About This File
This is a mirror. The main file can be found on Nexusmods. Updates will be found, and feedback should be directed, there.
This mod removes all of the fourth wall breaks and tutorial sections that crop up at the beginning of the game. If you turn off tutorial pop-ups, you will not receive a single tutorial message or informative instruction, designed to take you out of the game, and teach you something that you already found out in your other dozen playthroughs of the Endar Spire. Trask is completely gone (though you might find the aftermath of his fight with Darth Bandon), and the player now escapes the Endar Spire without his nagging instructions. You can now power through the intro of the game if you like. Doors have been unlocked, allowing the player to progress through the level without being forced to using battle droids or melee weapons to approach combat situations. These features are also available in my Jedi from the Start mod, which also allows you to start as a Jedi.
- All tutorial elements removed from the Endar Spire and Taris
Requirements & Compatibility
- Start the Installer.exe file (The tslpatchdata folder must stay in the same folder as the Installer.exe). You install the mod by clicking the Install Mod button. The mod is now installed
- There is a "Manual Installation" option available for anyone who cannot use the Installer for whatever reason. This is not recommended, and will be incompatible with most other mods. Copy both (The Module and the Override) folders in the Manual Installation folder into your SWKotOR folder. The mod is now installed
- Tutorial Remover should be installed on a new installation, with KotOR 1 Community Patch or KotOR 1 Restoration already installed if you plan to use them
- The mod is fully compatible with KotOR 1 Community Patch
- The mod is fully compatible with KotOR 1 Restoration
- The mod is fully compatible with Carth's Republic Uniform and Flight Suit
- Most mods should be compatible, unless they edit the Endar Spire, or the Taris Appartment
- Jedi from the Start is not compatible, but it does exactly the same things as this mod, making this redundant if you use that
- Jedi from the Start does the same things as this mod, but also lets you be a Jedi
If you would like to know what else I am working on, you can follow me on my Twitter. If you want to see more of my mods, you can view all of them on my Nexus profile.
If you would like to see more, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel, or follow me on Twitch, where I play a variety of games and showcase a variety of mods.
If you want to discuss any of my work, or just want to hang out, you can join my Discord. If you want to directly contact me, my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for reading, enjoy!
What's New in Version 1.3.0 See changelog
- Edits to Bandon's dialogue have been redone. They are now fully scripted through the patcher and should be compatible with everything
- Trask's Remains now disappear when fully looted. Improved positioning of Trask's corpse to prevent clipping
- Cleaned up some cutscene scripts on the Endar Spire
- Player is fully healed when they enter the second section of the Endar Spire, as they are no longer invulnerable, and will likely be at 1 health. The forced level up in the vanilla game normally prevents this, but because you might not level up this fix prevents you from dying immediately