1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?
After the character creation
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
4CD version, UK region.
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)
Yes, both UK 1.0a and 1.0b were installed (in order).
5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?
6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?
7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
No mods at all
8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
The error happens after I create a character. If I don't use Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode and "Run As Administrator" in properties, everything is fine until I get to choose whether I want to play or skip the prologue, then I cannot even look at the options because of the game crashing to desktop. With Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode and "Run as Administrator", the game crashes before first movies, during the loading of 001EBO.
I followed everything in Sith Holocron's Guide until operations with swkotor2.ini. I cannot save the modified file, it says "Access Denial" when I try to. I also didn't do the things labeled with Windows Vista Only.
9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
10) Have you tried using a different save game?
Fresh install, no savegames to try.
11) Have you tried starting a new game?
Yes, a couple of times.
12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows 7 SP1 Professional.
13) What language is your game set for?
English (United Kingdom)
I would also like to inform that this is not the first time when installing the game results in an ultimate failure. On the same computer, everything was fine until I moved it to another room a couple of months ago and replaced a HDD Disc with an SSD one. I didn't need to perform any additional actions to install KOTOR 2, then. I also tried installing TSLRCM with hope of it fixing the crash in prologue, but it didn't work either.
superSzymMember Since 20 Jun 2016
Offline Last Active Today, 08:29 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 231
- Profile Views 1,917
- Member Title Jedi Knight
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday January 27
Star Wars, contributing to a Polish Star Wars fanon website, Photoshop, trying to rotate perspective in GMax, obvious things like life
- Website URL http://pl.swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:SuperSzym