JCarter426

MOD:JC's Czerka: Business Attire for K1

JC's Czerka: Business Attire for K1

Summary

This mod gives Czerka Corporation uniforms to several Czerka employee characters in the game who were missing them.

Installation

1. Extract files from the downloaded archive.
  2. Run Install.exe.
  3. Click "Install Mod" and select your game directory (default name SWKotOR).

Uninstallation

1. Remove the following files or replace them with backups if necessary:
    - modules/kas_m22aa.mod
    - modules/korr_m33aa.mod
    - modules/tat_m17ag.mod
    - modules/tat_m18aa.mod
    - override/appearance.2da
    - override/g_jordo.utc
    - override/JC_IthorianCz.mdl
    - override/JC_IthorianCz.mdx
    - override/JC_IthorianCz01.tpc
    - override/JC_RodianCz.mdl
    - override/JC_RodianCz.mdx
    - override/JC_RodianCz01.tpc

Compatibility

This mod is compatible with the KOTOR 1 Community Patch.

This mod is compatible with the KotOR 1 Restoration mod.

Permissions

This mod is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC 4.0).

CC BY-NC: This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator.

Credits

KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
TSLPatcher – stoffe & Fair Strides
ERFEdit – stoffe & Fair Strides
KOTORMax & MDLEdit – bead-v
NWMax – Joco
tga2tpc – ndix UR
xoreos tools – xoreos team https://xoreos.org/
BSRGAN – https://github.com/cszn/BSRGAN

Disclaimers

CZERKA CORPORATION RECORDS ARE AVAILABLE AT OUR REPRESENTATIVE KIOSK ON CORUSCANT. BUSINESS HOURS PLEASE.

Donations

If you enjoy my mods and would like to show your support in a monetary manner, you may do so via PayPal with this donation link.

For various legal and ethical reasons, this is entirely optional and is not a requirement to downloading or using any of my mods. I also do not create specific mods for hire.

I make mods as a hobby and will most likely do so regardless of any donations or lack thereof, but modding does take up a lot of my time and every bit helps.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/01/2023
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 2

Hello, JC!

Thanks for this new modification. I thought it could be part of the JC Fashion series though... 😄

My question for you is about the included Rodian texture. I noticed its size is enormous compared to the Ithorian texture. Is there a specific reason for it?

The original Rodian texture was higher resolution than the original Ithorian texture (512 vs 256) and they're both upscaled by 4x. The modified Rodian texture is also double-wide to include the Czerka clothing, whereas the modified Ithorian texture is mostly a reskin.

Most devices seem to be able to handle 4k textures, but if it proves to be an issue, I could downscale or remap it in a later release.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

The original Rodian texture was higher resolution than the original Ithorian texture (512 vs 256) and they're both upscaled by 4x.

Where did you find the 256x256 resolution Ithorian texture?

I say this because in K2 the Ithorian textures are a low-res 256x256 whereas in K1 the "C_Ithorian01/2/3" textures should be the standard 512x512.

14 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

Ah, it's possible I grabbed the KOTOR 2 one by accident. It probably won't affect much, but maybe I'll fiddle with them in a future version.

If you look at the upscaled texture in-game the Ithorian's skin looks like it was painted on, I reckon this paint effect would've been less pronounced with the K1 texture, however, I doubt people are going to look beyond the hat to notice ;)

• Like 1