N-DReW's K1 Gameplay Improvement DEMO 1.22.1

   (5 reviews)

67 Screenshots

About This File

A Mod for Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Author: N-DReW25
1.0 Release Date: 03.7.2016
1.22.1 Release Date: 12.12.2019

Installation:
1) Make sure you install my mod first before any other

2) Simply place the ALL the files within the "For Override" Folder into your Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic override folder

3) Then place ALL the files within the "For modules" Folder into your Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic modules folder

4) Make sure you place all the VO audio in "For Streamwaves" into your Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic streamwaves folder

5) Then place the "dialog.tlk" into the Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic folder and overwrite the one currently in there

This is not necessary though if you want the soldier uniforms in High Quality simply open the "Optional" folder and copy ALL the files within "HD Soldier textures" and place then in your override folder

Description:
N-DReW's Gameplay Improvement is an upcoming mod project that plans to cover the whole game by improving certain features in the game including NPC's, Party Members, Merchant Loot, Custom and Restored Content, Items, dialogue and much more. Future updates may yield content including small side quests! Please be aware this is only a DEMO and is incomplete but it does *plan* to span across the entire game and add new content!

1.21.1
Fixed a bug which broke the Grove Module
Modified Jon's dialogue
Fixed a minor inconsistency with "Mandalorian Recruits" and "Mandalorian Novices" with their armors

1.22.0
Added JC's Female Republic Soldier fix
Added Dak Drexl's Republic Soldier texture for male and female soldiers
Added JC's Bastila Slave Outfit
Removed Bastila's Lightsaber, for the duration of Taris the player will be unable to obtain a Lightsaber until Dantooine
Added Female Mandalorians by Inyri Forge, not only do you have the chance to see female Mandalorians you can also see Mandalorian variants from K1GI as females
Added Inyri Forge's Repulsor Shields mod, expect to see more enemies with Shields across the galaxy throughout future updates
Added Inyri Forge's Sunglasses mod, they can be obtained by a new Ithorian Merchant in Anchorhead and dropped from various NPCs in the future
Added the Force Pike from TSL, to be scattered across the galaxy in future updates
Sherruk has a unique appearance from the K1EP mod and now wields a Shield
Added DeadMan's Lightsaber Pikes
Removed the Mandalorian Vibroblade and replaced it with the Traditional Mandalorian Blades Resource by ndix UR
Added Cassus Fett on Lehon, he replaces the Mandalorian Commander and drops all of the "Cassus Fett" branded items
Added Camo variant Mandalorians on Kashyyyk
Added Armored Jedi Robes
Added Peragus Miner cameo
Added Jolee has new robes on Jolee and Malak's Jedi Robes inside the Lehon temple

For previous updates please check the update log

Main Features:
Trask is now a lore friendly Jedi Twi'lek (No more Trask Tutorial)
NPCs overhauled throughout all areas the mod covers
NPC Loot Drops overhauled
Merchant loot overhauled (Merchants now have lore friendly loot worth buying)
Item stats overhauled
Party Member and player stats overhauled
Movie Style Dark Side Transitions
Realistic Visual Effects
"Blasters Reloaded" style balance
Ported TSL Items
Various Cameos and custom created characters that are seen throughout the journey
New items


Incompatibilities:
Will be incompatible with anything that uses .mod files (So yes k1R and K1 NPC overhaul aren't compatible), appearance.2da, baseitems.2da, classes.2da, classpowergain.2da, featgain.2da, and regeneration.2da

If you want to know if a certain mod is incompatible with my mod please PM me on Deadlystream

If you have any suggestions for future idea's please give me a PM on Deadlystream and give me a detailed description of what you want and it may be considered (Don't be shy). If you would like to help the mod out I will accept whatever help I can especially if you can script or make textures!

Permissions:
You can NOT edit, upload to other websites or claim as your own without permission from me.

Thanks:
Bioware for such an amazing game
Obsidian for the second game and its assests
Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool
FairStrides for trying to help me with ERF Edit

VO Talent:
Zhaboka- Kaah Ohtok

Credits:
Bith Musician items/HK Melee Mod- Khrizby 
Dark Side Reimagined Mod- darksidebirdie
Jedi from the Start scripts- darthbdaman 
M200 Intervention Sniper model- Skateordie808
Realistic Visual Effects Mod, Jedi Robe Skins- Shem 
Various textures- 90SK
K1 Enchantment Pack assests- SpaceAlex
Wookiee, Echani, Combat Suit skins- redrob41
Dark Jedi Robe texture- Ankh
MedHypo mod- Rtas Vadum
Sith Commander, Manaan Sith Soldier Skins- Dak Drexl
Scout/Scoundrel uniforms- jonathan7 & FoolInTheWave
Force Fashion 2- jonathan7
Sungladdes, Shields, Female Mandalorians by Inyri Forge
Saber Pikes by DeadMan
Brotherhood of Shadow Assests- Silveredge9
Female republic soldier skin and the HD republic soldier skins- Dark Hope
Republic Helmet- SithSpector 
Revenge of Revan Assets- Logan423, RedRobe41, Paige Lehnert
Various Textures- Whyp
JC2, TheRealDarthRevan- Scripting aid
Sith Stalker- Qui-Gon Glenn, Dak Drexl, redrob41, Marius Fett, Varsity Puppet and j7
JC's Heads Modders Resource- JCarter426
Saeikan's Armors of the Old Republic Textures- Saeikan
Leviathan Differentiated Dialogue- Revanator
K1 Better Twi'lek Heads- Ashton Scorpius
Robes for Korriban Sith Students assests- Shem
JC's Vision Enchantment- JCarter426

This mod contains assets ported from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords by Obsidian Entertainment.

Legal:
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.


What's New in Version 1.22.1   See changelog

Released

1.21.1
Fixed a bug which broke the Grove Module
Modified Jon's dialogue
Fixed a minor inconsistency with "Mandalorian Recruits" and "Mandalorian Novices" with their armors

  • Like 4



User Feedback

Recommended Comments



A couple of questions: first, how far are you to completing this mod? And second, once you are done, will you consider doing a K2 Gameplay Improvement mod (with the obvious TSLRCM compatibility)?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Domino5555 said:

A couple of questions: first, how far are you to completing this mod? And second, once you are done, will you consider doing a K2 Gameplay Improvement mod (with the obvious TSLRCM compatibility)?

How far am I? I am now at a point where I am now disappointed at the fact that I am running out of planets, this is an educated guess but I'd say in less than at least 2 years Lehon would definitely be done though once I do finish the planets obviously updates after that would fix the mods bugs that may remain as well as implement anything else which isn't "too planet based" such as reskins and item placements for example.

 

As for K2 Gameplay Improvement, I am considering it and it will be TSLRCM compatible though TSL has "problems" that K1 doesn't.

First off, in order to be compatible with RCM I need to use the NPC Overhaul style patcher though from what I hear Kain found a way to have the patcher install the mod in one go instead of 50 like it used to.

TSL has the "Attack of the Clone" issue K1 does but on a more severe level which means in order to have a variety of unique NPCs in one module GIT edits will be necessary, this isn't hard and probably won't break the game but it will be annoying none the less. 

TSL uses Random Merchant and Loot Drop scripts which randomizes the loot and as you can tell from the K1GI mod that isn't something I'd like to keep. I'd need to disable those scripts without disabling random medpacs and stims for example as of course, those would make sense to drop (An Onderon Soldier dropping Arca Jeth's Jedi Robe is an example as to why I hate random loot)

 

Plus there are a bunch of little nit pics I have with TSL that I just have to get rid of in order to make it an "improvement" never before seen in modding, I can do it but like with K1GI it will take time. I obviously cannot just release Demos as I have with K1 for the past 3 or so years for the TSL release so I may have to restrict the "Demo" to screens in the Gallery section or a WIP thread.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, N-Drew, it's been a while since I was here, so I just wanted to know what mods you recommended using with the K1GI.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 8:59 AM, Domino5555 said:

Hey, N-Drew, it's been a while since I was here, so I just wanted to know what mods you recommended using with the K1GI.

At some point, I plan to integrate JCarter's TSL Jedi Robe by having his robes replace the Revan armour slot in the 2da (Meaning you still get the K1 Jedi Robes alongside TSL Robes, the player will still be able to obtain a unique 'Revan' robe of some sort though). I plan to use different TSL textures from the Force Fashion mod which has 40+ textures meaning the player can get a large variety of new TSL robes in K1 in addition to K1 robes.

 

So that mod isn't compatible and isn't recommended for the future.

 

Anything which is just a simple texture such as planet reskins are fine (As long as you don't install the Blue Endar Spire) though when the mod is completed (Which will probably be in less than 2 years granted nothing gets in the way of things) I will probably make a list of mods which are compatible and incompatible with the mod.

 

Are there any mods you'd like me to check if it can be used with K1GI?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 4:28 AM, N-DReW25 said:

At some point, I plan to integrate JCarter's TSL Jedi Robe by having his robes replace the Revan armour slot in the 2da (Meaning you still get the K1 Jedi Robes alongside TSL Robes, the player will still be able to obtain a unique 'Revan' robe of some sort though). I plan to use different TSL textures from the Force Fashion mod which has 40+ textures meaning the player can get a large variety of new TSL robes in K1 in addition to K1 robes.

 

So that mod isn't compatible and isn't recommended for the future.

 

Anything which is just a simple texture such as planet reskins are fine (As long as you don't install the Blue Endar Spire) though when the mod is completed (Which will probably be in less than 2 years granted nothing gets in the way of things) I will probably make a list of mods which are compatible and incompatible with the mod.

 

Are there any mods you'd like me to check if it can be used with K1GI?

Nothing in particular. Maybe Brotherhood of Shadow, seeing as you're using files from that mod.

EDIT: Actually, there are some mods from NexusMods that I'd like to see compatible:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1198

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1282

By the way, seeing as many of your mods can use the TSL Patcher now, and this mod started before you knew how to do that, how come you haven't given K1G1 TSL Patcher installation?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, um, there are a few glitches on Taris: I can't get a permacrete detonator (therefore unable to complete Matrik's bounty the LS way), the basement of the Hidden Bek base is unlocked (even when I haven't betrayed them yet), and even though I insulted Gana Lavin, she never shows up again with her thugs.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Domino5555 said:

Nothing in particular. Maybe Brotherhood of Shadow, seeing as you're using files from that mod.

EDIT: Actually, there are some mods from NexusMods that I'd like to see compatible:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1198

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1282

By the way, seeing as many of your mods can use the TSL Patcher now, and this mod started before you knew how to do that, how come you haven't given K1G1 TSL Patcher installation?

The Brotherhood of Shadow, whilst I am unopposed might conflict with my future plans regarding Bastila's empty slot which gets replaced in BOSSR.

 

The first mod, considering it has a tslpatcher it would most likely be compatible installation wise though it *may* cause an issue later on in the game, it would really need to be tested though. The second mod, absolutely.

 

As for why there isn't a Patcher in this mod, it is because this mod is being constantly updated meaning if I did use a Patcher I would also need to constantly update the Patcher making updates less convient. When the mod is done I will definitely consider a patcher though I am more interested in a TSLRCM/M4-78 installer as this mod is meant to be installed first.

 

5 hours ago, Domino5555 said:

Hey, um, there are a few glitches on Taris: I can't get a permacrete detonator (therefore unable to complete Matrik's bounty the LS way), the basement of the Hidden Bek base is unlocked (even when I haven't betrayed them yet), and even though I insulted Gana Lavin, she never shows up again with her thugs.

Thank you for the report, I am currently messing around with Taris at the moment anyway so these will most likely be looked at.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

The Brotherhood of Shadow, whilst I am unopposed might conflict with my future plans regarding Bastila's empty slot which gets replaced in BOSSR.

 

The first mod, considering it has a tslpatcher it would most likely be compatible installation wise though it *may* cause an issue later on in the game, it would really need to be tested though. The second mod, absolutely.

 

As for why there isn't a Patcher in this mod, it is because this mod is being constantly updated meaning if I did use a Patcher I would also need to constantly update the Patcher making updates less convient. When the mod is done I will definitely consider a patcher though I am more interested in a TSLRCM/M4-78 installer as this mod is meant to be installed first.

 

Thank you for the report, I am currently messing around with Taris at the moment anyway so these will most likely be looked at.

Honestly, I think the Complete Character Overhaul should serve as a basis for modding of characters and armor.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to install this mod on a vanilla KOTOR build. After that, there might be a few more mods we might want to make compatible with.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Domino5555 said:

N-DReW, I got a CTD when I tried to enter the Lower City.

Seriously? I'll take a look at it, can you confirm whether any Twilek NPCs you saw in the Upper City had normal necks and human ears? This will let me know whether or not it is the result of a Twilek head that breaks the game.

 

This is 1.21.0 on a vanilla install right? Because I remember a very similar bug in 1.20.0 regarding corrupted Twilek files.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Seriously? I'll take a look at it, can you confirm whether any Twilek NPCs you saw in the Upper City had normal necks and human ears? This will let me know whether or not it is the result of a Twilek head that breaks the game.

 

This is 1.21.0 on a vanilla install right? Because I remember a very similar bug in 1.20.0 regarding corrupted Twilek files.

This is a vanilla build with 1.21.0. I didn't really pay attention to the Twi'leks. I'll reload my save from just before I entered the Lower City.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Domino5555 said:

This is a vanilla build with 1.21.0. I didn't really pay attention to the Twi'leks. I'll reload my save from just before I entered the Lower City.

I'm going to install 1.21.0 in a vanilla build as well so I might be able to see what the issue is as it may not have been present in my testing build.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I'm going to install 1.21.0 in a vanilla build as well so I might be able to see what the issue is as it may not have been present in my testing build.

Wait, you're saying that you didn't test it in a vanilla build? What other mods did you use?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Domino5555 said:

Wait, you're saying that you didn't test it in a vanilla build? What other mods did you use?

I did test it in the vanilla build but my testing build had other experimental content in it which I am still working on (Aka content three updates ahead of this one).

 

Oddly, the Lower City works perfectly fine in the test build yet crashes in the released build. From my investigation it is most likely the result of some sort of model error, most likely the Twileks. When I find the error I hope to update this mod with a quick bug fix patch immediately.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Domino5555Great News! I have found the bug, and it didn't technically have anything to do with the Lower City. It turns out I messed up the models for the new Vulkar Shock Stick, because it was broken and NPCs in the Lower City held the Shock Stick the model was responsible for breaking the Lower City.

 

I am updating the build as I type this.

  • Light Side Points 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 7:51 AM, Domino5555 said:

What changes have you made to the endgame of KOTOR 1? I wanted to use 

 

I don't intend to use that scene, you can safely use that mod in future updates.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm also planning on using several mods from DarthParametric. Most of these are mere visual fixes, but there are a few I am concerned about in regards to compatibility.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 5:22 AM, Domino5555 said:

I'm also planning on using several mods from DarthParametric. Most of these are mere visual fixes, but there are a few I am concerned about in regards to compatibility.

 

Mod Number 1:

I'm willing to say that my mod, in terms of the files that mod edits, would be treated the same as the NPC Overhaul.

Quote

Since it has come up in the comments, Kainzorus Prime's NPC Overhaul Mod is compatible, but ONLY if you install it before installing this mod (KP's mod will forcibly overwrite any and all module files, so install it before anything).

Simply install my mod first and then DP's mod on top and it should work perfectly.

 

Mod Number 2:

Now I'm confident I didn't mess with the Kashyyyk on-enter script so that shouldn't be a worry, it appears to be the same case as the first mod.

Quote

If you are using a mod that forcibly overwrites MOD files (like NPC Overhaul), make sure you install that mod first. This mod will patch a pre-existing kas_m24aa.mod in the Modules folder.

 

Mod Number 3:

At the current moment, I haven't edited anything this mod has edited so that one should be good. I *may*, at some point, want to replicate some of DPs fixes from the Leviathan into this mod though that would probably just be it.

 

Mod Number 4:
This is probably the one that won't be compatible. While my mod doesn't change the duel ring visually it relies heavily on dialogue modification. I do think a compatibility patch would have to be released for these two mods

 

Mod Number 5: 

This mod I am confident will be incompatible with my mod due to my modification of the Jedi Robe uti files and the implementation of TSL Jedi Robes alongside the K1 Jedi Robes.

 

If @DarthParametric would like to add anything to this feel free.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Diversified Jedi Captives has a compatibility patch for JC's TSL robes in K1 mod, if that is the source of the robe change. And it is only for the optional extra of the Jedi on Dantooine, since the master required a custom model to get the animation used. If there's some additional difference, a further compatibility patch would be possible, or just don't install that optional component and it would be fine as-is.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

 

Mod Number 1:

I'm willing to say that my mod, in terms of the files that mod edits, would be treated the same as the NPC Overhaul.

Simply install my mod first and then DP's mod on top and it should work perfectly.

 

Mod Number 2:

Now I'm confident I didn't mess with the Kashyyyk on-enter script so that shouldn't be a worry, it appears to be the same case as the first mod.

 

Mod Number 3:

At the current moment, I haven't edited anything this mod has edited so that one should be good. I *may*, at some point, want to replicate some of DPs fixes from the Leviathan into this mod though that would probably just be it.

 

Mod Number 4:
This is probably the one that won't be compatible. While my mod doesn't change the duel ring visually it relies heavily on dialogue modification. I do think a compatibility patch would have to be released for these two mods

 

Mod Number 5: 

This mod I am confident will be incompatible with my mod due to my modification of the Jedi Robe uti files and the implementation of TSL Jedi Robes alongside the K1 Jedi Robes.

 

If @DarthParametric would like to add anything to this feel free.

I take it that his Movie-Style Rakatan Holograms mod won't work either.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Domino5555 said:

I take it that his Movie-Style Rakatan Holograms mod won't work either.

From the looks of it, I can't tell whether or not the .mod files would merge with other .mod files. I'd say, install my mod first and then the MSRH mod though I'd suggest you wait for DP to confirm the details.

 

It could be a simple model replace mod, where as the Hologram model is the only thing changed though again DP would know for sure.

 

On 11/13/2019 at 6:55 PM, DarthParametric said:

Diversified Jedi Captives has a compatibility patch for JC's TSL robes in K1 mod, if that is the source of the robe change. And it is only for the optional extra of the Jedi on Dantooine, since the master required a custom model to get the animation used. If there's some additional difference, a further compatibility patch would be possible, or just don't install that optional component and it would be fine as-is.

I am sure my mod didn't use JCarter's robe model, unfortunately, in addition to not using JCarter's robe model I also made the TSL Robes replace the Revan armor model so that I could have both K1 Robes and TSL Robes at the same time.

 

So far, only the master robe uti files are TSL robes while Jedi and Jedi Knights robes use the K1 models, I'm confident a K1GI patch which swaps out any master robes with the K1 Jedi Knight and Jedi Robe item would fix any conflicts in that area.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Rakatan hologram mod has changed a bit in v1.1. The original version was just a simple model replacement, so it was only a MDL/MDX and some textures in the Override. Version 1.1 added some module-specific changes. The Kashyyyk Lower Shadowlands gets a GIT edit to adjust the position of its hologram. The Unknown World Elder's Compound gets some more extensive changes, since the hologram is now projected above the computer rather than just standing in the corridor behind the party. That required both GIT (a waypoint adjustment and added static cameras) and DLG changes, as well as an edit of the room model. GIT compatibility shouldn't be an issue outside of hard module overwrites, but if someone is dumping unk42_redcomp.dlg in the Override than that will be a problem.

For the Dantooine master,  UTI or appearance.2da changes are irrelevant since it doesn't rely on any of the player stuff. It uses a custom full body model with a custom appearance.2da row. The primary issue is whether you have changed the supermodels, since TSL robes require TSL animations (hence the compatibility patch for JC's robes mod). Textures may also be an issue, but that's an easy solve.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.