About This File
Schematic Lightsaber Mod 2021
for TSLRCM 1.8.5/1.8.6
Author: Kaidon Jorn
Date: Autumn 2020-Summer 2021
This is a large scale lightsaber mod which was built using TSLRCM 1.8.5. This lightsaber mod will not work properly without TSLRCM installed. It should be installed directly after the **DeadlySteam version** of TSLRCM 1.8.5 and on the **LEGACYPC version** of the game from Steam (NOT THE ASPYR VERSION).
In this mod every party member that is trainable as Jedi will have a uniquely named lightsaber to build on the workbench through new dialog options after they have become Jedi. These initial dialogs will require color crystals to access but will then unlock that specific lightsaber to be built as many times as you like, as long as you have color crystals. These dialogs have been expanded quite a bit to offer a bit more immersion. Huge thanks to Fair Strides.
In version 2021, lightsaber schematics have been redesigned so that you must equip it on your forearm and activate it like a forearm shield. They are destroyed once you are able to use them (they have a one minute cooldown), but will open the workbench dialog option to create them. You will still need to have at least one color crystal in your inventory and you must have completed your lightsaber quest in order to open the workbench options for them, since completing your lightsaber quest grants you the power to learn a schematic.
Both the Jedi Masters and Sith Lords have their own unique lightsabers to wield. These have upgraded stats, weathered and worn textures, and are collectible by the player. There are also two new quests to find the parts of two different lightsabers which you can then build on the workbench, one begins in the Telos military base and the other somewhere on Dxun.
2.0 ----------> 2021 Changes List
- All SLM Lightsaber's now use Crazy34's New Lightsaber Blade Models with ambient lighting! Thanks very much to him.
- All lightsaber schematics are now forearm equippable items that have a one minute cooldown before you can attempt to learn another schematic.
- The Workbench dialog file has been expanded bigly to be able to deconstruct all SLM and vanilla game sabers.
- Sion's Pain and the Infernal Warrior's Lightsaber now use SithSpecter's Unstable Blade Textures with ambient lighting.
- The tank droid boss in the military base on Telos no longer drops the Telos Defender's Crystal. It now drops the first part that starts a quest to build that lightsaber model on the workbench. The saber itself is now called "Honorable Duelist Lightsaber", and has a gold blade and glow.
- A new (old) lightsaber model has returned and uses SithSpecter's Unstable Blade Textures. "Acheron's Frost" can now be aquired through a new quest that starts somewhere in the first visit of Dxun.
- Now compatible with Markus Ramiken's Workbench Crystal Attunement Mod. <<Only drop the .ncs script file into your Override folder, the workbench dialog file is already compatible.>>
- Training Sabers are now fully upgradeable and come with a 1-8 damage by themselves.
- Mandalorian War Leader's Lightsaber has been removed permanently and replaced by Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber. The schematic now drops in the tomb on Korriban.
- All of the looted lightsabers have been touched up in the texture department, giving them a weathered and/or worn look, and gave them all various stats.
- Eloquence now has a silvery blue blade and glow. Upgraded stats.
- All party member lightsaber building dialogs have all been rebuilt with excitingly new and fancy scripts from FairStrides of DeadlyStream fame and glory. They will all meditate on their crystals after building their lightsabers.
- Visas Marr now builds an old RandomSabers model I named "Miralukan Seer's Lightsaber". The Omen is held by her on the first meeting in the Ebon Hawk.
- Freedon Nadd's Lightsaber is now fully upgradeable standard blade saber.
- Bao-Dur's Liberator no longer uses the "chrome1" texture.
- Alderaanian Battle Saber had a model switch and now uses the old RandomSabers "Quillian" hilt.
- Master Vash's Redemption had a model switch, and now uses the old RandomSabers "Schism" hilt.
- The Solace sabers now have a "pale gold" blade and glow.
- Freedon Nadd now has a seperate standard bladed hilt that you can find in the Sith tomb on Dxun.
- The crystal cave on Dantooine has extra crystals to aquire, it is tied to the "Weapon of the Jedi" questline.
- Compatibilty for M4-78 has not yet happened, but I will get to it eventually. (I hope...)
- Many other improvements I don't remember since I began rebuilding the mod back in October of 2020.
Install by running the .exe file called "SLM 2021"
1.) Open SLM's BACKUP folder - copy and paste all .MOD files into game's MODULES folder and let overwrite.
2.) Copy and paste party member .DLG files (including workbnch.dlg) and any .2DA files found in SLM's BACKUP folder into game's OVERRIDE folder and let overwrite.
3.) Copy and paste the dialog.tlk found in SLM's BACKUP folder into KotOR2's main folder. Let overwrite.
4.) Delete all saber files from the game's OVERRIDE folder. (tga's, .txi's, .mdl's, .mdx's, uti's)
*Not compatible with any other saber mods (i.e. Varsity Puppet's Duplisaber, USM, HotOR, etc, etc) UNLESS it only changes the default hilt models. This mod uses (almost) every lightsaber model slot available (13 thru 255).
*As always, do not try to put a crystal that was made for a double-bladed saber into a single-bladed saber (except Solace or the personal quest saber) or vice versa because it will crash your game.
*As previously stated, you will not find Vash's or Kaah's hilts unless you have M4-78EP (1.2) and the SLM compatibility patch installed.
*For companions like Visas, Mira, and Kreia, it's probabaly a good idea to stand off to one side of them when starting their saber making dialogs. They may get stuck trying to path find.
*All 13 schematics should be in your possession after helping Talia or Vaklu on Onderon. All dropped saber loot should be in your possession after the Nihilus fight, except Sion's.
*If you want Nihilus' lightsaber you must ask Visas for it. It will come with the mask.
*Kreia's Peragus saber is lost after Sion cuts her hand off. Don't expect it back.
* Do not try to disassemble a hilt that is already equipped by a party member. If you want to switch a party member's saber, make the new one first, then equip it on them before disassembling the one they had (or be controlling the character you want to disassemble on). No clue why this happens but it will crash the game.
* At time of release, there may be a small bug in 903MAL where Sion dosen't walk to his spot where the assassins circle around him directly after the Atton fight. (903Kreia.dlg) (((UPDATE:7/7/2021 It works fine)))
Special thanks to Crazy34 for releasing his new saber blade models and letting me convert all my lightsabers to his blade models.
Thanks to Fair Strides for all the scripting help, he basically came up with the force power script that allows you to learn a schematic. I just modified it to what I needed.
Thanks to SithSpecter for use of his unstable blade textures.
Thanks to VP (and all the Holowan Labs modders) for coding and general modding help over the years.
Thanks to Deadman for making the training sabers power on and off and providing the textures.
Thanks to DeadlyStream for hosting my mods.
1.0 - 2.0 changes list
- Redesigned lightsaber schematics into usable items that you "learn". Learning the schematic sets the boolean to "true" so it is memorized in the workbench dialog file, and the schematics are no longer cluttering up your inventory.
- It is no longer possible for Disciple to get stuck on the MedBay wall inside the Ebon Hawk since I made him jump to the workbench like Atton does. He will still walk back to the MedBay.
- Further developed party member saber building dialogs of all party members so alignment will matter. Added new scenes so that Kreia and Visas will now meditate on their crystals.
- Adjusted hit points or stats on some of the added bosses.
- Updated the dialog for Atris' Telos Academy schematic crate.
- Integrated Apostle Saber Addon patch and renamed them to "Solace", gave them unique blade color, made a new encounter for them in Dantooine Enclave sub-level. Returned them to the original chrome texture (baremetal didn't look right). Updated icons.
- Integrated Training Sabers from my TOR Sabers Mod. Credit to Darth Deadman for adding the energy fields that power on and off like a lightsaber on those.
- Added new double-bladed saber "Elite Assassin's Saberstaff".
- Made assassins in Sith Academy on Korriban wield double-bladed lightsabers.
- Remade alot of lightsaber icons. Updated textures on several saber hilts.
- Cut down on the use of chrome hilts alot. Reshaded most of the ones that still use it.
- Eloquence now has a cerulean blade. The cyan core/blue one from 1.0 was not up to par with the rest so I got rid of it.
- Master Vash now has an entirely new model from the archives, she now wields the 'Aggressor'. Updated all necessary files.
- Renamed Vrook's saber to 'Vigilance'. Updated all necessary files.
- Fixed Saquesh not giving the Alderaanian Battle Saber schematic as he should have been if you help the Exchange.
- Fixed Kreia taking the long way around to the workbench.
- Finally retired my beautiful 4900 poly Acheron Saber and gave Sion an old RandomSabers model ("the Banshee") with a "scratched up" texture, a much larger scaling and a deeper red blade/pinker core.
- Added new powerup and powerdown sounds for sabers.
- Renamed the old 'Warrior's Lightsaber' found in the Korriban Tomb to 'Fury'.
- Rewrote and rescripted the dialog for the Sith Ghost encounter in the Korriban Tomb.
- Added 'Infernal Warrior's Lightsaber' with a dark orange blade and a new boss in the late game Citadel Station to beat you over the head with it.
- Rescaled and reskinned Revan's TOR saber. Made a new saber mod (Revan's Canonical TOR Sabers) as a seperate add-on that is compatible with this one as the way to get that saber model - *though it will replace 'Mandalorian War Leader's'*.
- Readjusted stats on a few of the dropped sabers.
- Wrote descriptions for Master's sabers.
- Buffed Darth Traya (Atris) for Telos Academy fight and Darth Nihilus just a little.
Permissions: You may not redistribute files contained herein and you may not use these files in your own mod without my consent.
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THESE FILES.
What's New in Version 1.1 See changelog
Fixed a script that had a wrong item tag for the "Weapon of the Jedi" quest.