... I'll be watching...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" Cave Johnson

Portal 2 FTW

I loved Dragon Age II. A bit short lived, but still, I think it is a vast improvement over DA I, engine wise.

Still didn't played Portal 2 and Arkham City.

Never liked TES series, Skyrim didn't changed that.

Dragon Age II is a good game, but... it's NOT A DRAGON AGE!!! I was expecting old-school hardcore RPG like the first one, but they made it much more casual.

SW TOR... I don't play MMO's.

So, my personal game-of-the-year is... Deus EX: Human Revolution. It has some flaws, but I really enjoyed it. It felt almost like the first Deus EX, which was really fantastic game.