Favourite game in the Jedi Knight series

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favourite Jedi Knight Game? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your Favourite Jedi Knight game?

1. Dark Forces (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Voted Jedi Knight (Dark Forces II) (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Voted Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (12 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

4. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Guest_Plastic_*

Guest_Plastic_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

Answer: Yes. 3 times. Same with the drivers, new drivers. This is not an uncommon problem. That's why I haven't upgraded my other computer from it's old X900 pro video card.

Opinion: Even so, DF2 is still WAY better than JA or JO.

Statement: I forgot to mention a reason why I think DF2 is the best. Unlike in JO or JA, when you look down into a cliff, it really is a long way down. You can see it, especially on Nar Shaddaa. In JO, Nar Shaddaa didn't look like Nar Shaddaa. It didn't give me the feeling that if I fall, I will be faling for a very long time, and you don't. In DF2, you can't see the floor without the IR goggles, and if you use a grappling hook to keep from being reset, it takes about 30+seconds to get to the bottom.

I haven't played DF or DF2, so I wouldn't know.

#22 Guest_ibejim_*

Guest_ibejim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

I bought JA really cheap jewel case about 6 years ago and right after I beat it I found JO and the DF games. I am still looking for Mysteries of the Sith though...

The only place I know where you could find it would be on steam, I think it's about 4 U.S. dollars

#23 Guest_Gaminglord28_*

Guest_Gaminglord28_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Answer: Yes. 3 times. Same with the drivers, new drivers. This is not an uncommon problem. That's why I haven't upgraded my other computer from it's old X900 pro video card.

Opinion: Even so, DF2 is still WAY better than JA or JO.

Statement: I forgot to mention a reason why I think DF2 is the best. Unlike in JO or JA, when you look down into a cliff, it really is a long way down. You can see it, especially on Nar Shaddaa. In JO, Nar Shaddaa didn't look like Nar Shaddaa. It didn't give me the feeling that if I fall, I will be faling for a very long time, and you don't. In DF2, you can't see the floor without the IR goggles, and if you use a grappling hook to keep from being reset, it takes about 30+seconds to get to the bottom.

That is true. After falling a few seconds in JO and JA, you just see a black void and invisible ground. This is especially annoying when using the Godmode cheat. I still like JO the best, but DFII still is pretty darn fun.

#24 Guest_Gaminglord28_*

Guest_Gaminglord28_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

Is there any way at all to play JO/JA on Win7?

#25 MrPhil

MrPhil

a.k.a PhilDevil at LF

• Premium Member
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

Uh, Crack No-CD? I think there was an issue where the game would ask you for a CD even though it was in the drive. Maybe this help? Both game runs fine on my W7 64-bit. (Except for a weird bug in JO. Issues with cinematics which may prevent from pursuing the game, especially the one with the electrical pipe that threatens to fall in the water...)

#26 Duvai

Duvai

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHighlands of Scotland

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

Sorry for the necro but, new mods are underway which I believe will breathe new life into these games! I've not played DarkForces II, it was the game I knew about when I was a kid but couldn't play because of not being able to access it - didn't have a PC at the time but Outcast on the other hand, was EPIC and still is to this very day. Check out my upcoming mod of it over on ModDB/JKHub or check out my YouTube clips of the mods progress :D
http://www.moddb.com...cast-redemption
https://jkhub.org/to...ast-redemption/
https://www.youtube....cHNdVgSeEq4kZsg

Edit: Deleted recogition of a mod. One slight deserves another.

#27 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:20 AM

This is very interesting news. I've seen the Dark Forces II mod since its infancy, and since the Dark Forces I mod was so suddenly abandoned after releasing its demo, I'd love to see at least one of these to finally be complete.

The fact that they're making their own engine tells me that they're serious and reminds me of the one successful conversion mod, Black Mesa.

I've always been a fan of the entire Dark Forces series as it feels like a slightly more mature version of Star Wars with its constant gunplay and fairly robust story. Thanks for the info. :)
|____________>>_______>>__/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users