Snigaroo

Mod Build Request Thread - KOTOR 2

A companion to the KOTOR Mod Build Request Thread for requesting specific content for potential integration into the mod builds. Please see the KOTOR 1 thread for a (very) detailed breakdown about what the purpose of these requests are, and why I'm choosing to do them now.

There is one part I would like to renewedly stress: completion of any of the below does not guarantee inclusion in the mod builds. Which is a bit of a pain in the ass, I know, but if I requested a lightsaber mod and you made one but each lightsaber had +10 STR and +20 ATK, that might be a bit imbalanced. That's an extreme example, but I hope you all follow what I mean: the more complex the mod is the more scrutiny I'll have to put it under to ensure it meets the builds' content standards. That means it might be of benefit to you to communicate with me during the development process, either here or on the Discord, to make sure that the mod as you're producing it fits the build standard, OR that we can setup an alternate install option with a different setup that does.

- - -

A Brief Breakdown of how this Works:

Mod requests are split into two broad categories: New Mods and Patches to existing mods. Generally speaking Patch requests will be easier, but I will also attempt to place requests in order of what I think the assumed difficulty of each request is. I will probably regularly be very wrong.

As I mentioned previously, this list is never going to be exhaustive. If you have an idea for a mod that you think would fit into the builds well, feel free to reach out to me and discuss it, as long as you're comfortable with me giving you pre-release feedback. I'm happy to do so, but as I said I don't want to presume and initiate such a conversation on my own.

Whenever a mod request is fulfilled I will remove it from this list, and whenever I come up with a new idea I will edit it into this OP as well as posting a comment talking about the new request.

- - -

Mod Requests:

Recast Mira

Spoiler

Probably among the hardest mods here to accomplish simply because it would need to be done without AI. I think most of us can agree that Mira's VA sounded like she was phoning in her performance. There's very little passion, emotion or energy in her acting, and it makes what could conceptually be a very strong and intruiging character less interesting than her growling carpet counterpart.

Pipedream though it may be, I would very much like to eventually see a 100% dialogue replacement of Mira's VO with that of a new actress who can actually give some emotion to the performance.

Malachor V Redux

Spoiler

Malachor is stunning in its design intent, and a wet fart in its execution. I have this mental image of Avellone high as a kite, glassy-eyed and joyously ranting about how Malachor will have abrupt cliff faces, lava floes, jagged mountaintops and deep canyons and the design crew looking on in abject horror.

I think there's a lot of potential in the concept of Malachor, but its execution has got to be reworked. The thing is, broadly speaking I agree with the idea of Malachor having huge caverns to disorient and tight lava vents that box the player in to narrow passageways; huge canyons that the player has to cross at specific points and jagged mountains that rise seemingly from nowhere where the planet's plates collided violently. The issue is that, presently, the textures on Malachor are virtually identical and do little to accentuate the different biomes which would have comprised these areas prior to the cataclysm, and oftentimes--either due to laziness, miscommunication or simple limitations in modeling tools--the planet just wound up having little spikes everywhere and some small fissures in the ground that give off green light. That's not aesthetically appealing or interesting, and I'd go so far as to say the stupid green backlighting actually takes the player out of the experience of the planet as an object of suffering and serves to help them ignore the implications of what they're seeing.

Ships being stuck inside Malachor’s surface is a nice touch and should remain, but I think many surfaces should look more gentle and molded, like molten rock flowed over them after the cataclysm, with only a few zones where there’s a lot of jagged and impossible combinations of rock, making it clear those zones are where parts of the planet were forcibly pushed into one another when the Mass Shadow Generator activated. Malachor should be less about running around a twisted and twisting landscape to get to the core and more about traversing the geological formations themselves, on your way down (such as, for example, running down a lava flow to the level below, then being forced to use a crashed ship as a bridge over a chasm, then climbing through a lava duct to get to an open plain). In short, it should be about designing the aesthetic not to make the planet look like hell on earth, but to make it clear that this used to be a pristine, beautiful world, and to bring home the cost by showing just how utterly devastated this once-verdant planet’s surface was when the cataclysm took place.

That's not everything, though. To cap all the problems off, Malachor suffers from the cardinal sin of not focusing on the Exile's experience of the planet. Even Dxun does a better job of showing the consequences of the Exile's past on the world, and implying the sorts of feelings she might have to walk its surface again. Malachor should be not just a visually but also emotionally brutal experience, harsher even than the records the Exile finds on Dxun. Dozens of crashed ships, datapads cursing the Jedi, starved corpses huddled against the sides of ships or skeletons buried in lava—the surface should be fucked up beyond anything else you see in the game. Also completely devoid of anything man-made, save the ruins of the ships and the academy itself—no more Great Storm Beast pen.

So yeah, piece of cake, right? Especially given the problem of what the .bik movies show Malachor looking like. I get this is an immense request, and if anybody even wanted to try tackling it they would probably not be able to achieve the entirety of my vision for it, and I'm not really expecting all of this (though I'd love it). But the closer that players can get to the idea of what Malachor should have been like, the better.

Negative Influence, Negative Consequences

Spoiler

Presently, in the dumbest design decision known to man, maximum influence causes companions to tell you their deepest, darkest secrets, while minimum influence causes them to tell you their deepest, darkest secrets while opposing everything you stand for. Say what now.

Harshly negative influence should cause companions to reveal unique things to the player that positive influence doesn’t (though writing would need to be careful here not to characterize the characters or their pasts in ways which we don't know for certain are true), but should ultimately be a more destructive route that results in hatred, betrayals and a denial of the Exile, instead of merely following the opposing path while still remaining by her. They should be more curt, dismissive and less willing to communicate with an Exile they hate, similar to a less extreme version of how the Handmaiden currently behaves if she grows jealous of Visas. Some, like G0-T0 or HK-47 (after he interrogates all the HK-50 units he wants to, anyway) might choose to abandon the Exile entirely if their influence is to low.

And, even for those who feel obliged to remain, the consequences for being despised might be significant. An Exile who’s hated by the Handmaiden shouldn’t be able to count on her support when arriving at Telos, for example; the Handmaiden should side against the Exile, even if Atris betrays her. A Visas who hates the Exile (if that's even possible) should refuse to stand against Nihilus and choose to fight with him against the Exile.

Obviously this would take a whole lot of AI VO to do, the complexity and story implications aside.

Influence that Actually Influences

Spoiler

Related in scope to the above, I have never ceased being annoyed that you can have fully corrupted the Handmaiden, for example, and turned her against Atris, yet if you walk up to a beggar and cut his limbs off she scolds you for your cruelty. Lady you are in all black and your face looks like the grand canyon, get off your high horse.

I suspect that this will be quite difficult to do, not just because of scope but also because it would need to take many variables into account, but I would very much like a mod which realistically deals with corruption and redemption. If you corrupt the Handmaiden, she should think like a Sith and behave like a Sith, and that extends beyond just dialogue but to influence opportunities as well, such that she should grow to despise the LS actions she would initially support, and only gain influence from cruelty.

Bonus points on this request if it took into account the present alignment of a character when considering how they respond to questions. For instance, Canderous could say the same thing, but his rationale behind it might be different if the Exile has high influence with him and, thus, he is presently leaning into the Light. I feel like this in particular could lead to some fascinating dialogues that I would be interested in helping out with personally, especially for characters like Hanharr, when they try to justify their beliefs through an entirely different perspective.

This would require AI VO to do, naturally.

Restored Disciple Holocron Quest

Spoiler

Once the pipedream of all pipedreams, with the advent of AI VO the restoration of the Holocron quest, and possibly the salvation of the single most milquetoast character in the history of the universe, may finally be possible. This is one of my most-desired requests, as I think it has some of the biggest implications for the health of the story overall. I would love to see this completed, and @JCarter426 has done at least some work in this direction already.

Expanded Jedi Training

Spoiler

For being a game one of the main foci of which is finding the hidden Jedi, training them is an incredibly minor, tangential, and even largely useless part of the experience, even with TSLRCM. It should be possible for the Exile to have a much greater influence in how the Jedi who have never before utilized the Force develop. This doesn't necessarily need to be handled in gameplay or mechanical terms, although expanded sequences of the Exile making choices about what to train her apprentices in and what methods to use in that training would be very welcome (as opposed to TSLRCM's current "press button learn feat" method, which is better than nothing but certainly leaves much to be desired). My main hope, however, would be to just have a few flavor scenes with each companion where they can sit down and talk with the Exile about the Force and their perspectives, thereby giving the player the ability not just to see some additional depth from the companions, but also to give their Exile further characterization based upon how they choose to answer those questions and train their Padawan.

This would, of course, require AI VO.

Exile Influencing Influence

Spoiler

Are you sensing a pattern with these requests yet?

One of the other criticisms I have of influence is its nature as a limited resource. On the one hand, it needs to be. Yet, on the other, its limited nature pidgeonholes the player into taking specific companions to certain areas because they simply won't be able to achieve their influence goals if they don't do so, and this significantly damages the game's variability. If I always take HK to the Refugee Sector because I need to get influence with him there, I'm going to always miss the unique dialogue other companions would have had in that zone. Worse still, the complex and limited nature of influence virtually guarantees that new players are going to struggle to properly influence their companions, and many are never going to be able to unlock their full dialogue trees at all.

Yet the whole game we hear that the Exile is tugging on her companions, SUBTLY influencing their actions and beliefs. Why does influence only need to come from the things your companions see you do firsthand, or what you speak to them about directly? You have a Force bond with every single one of them (except the droids, anyway); you should be able to tug on that bond and nudge them in the direction you like.

I do have some firm ideas about this one, simply because I've thought about it at length. This system can't be too strong or else it will trivialize influence, nor should it be without consequences. I propose that, starting after the Exile attains their prestige class, they should unlock the ability to 'tug' on any given companion, pulling their influence either up or down, one time for each companion. The strength of the pull the Exile applies to the bond would determine the outcome, with more extreme force resulting in more extreme consequences, but even the smallest pull should have downsides, as the Exile is sublimating the will of the companion to their own. Each instance of 'tugging' should give DS points proportional to how hard the Exile 'pulled', and the 'pull' should have negative consequences to the subject's attributes, to represent the physiological consequences of the Exile's forcible, damaging influence against them. I we're spitballing a system of Low/Medium/High 'pulling' with each corresponding to 8/16/24 Influence, I would say that the attribute penalties should roughly map to -1/-2/-4, of course focusing on that character's most critical attribute. The consequences for using this system should be quite significant, but it should be an option to the player.

Tightened-Up Endgame

Spoiler

There's only so much that can be done here, of course, but again with the assistance of AI VO, some can. Some of Kreia's VO when confronting the Lost Jedi can be restored, based on VO which was recorded for Atris; Canderous can be given specific dialogue about leading the companions out from the Trayus rather than relying on repeat VO and splicing; and the companions he's leaving can have final conversations with the player, as is their nature begging them to come with them or wishing them well. Comparisons between Atris's written & recorded dialogue and what Kreia has available at the core could also lead to some specific VO from Kreia explaining her plans for the Force in more detail, which might benefit the coherence of the game as a whole.

Comprehensive Lightsaber Mod

Spoiler

Think USM, but with better balance, consistency, and less bloat. I would love to see a comprehensive take on a lightsaber mod which includes proper unique hilts for the game's most important Jedi and Sith, while also including a variety of unique hilts that the player can find, craft and/or modify. The landscape for hilt mods has been far too limited to this point, I feel, with much of the focus either being solely on unique hilts for NPCs or tying redesigns to color crystals, rather than a comprehensive joining of both concepts. And, of course, most mods are old enough that they didn't have the opportunity to take advantage of @Crazy34's excellent saber lighting.

@JCarter426 is cooking something here and could use help, but with no disrespect intended to my co-author I'm not fully wedded to his concept. I think there are multiple ways to do a good saber mod, and whether in the form of assistance to JC or a standalone shot at it I would love to see some attempts made.

Comprehensive Melee Model/Texture Improvement

Spoiler

We have SithSpecter's incredible HQ Blasters, and about a billion lightsaber mods of every variety. We have AI upscales of every area in the game (of dubious quality though many are), and almost all the characters. What we most decidedly do not have is a comprehensive and high-quality texture (and, if necessary, model) improvement package for melee weapons, which seem to languish. At best there are a handful of standalones, but oftentimes these standalones aren't broadly respectful of the aesthetic design of the vanilla weapons, and even those that are only cover a small proportion of the weapons available ingame. This would be a major visual consistency improvement.

Restored Bao-Dur Death

Spoiler

For a long time, Bao-Dur's sudden disappearance at endgame has confused and confounded. We know that he was meant to have died helping HK-47 get into the HK Factory, but we don't see that conveyed ingame in any convincing way. Having that restored would help add emotional weight to the Factory itself, as well as making the sequence with Remote on Malachor's surface that much more poignant.

For those who want to take a stab at this, @N-DReW25 has pointed me to a variant of Bao-Dur's "make my sacrifice matter" line which is cleaned up and has no background audio, which might make it possible to restore this sequence without the need for AI VO.

Give Me Back My Goddamn Lightsaber

Spoiler

I have never, ever, ever, EVER gotten over Atris keeping my lightsaber. It lives in my head rent-free. I know thematically the point is to move on from the past that saber represents, and in gameplay terms the goal is to keep the Exile away from having a saber for half a planet more, but man, COME ON! The way I roleplay my Exile, that saber represents the same defiance and certainty that they displayed the last time they faced the Council, and they would have wanted it back from Atris at all costs.

I know some content exists which lets you get the saber back already, but it has some problems with it: it's too easy to achieve and it doesn't take advantage of AI VO opportunities, which I think would probably be necessary to make this work well.

Stealing it really isn't an option, which leaves only convincing Atris to give it to you willingly. I think you should only be able to convince her to give it to you if you promise your help to find the other Jedi and end the conversation on a good note (without her saying "leave this place, leave Telos"). In that event, she would be willing to let you 'borrow' the saber, to help defend you on your quest.

And I swear I will pound her fucking ass with it when I see her next.

Anyway this would need to be tied into the lightsaber quest as an alternate way to end the quest early; otherwise, you would just construct a new lightsaber as normal.

Base Attack Bonus Alterations

Spoiler

Recently some users have been pointing out that the different Jedi classes in KOTOR 2 feel unpleasantly similar, because their Base Attack Bonus is all the same. This is something I'd very much like to have rectified, both across the starting classes and the prestige classes, but doing so would require significant testing of how Sentinel and Consular classes behave on Peragus and Telos at higher difficulties. I think we can safely say that the difficulty of KOTOR 2 becomes trivial after Telos no matter what you do, so rigorous testing beyond that probably isn't critical, but NPC tuning might be required on Telos and Peragus to make Sentinel/Consular classes with lower BAB viable.

Uncertain Friends

Spoiler

Depending upon who you side with on the planets across the Republic, you should receive less support at the Battle of Telos. Vaklu hates the Republic and would not spare any of his soldiers to defend it, even at your request; similarly, if Azkul, who was contracted by the Sith, is running things on Dantooine then Dantooine has all but seceded from the Republic, and he certainly wouldn't send men to die on its behalf. Putting either in power should remove their associated troops from the fight, and leave you with just the TSF and Mandalorian forces present for support.

Ritual, What Ritual?

Spoiler

People (me included, when I was younger) sometimes have gone years without realizing that the Sith Lords in the tomb on Dxun were doing a ritual to control the beasts on Onderon, and that the breaking of that ritual causes the beast on Onderon to go mad. I think it would be pretty easy to convey that, as simple as having a brief vision of beasts elsewhere in the tomb suddenly start to rage and attack their handlers when the ritual is broken. That should help convey that the ritual was what allowed the control of the beasts, and explain how important the tomb mission really was. 

Immersive Ingame Influence

Spoiler

Users want to be able to see their influence level with companions ingame, but the only mod I'm aware of which presently allows for this is Remote Tells Influence, which, to put it lightly, leaves a little something to be desired. Saying "you're perceptive, what do my companions think of me?" and having a glorified sensor ball spit numeric values at you is not precisely immersive.

I would very much like to have an improved version of this mod, possibly using T3 instead of the Remote, or even an entirely different companion using AI VO, and replacing the immersion-breaking numeric readout with text values (for instance, "Atton isn't sure what to think about you" for a value between 50-60, then it might move to "Atton is beginning to trust you" from 61-70).

Malachor Mine Trip Visibility Fix

Spoiler

The little cracks in Malachor's surface give off poisonous gas when you step over them, which is a nice touch. The problem is, this is accomplished via the presence of mines that simply have their glowing effect radius removed. You can still see the mines themselves backlit against the green glow under the planet's crust, and you can even see them pop up and activate when you walk over them. Some way to hide or obscure this behavior would be great.

Patches/Alterations

NOTE: Just because I list a mod here for patching does not mean that open modification permissions have been given by the author! Some of these patches can be achieved through standalone patches that require the original mod to function, but some of them might require receiving permission from the original author to proceed!

Also bear in mind that, though I'm requesting patches for the below mods, there's nothing that mandates that the requested features have to be accomplished in the form of a patch. If you'd rather rework the entire mod (or multiple mods!) from the ground up in a different format, go for it, and let's see which is a better implementation!

Peragus Sith Troops to Sith Assassins / Sith Assassins with Lightsabers Compatch

Spoiler

Presently, the way these two mods shake out, there are two issues. First: in the turret gunner sequence, what are supposed to be Sith Assassins show up as Sith troopers when running up to the Ebon Hawk. Second, the Sith Assassins which board the ship don't use lightsabers. Because I love consistency, I'd like the first issue to be fixed. Because I hate my playerbase, I'd also like the second issue to be fixed.

Do note Shem has given completely open permissions to modify and redistribute any of his mods as desired, so his content is fair play to edit.

Sith Assassins with Lightsabers Lightsaber Sanity Patch

Spoiler

In addition to the above compatibility issues between PSTtSA and SAwL, Sith Assassins with Lightsabers has a few outstanding issues of its own.

The first is a proper bug which I believe is tied to the mod but could feasibly be related to some other part of the mod builds which causes Sith Assassins to spawn continuously during the Mandalorian camp defense on Dxun. They're meant to spawn and quickly be taken down, but I've had dozens of them spawn and the fight prolonged for ages while using this mod, and I'd love to have that part of it fixed.

The second issue isn't really a bug but more of a logic thing--if these Sith all have lightsabers, why didn't Kreia and the Exile grab one or two while on Peragus? Thinking of some way to explain, even maybe just in a brief ingame cutscene, why they can't use the assassins' lightsabers would be nice for immersion. I don't have any particular ideas about how to achieve this, but I can tell you I will probably wind up being picky about what I consider sufficient rationale for the Exile not to arm herself with one, so talking your ideas through with me is probably a good idea.

Do note Shem has given completely open permissions to modify and redistribute any of his mods as desired, so this mod is fair play to edit.

Hide contents

Once the pipedream of all pipedreams, with the advent of AI VO the restoration of the Holocron quest, and possibly the salvation of the single most milquetoast character in the history of the universe, may finally be possible. This is one of my most-desired requests, as I think it has some of the biggest implications for the health of the story overall. I would love to see this completed, and @JCarter426 has done at least some work in this direction already.

I don't mean to ruin your ideal vision using AI, but VO was recorded for this... it's just that extensive scripting, placing waypoints, creating dialogue files, creating conditionals and potentially adding placeables jaded many modders from doing this in the past, myself included.

I don't think AI VO is necessary, unless JC says otherwise as I'm 99% sure he has the list of audio for such a project.

34 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I don't think AI VO is necessary, unless JC says otherwise as I'm 99% sure he has the list of audio for such a project.

I could be misremembering, but I spoke to JC about this a few months ago and from what I recall the consensus was that it could be done without AI VO, but it would be janky and imperfect. A lot of the VO was recorded, but not all of it and some of what's missing would require splicing, or lead to bumpy dialogue transitions or nonsensical sequences. JC can correct me if I'm thinking about a different project.

On 5/10/2023 at 11:14 PM, Snigaroo said:

I would love to see this completed, and @JCarter426 has done at least some work in this direction already.

I have made a fair bit of progress with this. I've created a system that makes it fairly easy for other mods to add new holocrons without requiring extra compatibility patches. I've achieved this by pacing acquisition of the holocrons similar to the lightsaber and Force forms, so which holocrons you receive depend on your character progression, rather than the order in which you visited the planets. The Disciple has reactions for generic Jedi and Sith holocrons, which would grant a random Force power or Force points similar to the dark taint in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd. My plan is for the base mod to include four Jedi and four Sith holocrons (i.e. three of each group of holocrons will have unique reactions and one will have the generic one). Any holocrons added by other mods would add to the count of generic holocrons without breaking anything.

What remains is to:

• Copy the same changes to the Disciple's Khoonda dialogue and modify it for the version with him there. I didn't want to do that manually, so I stopped working on it until a better option was available, and I think I have a good idea of how to write a tool to resolve this now.
  • Finish the holocron models. I started some, but I forget what state I left them in.
  • Implement cutscenes for examining the holocron, both on the Ebon Hawk and on Khoonda.
  • Place each holocron and implement the discovery cutscenes.
  • Finish the Disciple's Jedi training dialogue and implement the cutscene for it.
  • Get multiple people to test the game.

I also of course plan to design the mod to be compatible with any male Exile & Disciple mods such as Party Swap and Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance without much fuss.

Comprehensive Lightsaber Mod

@JCarter426 is cooking something here and could use help, but with no disrespect intended to my co-author I'm not fully wedded to his concept. I think there are multiple ways to do a good saber mod, and whether in the form of assistance to JC or a standalone shot at it I would love to see some attempts made.

As I said in the K1 thread, I have a WIP thread here, but it's out of date. The gist of it is that lightsaber color crystals as they function now would be replaced with items that include both a hilt and a color crystal, which you can assemble with different hilts and colors to change the final model that is rendered in the game. This is a design a few other mods have executed, although I think what makes my implementation different is that I figured out how to do it with minimal computer terminal dialogue.

The K2 mod would have to be a little different from K1 because it's not possible to give every character a unique design, both for technical and thematic reasons. Technically, there is a limit of how many lightsaber models can be added to the game. Every color counts as a separate model, so there are trade-offs with the number of distinct hilts one wants to provide and the number of colors that can be made available for each hilt. Thematically, the game does not provide any "canon" lightsaber colors for the player or party members, and it feels wrong to me to lock most of them into specific hilt designs with that in mind. The up side of not assigning a distinct hilt to each party member is that hilts could then be available for any color.

Regardless, as in the K1 version, other NPCs like the Jedi Masters would have unique hilts, and there would lootable lightsaber items with unique hilts, such as Freedon Nadd's. There would also be "material" hilts that could be crafted by finding rare items throughout the game. Maybe the player and party hilts could be handled by providing more of those options.

My priority is to finish the K1 version before moving on to K2, but I would welcome any contribution for either game.

• Like 1

For the BaB mod, this is possibly related  (though goes a lot further than you wanted);

This is the changelog for a feat mod I'm working on. It's for both K1 and K2, but fulfills the same function. There are a lot of changes in there, but most of them are minor consistency tweaks between the games, restorations, or small fixes, similar to JC's Feat Fixes. There is also a ton of QoL edits and description changes to make the games more new player friendly (and also old player friendly because the game does a really bad job explaining itself).

For K2, the major changes are restoring BaB and restoring the K1 style AC bonus feats. Instead of scaling forever, you just get the bonuses up to +6 at level 12. I've also stripped the bonuses from the Soldier and Jedi Prestige Classes (only Scoundrel, Droids, and Starting Jedi Classes get AC bonuses). This reduces player AC by 4-8 at level 30, without affecting the early game, but I'd like discussion on it.

I've made the Superior Weapon Focus and TwF feats generic. Now that BaB is restored, the Weapon Master and Marauder don't need them to stand out.

I've also tweaked the Saving Throws for most classes. Starting Jedi Classes are now in-between the Jedi and Sith prestige classes in terms of Saving Throws. I kept the Sith having slightly worse saves as I like it thematically, while making sure the Jedi Prestige classes get better saves than their base classes

Comprehensive Melee Model/Texture Improvement

Hide contents

We have SithSpecter's incredible HQ Blasters, and about a billion lightsaber mods of every variety. We have AI upscales of every area in the game (of dubious quality though many are), and almost all the characters. What we most decidedly do not have is a comprehensive and high-quality texture (and, if necessary, model) improvement package for melee weapons, which seem to languish. At best there are a handful of standalones, but oftentimes these standalones aren't broadly respectful of the aesthetic design of the vanilla weapons, and even those that are only cover a small proportion of the weapons available ingame. This would be a major visual consistency improvement.

Already mentioned this with Snigaroo in the Kotor Discord Server's Mod Development Chat when this request thread released, but I am working on a Texture Enhancement on the Melee weapons. I have already completed the Stun Batons, and have the Plasma Torch, swords, and axes left to do, but if anyone has some suggestions of what I could do on the swords, I'd gladly take them. 

2 hours ago, darthbdaman said:

For the BaB mod, this is possibly related  (though goes a lot further than you wanted);

This is the changelog for a feat mod I'm working on.

I'd need to play it myself to see, of course, but conceptually this sounds excellent. KOTOR 2's higher level cap and scaling make the game easier than it should be at basically any point after Telos, and lowered BAB on certain classes, plus reduced scaling AC, should help restore at least some of that difficulty. I'd be excited to try it, and even in the event I didn't like all changes it should--I hope--not be too difficult to create an install variant that contains just the changes desired for the builds.