13 Screenshots

About This File

HD NPC Portraits
for Knights of the Old Republic

v2.0 - 20200119 by ndix UR (DeadlyStream user)

This modification adds high resolution rendered portrait images for NPCs. The 1K portraits have 256x the resolution of the 64x64 originals. The portraits are rendered to match the poses, expressions, colors, and lighting of the vanilla portraits as closely as possible given the following constraints:

• Only vanilla textures (and my own additional maps based on same) are used

While the textures are quite low-res, most of the work was in material setup using a modern rendering engine, so even the vanilla textures still wind up looking much better than they have any right to. This is because of real lights, shading, and material properties, of which the original diffuse textures are only a part. I didn't really redo geometry, beyond appropriate use of edge split and subdivision surface modifiers.

It also includes 1K versions of the darkened placeholder portraits before you meet characters in-game.

BONUS

There's a portrait for Trask Ulgo, because why not. Also I've included additional alternative non-vanilla expressions for Mission & Jolee because I don't care for their vanilla expressions.

INSTALL / UNINSTALL

To install, copy the TPC files from the package Override/ folder to the Override/ folder for your KOTOR game installation.

To uninstall, remove the TPC files for this package from your KOTOR game Override/ folder.

LEGAL

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY OBSIDIAN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

The content of this mod is free for use and reuse, with no expressed or implied warranty; you can redistribute it, in original or modified form. If you do, a credit of some kind is nice but not required.

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

• Higher poly models
  • Vanilla facial expressions attempted
  • Includes alternatives for Jolee & Mission with v1 facial expressions on the new models
  • Better eye emission on HK47, light reflects off of arm now
  • Shadow is removed (separate package)
  • v1.1 still available for anyone who preferred any previous version portraits
  • Like 9

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

N-DReW25

Share this review

Link to review
djh269

Share this review

Link to review
jc2

Share this review

Link to review
Sith Holocron

Share this review

Link to review