About This File
This is a mirror. The main file can be found on Nexusmods. Updates will be found, and feedback should be directed, there.
This mod removes all of the fourth wall breaks and tutorial sections that crop up at the beginning of the game. If you turn off tutorial pop-ups, you will not receive a single tutorial message or informative instruction, designed to take you out of the game, and teach you something that you already found out in your other dozen playthroughs of the Endar Spire. Trask is completely gone (though you might find the aftermath of his fight with Darth Bandon), and the player now escapes the Endar Spire without his nagging instructions. You can now power through the intro of the game if you like. Doors have been unlocked, allowing the player to progress through the level without being forced to using battle droids or melee weapons to approach combat situations. These features are also available in my Jedi from the Start mod, which also allows you to start as a Jedi.
- All tutorial elements removed from the Endar Spire and Taris
Requirements & Compatibility
- Read the Readme file, it will give you instructions on how to use the "Installer.exe" file to install the mod
- There is a "Manual Installation" option available for anyone who cannot use the Installer for whatever reason
- Tutorial Remover should be installed on a new installation, with KotOR 1 Restoration already installed if you plan to use it
- The mod is fully compatible with KotOR 1 Restoration
- The mod is fully compatible with Carth's Republic Uniform and Flight Suit
- Most mods should be compatible, unless they edit the Endar Spire, or the Taris Appartment
- Jedi from the Start is not compatible, but it does exactly the same things as this mod, making this redundant if you use that
- Jedi from the Start does the same things as this mod, but also lets you be a Jedi
Thank you for reading, enjoy!
What's New in Version 1.2.0 See changelog
- Trask's Corpse once again uses his unique appearance, but is still lootable this time